John Kerry's NASCAR Envy
starwars
2004-02-17 03:14:54 UTC
Mudville Gazette
http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/000687.html

I'd really like to race into addressing the issues of the
political campaign, but the ex-Vietnam Veteran just made me
stomp the brakes and take notice of his personality problems
again. This time John F. should have really just kept his mouth
shut.
==========
Associated Press

. . .Kerry, who has a commanding lead in the race to oppose Bush
this fall, chided the president for taking time out Sunday to
attend the Daytona 500, saying the country was bleeding jobs
while he posed for a "photo opportunity." Bush had donned a
racing jacket to officially open NASCAR's most prestigious event
in front of some 180,000 fans.

"We don't need a president who just says, `Gentlemen start your
engines,'" Kerry said. "We need a president who says, `America,
let's start our economy and put people back to work.'"
==========
Uh, yea, sure.

And I'm sure the guys that were at the track yesterday (200,000
wildly cheering fans) are now saying, "Hey, wait a minute! He's
right!"

Not.

But no wonder Kerry's going a little berserk. Even in a bizarro
world where he was president this could never happen:
==========
Baltimore Sun

About 200,000 fans roared their approval when Bush arrived and
worked his way along pit road, stopping to chat with pole winner
Greg Biffle, who drives the Army National Guard car.

He patted the shoulder of retired champion driver and noted
Republican Richard Petty. He chatted with Teresa Earnhardt, the
widow of seven-time champion Dale Earnhardt. And he stood at
attention for the national anthem with Washington Redskins coach
Joe Gibbs, who owns a NASCAR racing team.
==========
. . .more details that must have Kerry pulling his hair out:
==========
Washington Post

Bush sought to maximize his exposure to racing fans during his
visit. Air Force One circled low over the speedway so the
president could get a look - and to give racing fans a dramatic
look at a symbol of the presidency.
<...>

With his wife, Laura, trailing him, Bush walked the pit,
mingling with drivers, shaking hands with fans. He peered into
car No. 16, sponsored by the National Guard, and if the car
reminded him of the tempest swirling around his own service in
the Texas Air National Guard, he didn't show it.

Bush referred to that history in an interview with NBC just
before the race.

"I flew fighters when I was in the Guard, and I like speed," he
said. "It would've been fun to drive up on these banks. ... I'd
like to, but I'm afraid the agents wouldn't let me."

The president got a much warmer reception than Bill Clinton did
when he visited a NASCAR race as a candidate in September 1992,
when the question of his lack of Vietnam-era military service
was dogging Clinton.

At the Southern 500 race in Darlington, S.C., Clinton was booed
and heckled by fans, many shouting "draft dodger!" at him.

As Bush strode through pit road, he received rock-star
treatment. An extravaganza unfolded around him.
==========
And several thousand miles away a lot of GI's gathered to watch
in Germany had ear to ear smiles.

. . .We've reached a point where a Party's likely presidential
candidate has actually fulfilled satire. Is that funny or
frightening?

Of course this has no end of satire potential. Issues with
various banners, car advertising, the president arriving in an
SUV, that he wasn't driving himself, Halliburton’s profits from
the fuel used in the cars, just showing up in a NASCAR jacket
and parading around starting the race...

Of course Kerry, who spent most of his many summers in his
ancestral home in France, isn't aware of the popularity of
NASCAR in America.

He's more of a Formula 1 kind of guy.
James Monroe
2004-02-17 09:13:36 UTC
Kerry needs to forget this demographic. The drunken bush is a shoe in
for the drunken, drooling hillbilly vote.

Steven Litvintchouk
2004-02-17 15:58:03 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
He already has.
He said *publicly* that he has written off the South.
Unlike Dean, Kerry has absolutely nothing to say to white Southerners.

Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.

-- Steven L.
MrPepper11
2004-02-17 19:35:54 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
Yeah, guys like Kerry who are married to HUNDREDS of millions are
REALLY jealous of people who drive souped up Chevys.
Bob
2004-02-17 20:39:45 UTC
Post by Steven Litvintchouk
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
He already has.
He said *publicly* that he has written off the South.
Unlike Dean, Kerry has absolutely nothing to say to white Southerners.
Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.
-- Steven L.
Kerry will win florida, the last time I checked it was still in the
south. All fla needs is to have all the people who voted for Nader to
come to their senses, which they will.

