O'Bammy Lies To The American Again!
klattu
2014-09-18 14:41:37 UTC
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3791132698001/your-money-your-life/#sp=show-clips
Kirby Grant
2014-09-18 15:41:44 UTC
Newsgroups: alt.politics.democrats
Subject: O'Bammy Lies To The American Again!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:41:37 -0400
Post by Kirby Grant
Newsgroups: alt.politics.democrats
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:41:37 -0400
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3791132698001/your-money-your-life/#sp=show-clips
You are quoting faux snooze
You're goddamned right, motherfucker. That's where people who want
information get it, and that scares the fucking shit out of you. NOTHING
scares the fuck out of a fuckwit democrat more than facts and information.
Post by Kirby Grant
as a source to say that the president lied.
Of course he lied, you fucking idiot. He lies every time he opens his
fucking mouth because he looks upon you as fucking STUPID and you ARE.
Stupid sieg heiling tool for fascists. Fuck you for that.
Post by Kirby Grant
Their story itself has to be considered a lie simply because it is faux
snooze.
Go fuck yourself, you lying brown shirted motherfucker.

-Eddie Haskell
klattu
2014-09-19 03:22:19 UTC
Post by klattu
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3791132698001/your-money-your-life/#sp=show-clips
Can you point out one lie or anything he said to be untrue????...

BUT....you have to watch it first, which you undoubtedly didn't do!

O'Bammy is colossal failure and you know it, you just hate admiring
you voted for the pathological liar, (TWICE). He was unqualified to
even run a lemonaid standand and not properly vetted...had the MSM
actually done their job and check into his past, they would have
clearly seen he had a history of lying and deceit.

The book Dreams from My Father is full of lies,
Here are a few:

The media's sneakiest dirty trick in the book is bias by omission,
because is is so hard to find, when journalists decide "what the
people don't know won't hurt them," or more precisely, "what the
people don't know won't hurt our candidate."

In Barack Obama's case this omission emerged in 2012 over his
biographical narrative: his 1995 memoir Dreams From My Father, which
became a huge bestseller as he prepared to run for president, and
enriched him with an estimated $1.3 million in royalties (not to
mention almost $4 million for his campaign book The Audacity of Hope),
and that's just through 2007.

Reporters loved this book. In an October 23, 2006, cover story in Time
magazine, Joe Klein oozed about Obama's parentage: "He told the story
in brilliant, painful detail in his first book, Dreams from My Father,
which may be the best-written memoir ever produced by an American
politician."

Chris Matthews was even more effusive, to the point of slobbery, on
MSNBC, which is to say, typical. The book was "unique because he's
a politician and not since U.S. Grant has a politician written his own
book, and that is refreshing." It was great literature. "It's almost
like Mark Twain. It's so American, it's so textured. It's so, almost
sounding like great fiction because it reads like us. It's
picturesque. Is that the right word, 'picturesque'? I think it's got
that quality."

Matthews was exactly right. It sounded like great fiction because so
much of it was fictionalized.

The warning was right there in the preface to his 1995 memoir, where
Barack Obama admitted the chapters to come were taking liberties with
the truth: "Although much of this book is based on contemporaneous
journals or the oral histories of my family, the dialogue is
necessarily an approximation of what was actually said or relayed to
me." Even the people weren't entirely real: "For the sake of
compression, some of the characters that appear are composites of
people, I've known, and some events appear out of precise chronology."

Ask a journalist if he supports the notion of a president whose life
story is one part mythology, like George Washington and the cherry
tree. Some media people have been stunned when they are told of this
paragraph, as if they never read this book, or skipped the preface.
But that has never nicked the larger legend that's been created. The
nation's so-called guardians of factual accuracy don't even expect
honesty from Obama on his own life story.

Liberal journalists -- especially hacks like Chris Matthews at MSNBC
-- routinely disparage conservatives for the "birthers" and their
conspiracy theories that Obama can't be president because he wasn't
born in the United States. They enjoyed the circus around Donald
Trump's demands for Obama's birth certificate as proof that
conservatives couldn't accept a black man as president. When Romney
clinched the Republican nomination in late May, NBC's Matt Lauer
wondered on the Today show, "will his ongoing relationship with Donald
Trump overshadow his big moment? As Trump plays the birther card once
again."

But the public should see the entire national media as a pack of
"mythers"-people who blithely accepted Obama's concocted life story
without challenging the factual reliability of any of it. It should be
called Fever Dreams From My Father. Or Day Dreams From My Father.
Anything to underscore that this should not be seen as a biography.