All thing remaining equal, I don't see how Bush can win. There are
also a lot of undecideds who are watching to see who Kerry's running
mate will be.
David Moffitt
%%%% You have forgotten------- it is only February!! :o)
Bob
2004-02-19 17:20:34 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
He already has.
He said *publicly* that he has written off the South.
Unlike Dean, Kerry has absolutely nothing to say to white Southerners.
Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.
-- Steven L.
Kerry will win florida, the last time I checked it was still in the
south. All fla needs is to have all the people who voted for Nader to
come to their senses, which they will.
All thing remaining equal, I don't see how Bush can win. There are
also a lot of undecideds who are watching to see who Kerry's running
mate will be.
%%%% You have forgotten------- it is only February!! :o)
I haven't forgotten.

Kerry will win florida.
James Monroe
2004-02-19 20:02:11 UTC
Post by Bob
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
He already has.
He said *publicly* that he has written off the South.
Unlike Dean, Kerry has absolutely nothing to say to white Southerners.
Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.
-- Steven L.
Kerry will win florida, the last time I checked it was still in the
south. All fla needs is to have all the people who voted for Nader to
come to their senses, which they will.
All thing remaining equal, I don't see how Bush can win. There are
also a lot of undecideds who are watching to see who Kerry's running
mate will be.
%%%% You have forgotten------- it is only February!! :o)
I haven't forgotten.
Kerry will win florida.
If they let anyone except republicans vote in Florida this time
around.
David Moffitt
2004-02-19 22:51:52 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Post by Bob
Post by James Monroe
[...]
%%%% They let Democrats vote but they were too stupid to figure out how to
punch a hole in paper!!
Bob
2004-02-20 16:55:35 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Post by Bob
Post by James Monroe
Post by Bob
Post by David Moffitt
Post by Bob
Post by Steven Litvintchouk
Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.
-- Steven L.
Kerry will win florida, the last time I checked it was still in the
south. All fla needs is to have all the people who voted for Nader to
come to their senses, which they will.
All thing remaining equal, I don't see how Bush can win. There are
also a lot of undecideds who are watching to see who Kerry's running
mate will be.
%%%% You have forgotten------- it is only February!! :o)
I haven't forgotten.
Kerry will win florida.
If they let anyone except republicans vote in Florida this time
around.
%%%% They let Democrats vote but they were too stupid to figure out how to
punch a hole in paper!!
That's not funny ... not because I'm offended, it just wasn't very good.

Florida will be blue in 2004.

James Monroe
2004-02-18 03:00:27 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
He already has.
He said *publicly* that he has written off the South.
Unlike Dean, Kerry has absolutely nothing to say to white Southerners.
Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.
-- Steven L.
Kerry will win florida, the last time I checked it was still in the
south. All fla needs is to have all the people who voted for Nader to
come to their senses, which they will.
Don't be so sure....isn't Jeb still in charge down there?
mate will be.
David Moffitt
2004-02-18 04:17:05 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic.
He already has.
He said *publicly* that he has written off the South.
Unlike Dean, Kerry has absolutely nothing to say to white Southerners.
Kerry's only hope is to go after the Hispanic immigrant vote in the
Southwest.
-- Steven L.
Kerry will win florida, the last time I checked it was still in the
south. All fla needs is to have all the people who voted for Nader to
come to their senses, which they will.
Don't be so sure....isn't Jeb still in charge down there?
%%%% I wonder what makes him think a Red state is going to turn blue?? :o)

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence
reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his
chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile
delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also
given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists,
including Al Qaeda members..."
---- Hillary Clinton, Oct 10, 2002
mate will be.
The -.-Frog.
2004-02-17 16:07:15 UTC
Post by James Monroe
Kerry needs to forget this demographic. The drunken bush is a shoe in
for the drunken, drooling hillbilly vote.
This is the reason why the Liberal Democrats have fast been losing in
every venue. They have no respect for others (see above).

Liberalism is Communism one drink at a time. - P.J. O'Rourke
David Moffitt
2004-02-17 22:51:31 UTC
%%%% That attitude is what cost the Democrats the election in 2000!! :o)
Roger

AD
2004-02-17 16:48:48 UTC
Post by starwars
Mudville Gazette
http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/000687.html
Of course Kerry, who spent most of his many summers in his
ancestral home in France, isn't aware of the popularity of
NASCAR in America.
He's more of a Formula 1 kind of guy.
Formula 1..............the ULTIMATE of morotsports..........where the
best drivers compete............followed by more than a billion people
around the world. Nascar...........a wonderful SPECTACLE.........very
entertaining.........has little to do with the acuall SPORT of
autoracing............enjoyed by those will little knowledge of REAL
RACING..........ridiculed by most of the world as a joke..............

Your right, an excellent comparison............. George Bush, a phony
fake, pandering to those who don't know the difference between illusion
and reality. John Kerry..........the REAL DEAL. Yes, we do have a stark
choice here

http://www.johnkerry.com
http://www.awolbush.com

"I am angry that so many of the sons of the most powerful and well
placed
managed to wrangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units"
Colin Powell, commenting on the current occupant of the whitehouse
Mark T. Evert
2004-02-17 20:22:31 UTC
Post by AD
Post by starwars
Of course Kerry, who spent most of his many summers in his
ancestral home in France, isn't aware of the popularity of
NASCAR in America.
He's more of a Formula 1 kind of guy.
Formula 1..............the ULTIMATE of morotsports..........where the
best drivers compete............followed by more than a billion people
around the world. Nascar...........a wonderful SPECTACLE.........very
entertaining.........has little to do with the acuall SPORT of
autoracing............enjoyed by those will little knowledge of REAL
RACING..........ridiculed by most of the world as a joke..............
Your right, an excellent comparison............. George Bush, a phony
fake, pandering to those who don't know the difference between illusion
and reality. John Kerry..........the REAL DEAL. Yes, we do have a stark
choice here
Inadvertently this shows exactly why the Democrats have no hope of winning
the South.......They disdain the South.....and everything it stands
for.....while at the same time coming across as elitist snobs who believe
they know more than everyone else. They hate the South and want to
destroy anything that symbolizes the South.......take the Confederate
Flag......a few years ago it was a benign symbol of southern pride
emblazoned on the side of the Dukes of Hazzard's Dixie Lee with nary a
complaint and suddenly it is an evil symbol of slavery offensive to
all....and it doesn't stop there......the Texas State Flag is probably flown
more often and more proudly than any other state flag.....but there are
those who say it represents evil cause we stole the land from
Mexico......the attack never stops.
AD
2004-02-18 12:52:59 UTC
Post by Mark T. Evert
Post by AD
Post by starwars
[...]
LOL!!!!!!!!! The brave state of TexAS, who murders retarded people who were
defended by drunken public defenders, who's jack booted THUGS kick the door in
and arrest consenting adults having sex, who bust a lady for selling dildo's,
who continue to re-elect a dirtbag like Tom Delay, and oh yeah, who actually
elected the appointed deserter currently squatting in the peoples
house..........THAT TexAS, right???? The Texas values of bigotry, hate and
downright stupidity are not the values of this country. Of course, obviously
being a retarded far right nazi cretin, you think that what Texas stands for is
just fine, right boy? And oh yeah, Texas WAS in fact stolen from
Mexico.........and Davy Crockett surrendered and was shot by a Mexican firing
squad on the spot. Sorry to have to give you some reality there, Bubba, don't
worry, just chug down another 12 pack and it will be aaaaaall better again.

"These are not Racecars. Everyone knows that racecars do not have the same tire
size all the way around"
Jack Roush, 2003, comparing an F1 car to a Winston-woops-Nextel cup car
David Moffitt
2004-02-18 13:12:39 UTC
Post by AD
Post by Mark T. Evert
Post by AD
Post by starwars
[...]
%%%% BURRRRRPPPPPP----- If you don't like Texas I'm sure they would not mind
if you moved. ;o)
%%%% Who gives a shit europeans don't vote in our elections? :o)
Mark T. Evert
2004-02-18 16:40:32 UTC
Post by AD
Post by Mark T. Evert
Post by AD
Post by starwars
[...]
OK....I'll bring out the big guns here. Anyone that thinks racism and
bigotry are primarily a southern problem has blinders on. Sure the South
once had Jim Crow laws segregating people....but believe me...de facto
segregation was alive and well in the North as well.....I grew up in
Philadelphia and personally recall a couple attempts by blacks to move into
one of Philly's Italian neighborhoods in the late 60's.....At a minimum it
usually wasn't long before windows in their house started getting broken.
In some cases security guards had to be hired or police stationed in front.
By comparison I've lived in Houston for 24 years and overall I have found a
high level of willingness and acceptance between the races. Perhaps the
best indicator is that the largest (by percentage) group migrating to the
south these days are blacks......the following is from the Sept 98 issue of
Ebony magazine.....Similar articles can be found elsewhere.