Instead, Obama was honored for his narrative-mangling skill. In 2008,
New York Times reporter Janny Scott oozed, "Senator Obama understands
as well as any politician the power of a well-told story. He has risen
in politics less on his track record than on his telling of his life
story-a tale he has packaged into two hugely successful books that
have helped make him a mega-best-selling, two-time Grammy-winning
millionaire front-runner for the Democratic presidential nomination at
age 46."

Liberals occasionally tried to preserve a fraction of their dignity as
journalists with a few uncomfortable facts. But they were quiet about
it.

For example, on July 13, 2011, in a story published on page 16, New
York Times reporter Kevin Sack explained, "The White House on
Wednesday declined to challenge an account in a new book that suggests
that President Obama, in his campaign to overhaul American health
care, mischaracterized a central anecdote about his mother's deathbed
dispute with her insurance company."

The headline said the book "challenges" the Obama story, and in the
story they used the word "mischaracterized." It was a whole lot more
misleading than that.

That new book was titled A Singular Woman: The Untold Story of Barack
Obama's Mother. The author was Janny Scott, the same Times reporter
who was so impressed with Obama's story-telling in 2008. But she found
holes in the narrative. Scott quoted from correspondence from Obama's
mother, Ann Dunham, to assert that the 1995 dispute concerned a Cigna
disability insurance policy. Her actual health insurer had reimbursed
most of her medical expenses without argument. The Times noted that
although candidate Obama often suggested that Dunham "was denied
health coverage because of a pre-existing condition, it appears from
her correspondence that she was only denied disability coverage."

So he was lying. Indeed, reporters could have held Obama accountable
for lying repeatedly on his way to his first presidential victory and
beyond, obscenely using his own deceased mother as a prop – in a TV
ad, in his convention speech, in a presidential debate, and in a
town-hall debate over ObamaCare in 2009, just for starters.

Kevin Sack of the Times turned to liberal Harvard professor Robert
Blendon to pronounce the obvious: if Obama's phony story line had been
discovered during the 2008 campaign, "people would have considered it
a significant error." But it was not an error. It was a bald-faced
lie, repeated over and over.

Blendon added: "I just took for granted that it was a pre-existing
condition health insurance issue." So did the entire American news
media.

But the suppressing media not only failed to find this deception in
2008. They ignored it when it was exposed in 2011. Network coverage of
this new jaw-dropper on ABC, CBS, and NBC? Zero in 2011, and zero in
2012.

This suppression of Janny Scott's most damaging anecdote was even true
for the Times itself. When the paper first ran an excerpt of her book
in their Sunday magazine on April 24, 2011, it came with a cover photo
of Barack as a pre-schooler standing by his mother in a pirate
costume.The article was a flowery bouquet of prose about "the stout,
pale-skinned woman in sturdy sandals, standing squarely a half-step
ahead of the lithe, darker-skinned figure to her left. His
elastic-band body bespoke discipline, even asceticism . . . he had the
studied casualness of a catalog model, in khakis, at home in the
viewfinder."

After Obama was safely re-elected, David Axelrod insisted that the
voters prized Obama's authenticity and disdained Mitt Romney's
apparent plasticity. "Barack Obama's very authentic. They knew what
drove him. They were comfortable with him." Authenticity was hardly
Obama's strong suit, but how could voters know otherwise when the
national media were censoring news?

Obama's "Composite" White Women

David Maraniss of The Washington Post was another reporter flying all
over the world trying to separate the real Obama from the phony memoir
of Dreams -- but in the friendliest possible way. Maraniss told Vanity
Fair that Obama's memoir had value despite its pack of lies: "I say
that his memoir is a remarkably insightful exploration of his internal
struggle, but should not be read as rigorous factual history. It is
not, and the president knew that when he wrote it and knows it now."

This was a bombshell. Maraniss had spent months exploring Obama's past
and held a prestigious editor's post at the dominant paper in the
nation's capital, and was overseeing campaign coverage as Obama faced
a difficult re-election. But the bombshell never exploded.

In mid-June, his book Barack Obama: The Story came out. On June 5,
deep inside the paper, New York Times reviewer Michiko Kakutani
noticed several factual problems with Obama's memoir. She called the
book a "forensic deconstruction" of Obama.

For example, Obama wrote about "a woman in New York that I loved." But
while the physical description of this character closely resembles a
white Obama girlfriend named Genevieve Cook, Maraniss wrote Obama
"distorted her attitudes and some of their experiences, emphasizing
his sense that they came from different worlds."

Maraniss relayed that during an interview at the White House on
November 10, 2011, Obama acknowledged his description of his New York
girlfriend was actually a "compression" of events "that occurred at
separate times with several different girlfriends."
Obama didn't just dump his old girlfriends. He then added insult to
injury by blurring them into a fictional composite. If a memoir can't
be honest about something as trivial as " a women in New York that I
loved," how can it be considered accurate with matters that are
profound?

The glossy magazine Vanity Fair published an excerpt from Maraniss,
but didn't focus very seriously on the "compression." They were
fascinated by excerpts from Cook's diary, and letters Obama wrote to
another white girlfriend, Alex McNear. On May 2, ABC anchor Diane
Sawyer swooned as she quoted Obama's letters, and pretended it was
somehow a "peril" for ABC to discover them and praise them.

"One of the perils of being President: Everything you ever wrote will
become public. And today, Barack Obama, age 22-long before he met
Michelle-new letters and diary entries revealed in Vanity Fair from a
biography out soon," Sawyer announced.

"He had college girlfriends, two women… Genevieve Cook and Alex
McNear. And in a love letter to McNear, the President writes adoringly
about life in New York. Quote, 'Moments trip gently along over here.
Snow caps the bushes in unexpected ways. Birds shoot and spin like
balls of sound. My feet hum over the dry walks.' Oh, we were all so
romantic when we were young. The book relies on a trove of letters and
journal entries that Obama and his friends created during the 1980s."

So much for "peril." Sawyer and ABC never showed the slightest
interest in Obama compressing and mangling his college sweethearts in
his book.

There was more distortion. Obama also told a story about taking a
girlfriend to a "very angry play" by a black playwright and she came
out "talking about why black people were angry all the time. I said it
was a matter of remembering-nobody asks why Jews remember the
Holocaust, I think I said -- and she said that's different, and I said
it wasn't, and she said that anger was just a dead end. And we had a
big fight, right in front of the theater."

Maraniss reported, "None of this happened with Genevieve." Cook said
they attended the theater just once together, to see the British
actress Billie Whitelaw performing from the work of the Irish
playwright Samuel Beckett. The one time they were in the midst of a
black audience was a trip to the movies in Brooklyn to see Eddie
Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop. Cook told Maraniss, "I was the only white
person in the audience," and "It was such a wonderful, uplifting,
mind-blowing experience."

There was no fight. There was no crying in the car (neither person had
a car). There was no scene where Obama's girlfriend asked about angry
black people.

Maraniss asked Obama about this at the White House. Obama acknowledged
the scene did not happen with Cook. "That was not her," he said. "That
was an example of compression. I thought that was a useful theme to
make about sort of the interactions I had in the relationship. And so
that occupies, what, two paragraphs in the book? My attitude was it
would be dishonest for me not to touch on that at all."

Stop. Rewind. He's saying "it would be dishonest of me" not to make up
a story about a black-white lovers' quarrel? To Obama, real life was
merely raw material for manufacturing the "larger truth" of his
mythology. His story was false -- period.

In another stunning passage from the same chapter of the Maraniss
book, a passage that Vanity Fair did not excerpt -- perhaps because
it wasn't about Obama's love life-Obama describes his brief tenure
after graduation from Columbia at a place called Business
International, which produced newsletters and updates for corporations
seeking to do business abroad. Obama boasted, "I had my own office, my
own secretary, money in the bank. Sometimes, coming out an interview
with Japanese financiers or German bond traders, I would catch my
reflection in the elevator doors-see myself in a suit and tie, a
briefcase in my hand-and for a split second, I would imagine myself as
a captain of industry, barking out orders, closing the deal, before I
remembered who it was that I wanted to be and felt pangs of guilt for
my lack of resolve."

Maraniss found these recollections were "seen as distortions and
misrepresentations by many of the people who had worked with him."
They said Obama had no secretary, and his office was the size of a
cubicle, barely large enough to fit a desk. The dress code was
informal, and people in his position rarely wore suits. "He dressed
like a college kid," said his supervisor Lou Celi.

Ralph Diaz, the company's vice president for publications, thought
Obama was embellishing his role for dramatic effect "in a book that
reads more like a novel." He said "Obama worked at a very, very low
position there. . . . The part about seeing his reflection in the
elevator doors? There were no reflections there. . . . He was not in
this high, talking-to-Swiss-bankers kind of role. He was in the back
rooms checking things on the phone."

Another colleague characterized it with equal distaste: "He retells
the story as the temptation of Christ . . . the young idealistic
would-be community organizer who gets a nice suit and barely escapes
moving into the big mansion with the white folks."