" But now--after living up North for more than 30 years--the Irbys have
returned to Greenville to spend their golden years. The retirees are among
the growing wave of African-Americans who once migrated to cities like New
York, Chicago, Detroit and Philadelphia, but are now making cities like
Charlotte, Little Rock, Birmingham and Montgomery their new destinations of
choice.
Nearly 90 years after the first wave of "The Great Migration" to the Ninth
began to change the color and temperature of America, Blacks are moving
South in what has been called "The New Great Migration South." Where there
once was massive South-to-North movement by African-Americans, more Blacks
are now moving South than are moving North. During the first halt' of the
'90s, the South gained 386,000 Black migrants from the North, which in turn
gained only 233,000 from the South. Atlanta alone is experiencing an influx
of more than 100,000 new Blacks annually from all parts of the country,
prompting some to dub it file "Harlem of the '90s."

In 1900, virtually all Blacks (95 percent) lived in the South. By 1970, the
number of Blacks living in the South had dropped to 50 percent. But now,
according to U.S. Census figures, the percentage of Blacks who call the
South home has risen to 54 percent, and population experts predict a
continued increase. While most southbound Blacks are choosing to live in
large metropolitan cities, one out of every five is settling in rural areas.

Blacks from the South are returning home to reclaim their communities,
reconnect with family and to escape drugs and gangs prevalent in the North.
And those moving to the South for the first time have discovered that the
region once buried in repressive, racist and segregationist practices is
moving toward a rebirth, emerging as a welcoming place with a more
integrated work, political and racial climate. And although there is much
work to do in the area of race relations, most new migrates to the South
express hope that the region will continue to progress.

Today, the South has more Black elected officials than any region in the
country, including a record 17 Blacks elected to the U.S. Congress. And
Fortune 500 companies are relocating to the South at a record pace, bringing
with them high-paying professional jobs. The result: There is a highly
visible Black middle class buying new homes, starting businesses and moving
up the corporate ladder.

Leslie Harriell was in search of a different lifestyle when she and her
teenage son, Aaron, moved from Washington, D.C., to Fort Valley, Ga. For the
college administrator, it was a smart career (and family) move. "It could
not have been a better move for me and my son. It has been great for my
career," says Harriell, who is director of university relations at Fort
Valley State University. "For my son, it has been great getting him out of
the school system in the [D.C.] area. I knew it was time to leave when I
bought him a leather coat in sixth grade and the teacher told him not to
wear it to school because he might get shot by someone who wanted it."

Harriell says that although her dating life has suffered, she loves the
South. "I was expecting prejudices and so forth, but it wasn't like that,"
she says. "People live together, work together, and get along with each
other much better here than in the North."

End of article...

The problem with the Democrats is that while they talk good about the
future....they can't recognize that the past is history. Fortunately
others have figured that out.
David Moffitt
2004-02-17 22:56:23 UTC
Post by AD
Post by starwars
Mudville Gazette
http://www.mudvillegazette.com/archives/000687.html
Of course Kerry, who spent most of his many summers in his
ancestral home in France, isn't aware of the popularity of
NASCAR in America.
He's more of a Formula 1 kind of guy.
Formula 1..............the ULTIMATE of morotsports..........where the
best drivers compete............followed by more than a billion people
around the world. Nascar...........a wonderful SPECTACLE.........very
entertaining.........has little to do with the acuall SPORT of
autoracing............enjoyed by those will little knowledge of REAL
RACING..........ridiculed by most of the world as a joke..............
%%%% Another reason why the Libs lost in 2000. America is NASCAR country.
Europeans do not elect our President.

James
2004-02-17 16:57:00 UTC
Post by starwars
[...]
Kerry doesn't think the fans vote anyway. Those dirty confederate flag,
truck driving, red necks aren't worthy.
"Khe Sanh" Kerry
2004-02-17 23:02:42 UTC
Post by starwars
[...]
I wonder what Kerry will do next to prove he has the machismo to be
President since parts of his campaign looks like a scene from Home
Improvement.

-
Political experts are saying the reason John Kerry is
doing so well is because he’s 'electable.' Hey, so was
Al Gore, in fact, he even got elected and it didn't
help him at all.