In an interview with Vanity Fair, Maraniss admitted that he bent his
usual rules to make his interview with the president more
advantageous. What's the harm in a little collusion?

"I did something I rarely do: I gave him a copy of the introduction to
the book so he would understand its parameters. I also gave him the
table of contents, knowing that some of the chapter titles, such as
'Genevieve and the Veil,' would mean something to him but not to his
staff. The interview was scheduled for 45 minutes. It went on for more
than an hour and a half. He answered all of my questions, sometimes
took issue with my interpretations, but was fairly forthright."

Here's how he was forthright. When Maraniss was interviewed on NBC's
Today on June 18, 2012, substitute host David Gregory noted, "You
point out inconsistencies. You talk with greater depth and detail
about his pot smoking as a young person. You unearth letters from
former, you know, loves. Genevieve Cook. How did he react to all of
that?"

Maraniss answered: "Well, he's a writer himself. When I first
interviewed him, he said, 'David, your introduction'-[which] I let him
read-''is interesting, but you called my book fiction.' And I said,
'No, Mr. President, I complimented it. I called it literature.'
There's a big difference between memoir and biography. And it wasn't
that I was trying to fact check everything that he wrote in his
biography, but I just wanted to get the story right. So, he didn't-he
didn't really fight with me about it. But it was an interesting
conversation."

In the book's introduction, after he praised Dreams as "unusually
insightful," Maraniss wrote that "it is important to say it falls into
the realm of literature, and not of history and autobiography, and
should not be read as a rigorously factual account."

Gregory asked, "Was he forthcoming about these additional details?"
Maraniss understood Gregory's roundabout inquiry and said Obama didn't
put up a fight to the charge he'd mangled his own life story:

"In most cases he said, you're probably right. You know, a lot of the
mythology of the family was passed along to him that he didn't check.
Like, that his step-grandfather in Indonesia he thought died fighting
the Dutch in the anti-colonial war. In fact, the man died of a heart
attack falling off an ottoman changing the drapes in his living room.
You know, that sort of story is something that the president did not
check. And when I told him the reality of so many of those things he
said, you're probably right."

These "journalists" were tying themselves into pretzels to avoid
calling this a fabrication.

Maraniss faced a tension between his self-perceived role as a
historian versus his role as a journalist. The historian wanted to
present with some objectivity and detachment a reliable record for the
ages. The journalist living in the present was much more circumspect
about his findings.

The Punahou Hoops Scoop

Here's the most remarkable discovery of media omissions on Obama's
behalf: The Washington Post, the journalistic home base of Maraniss,
never touched on the memoir lies. All these passages on Obama's
self-made mythology were never republished in the newspaper.

The Post ran massive exposés trying to ruin first Rick Perry, then or
Mitt Romney, but published nothing about Obama's blatant myth-making.
Instead, on June 5, the Post published a rave review of the Maraniss
tome on the front page of the Style section, headlined "A masterful
portrait of a guarded politician."

Shamelessly, the Post reviewer, author T. J. Stiles, oozed, "Every
biographer knows how difficult it is to render an actual human being
with the depth of a fictional character. . . . A character should be
capable of surprises without seeming inauthentic or arbitrary." But
Stiles never mentioned Maraniss exposing Obama's fictionalizations. He
even wrote Maraniss "makes the fringe skepticism of Obama's birthplace
seem even more ridiculous, if possible," but utterly ignored how the
Post editor found Obama lied about his mother's almost-immediate
departure for the homeland after his birth.

What did Maraniss think of this whitewash? Maraniss didn't mind. He
linked to the rave review on Twitter, with the words: "TJ Stiles says
'no review can convey this book's breadth and depth,' but his review
of Obama: The Story not 2 shabby.". Not shabby? Stiles had ignored
the most damaging part of the book's depth.

After running very large investigative pieces on the front page
trashing Rick Perry and Mitt Romney, Maraniss and the Post provided
the perfect contrast of anti-Republican bile with pro-Obama goo. The
only Maraniss book excerpt appearing in the newspaper was placed at
the top of the Sunday sports section on June 11. The 5,500-word
excerpt carried the headline "President Obama's Love for Basketball
Can be Traced Back to His High School Team." The story took up two
whole pages inside the sports section.

The Post apparently found nothing about Obama's life more illuminating
or substantive for readers than repeating that Obama loved basketball
-- about which Maraniss had also written syrupy passages in 2008.

Strangely, the excerpt wrapped up with Maraniss laboring to suggest
Obama's use of marijuana in high school was very typical for the Disco
Era. "If there is a representative teenager's life, Barry Obama lived
a version of it in Hawaii in the late 1970s. Several things stood out
-- he went to a prestigious school, he lived with his grandparents,
his father was gone, his mother was infrequently present, he was a
hapa black in a place where most people were a lighter shade of
brown-and those traits helped shape his particular character, but they
did not make his life odd or mysterious. He smoked pot with his Choom
Gang and goofed around outside the classroom, where he came across
as smart and mature if not notably studious, but the central activity
of his high school life was basketball."

The "choom" in "Choom Gang" was a verb meaning to smoke pot. Maraniss
found Obama was an enthusiastic pot smoker, but it was mentioned in
passing in the Post. This paragraph was lifted out of a chapter that
began with Maraniss reporting the future president and his friends
believed in "TA," or "total absorption," as in "Wasting good bud smoke
was not tolerated." Barry championed "roof hits," that when they were
pot-smoking in the car, all the windows had to be rolled up, and when
the pot was gone, they tilted their heads upward to suck in the last
bit of smoke from the ceiling. Barry was also known for "intercepting"
the rotating joint.
Kirby Grant
2014-09-19 17:11:37 UTC
Post by klattu
Post by klattu
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3791132698001/your-money-your-life/#sp=show-clips
Can you point out one lie or anything he said to be untrue????...
BUT....you have to watch it first, which you undoubtedly didn't do!
O'Bammy is colossal failure and you know it, you just hate admiring
you voted for the pathological liar, (TWICE). He was unqualified to
even run a lemonaid standand and not properly vetted...had the MSM
actually done their job and check into his past, they would have
clearly seen he had a history of lying and deceit.
The MSM is not responsible for vetting presidential candidates. That you
think otherwise shows just how deluded you really are. Vetting is performed
by the party. Democrats do it well, Republicans do it terribly - as evidence
by the last two presidential campaign where the Republican candidates were
basically a hoax or a practical joke that no one could take seriously except
deluded Republicans.
Eddie Haskell
2014-09-19 20:09:29 UTC
Post by Kirby Grant
Post by klattu
Post by klattu
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3791132698001/your-money-your-life/#sp=show-clips
Can you point out one lie or anything he said to be untrue????...
BUT....you have to watch it first, which you undoubtedly didn't do!
O'Bammy is colossal failure and you know it, you just hate admiring
you voted for the pathological liar, (TWICE). He was unqualified to
even run a lemonaid standand and not properly vetted...had the MSM
actually done their job and check into his past, they would have
clearly seen he had a history of lying and deceit.
The MSM is not responsible for vetting presidential candidates.
Oh shut the fuck up, you stupid motherfucker. OF COURSE it's their job to
inform people about the candidates. Not to promote a selected one with
disinformation.

Just the shut the fuck, you insulting piece of shit. The MSM is corrupt and
you know it and you don't give a fuck and it's destroying the country and
you don't give a fuck about that either.

FUCK YOU.
Post by Kirby Grant
That you
think otherwise shows just how deluded you really are. Vetting is performed
by the party. Democrats do it well, Republicans do it terribly - as evidence
by the last two presidential campaign where the Republican candidates were
basically a hoax or a practical joke that no one could take seriously except
deluded Republicans.
Eat shit, motherfucker. You ran an anti-American irresponsible serial lying
racist incompetent who is turning everything he touches into shit right in
front of your face and you know it.

You're not an American. You're a goddamn democrat, so FUCK YOU.

-Eddie Haskell

Eddie Haskell
2014-09-19 20:03:14 UTC
Post by klattu
Post by klattu
http://video.foxnews.com/v/3791132698001/your-money-your-life/#sp=show-clips
Can you point out one lie or anything he said to be untrue????...
BUT....you have to watch it first, which you undoubtedly didn't do!
O'Bammy is colossal failure and you know it, you just hate admiring
you voted for the pathological liar, (TWICE). He was unqualified to
even run a lemonaid standand and not properly vetted...had the MSM
actually done their job and check into his past, they would have
clearly seen he had a history of lying and deceit.
Exactly.
Post by klattu
The book Dreams from My Father is full of lies,
The media's sneakiest dirty trick in the book is bias by omission,
because is is so hard to find, when journalists decide "what the
people don't know won't hurt them," or more precisely, "what the
people don't know won't hurt our candidate."
That is EXACTLY right. I call it disinformation by omission, but democrats
don't care. They like, and want, to be lied to. That's no shit.