Canadian health care hardly a Marxism threat [to Americans]
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-25 17:31:34 UTC
The lies on the right are getting harder and harder to maintain... Americans
are beginning to see through the corporate agenda:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Canadian+health+care+hardly+Marxism+threat/1823845/story.html
MagneticEnergy
2009-07-25 17:34:29 UTC
OK, tell me one lie that the right has given us relating to health
care.
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-25 17:54:35 UTC
Post by MagneticEnergy
OK, tell me one lie that the right has given us relating to health
care.
The biggest lie is that Canada's single-payer universal healthcare is
inferior. The right bases its criticism on exceptions while ignoring honest
apples-to-apples statistical metrics. For example (cue fear response) "you
will die on a wait list." The right ignores the 18,000 Americans who die
every year because of NO INSURANCE (only people with money count when it
comes to comparative metrics). When population is compared against
population, versus insured against insured, far fewer people die from lack
of access in Canada.
.
2009-07-25 18:14:47 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
OK, tell me one lie that the right has given us relating to health
care.
The biggest lie is that Canada's single-payer universal healthcare is
inferior. The right bases its criticism on exceptions while ignoring honest
apples-to-apples statistical metrics. For example (cue fear response) "you
will die on a wait list." The right ignores the 18,000 Americans who die
every year because of NO INSURANCE (only people with money count when it
comes to comparative metrics). When population is compared against
population, versus insured against insured, far fewer people die from lack
of access in Canada.
I'm from Toroto. I recall in the early 1990's and late 1980's why we added
pictures to our OHIP cards.

It was abuse by those in the US. 20 years-ago I could march into a Buffalo
NY cancer ward and sell my OHIP card. The purchaser would then go up to St.
Mikes or Sunnybrook in Toronto and get $300,000 worth of Chemo and Radio
therapy, under my name. "the worlds best credit card"

I didn't do it, but I just told you why they made changes.
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-25 18:42:19 UTC
Post by .
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
[...]
I recall an American who was injured badly in a head-on collision while
driving in BC. He was taken to hospital, promptly treated for multiple
fractures and then put into an ICU to begin recovery. I was visiting a
friend who was in the ICU at the same time and overheard his story... along
comes a beancounter to talk to the man about payment because he was
uninsured. She said it would cost him $200/day while he was in the hospital,
regardless of whether he was in the ICU or a regular bed. The guy almost
shat himself with relief.
.
2009-07-25 18:49:34 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by .
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
[...]
I live in an area that has the best health care next to anything.

I've got Sunnybrook and Womans to the north by 10 minutes, and Hospital Row on
University Ave to the south. Mt. Siani, Princess Margaret Hospital, Western
and Toronto General. St. Michaels is not far away.

It's unbeatable.

And my GP? He's almost family. His office is a walk away, across the road
from the Timothy Eaton Church, on St. Clair.
Mr. Fusspot
My cousin is a GP in Calgary, she has no complaints with the system.
Sanity
2009-07-25 21:03:58 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by .
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
[...]
..........you left out; " the actual cost is $1000.00 a day but due to the
generosity of Canadians you will only be charged $200.00 a day and the fella
next door just died waiting for cancer surgery so you can move to his room
tomorrow...it has a nicer view"....
=============
2009-07-27 05:01:47 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
[...]
shat himself with relief.- Hide quoted text -
When I was in Calgary I needed a minor in-office surgery. Doctor
warned me since I didn't have AHP I'd have to pay cash. It cost me a
whole $40. Canadian money, too.

softsofa
2009-07-25 18:55:35 UTC
Post by .
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
[...]
So a $10,000 plastic surgery here gets me $300,000 of treatment in
Canada? Sign "I" up!

[]softsofa[]
same story in Alberta now.
Robert Sveinson
2009-07-25 22:30:55 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by MagneticEnergy
OK, tell me one lie that the right has given us relating to health
care.
The biggest lie is that Canada's single-payer universal healthcare is
inferior. The right bases its criticism on exceptions while ignoring
honest apples-to-apples statistical metrics. For example (cue fear
response) "you will die on a wait list." The right ignores the 18,000
Americans who die every year because of NO INSURANCE (only people with
money count when it comes to comparative metrics). When population is
compared against population, versus insured against insured, far fewer
people die from lack of access in Canada.
And then there are the ones who figure that their HANGNAIL deserves
instant care ahead of ANY ailments of other people.
And yes!! I bet if they were in ameriKKKa their HANGNAIL
would take precedence because they are (somebody)
and have the money to jump a queue.
Milt
2009-07-25 18:01:10 UTC
Post by MagneticEnergy
OK, tell me one lie that the right has given us relating to health
care.
One?

How about these? According to the right wing:

Health care isn't a right.

We have the best health care system in the world, despite the fact
that we are 37th in the world in key health statistics, and there are
pockets in this country that have non-violent mortality rates that are
in line with the third world.

The government can't run health insurance. (Medicare is the best-run
part of the health care system, with the best outcomes. The only
demographic that compares with Europe as far as health statistics go
is the over-65 group. Think that's coincidence?)

Democrats are proposing socialized medicine. (Must be why so many
liberals are complaining that the bill doesn't include single payer.
They're not even proposing socializing the insurance system.)

All of the single-payer countries force people to wait in line for
shitty health care. (Once again; we are 37th in the world.)

People from other countries flock to the United States for health
care. (Rich people flock to the United States because they can. We
have some of the best doctors and medical facilities in the world, but
we're 37th in the world...)

Private companies run things better than government. (I don't see
private companies bailing out the government, do you?)

People in single payer countries hate their health care systems. (Not
one country that has adopted such a plan has voted to drop it.
Canadians were recently polled. 72% love it; 85% would NEVER want to
switch to a United States-style system, for example...)

That's more than one, I think...

I'll be putting up a lot more on my blog Monday... feel free to
visit...

http://www.pleasecutthecrap.com
Steve
<ROTFL> Nobody "visits" Shook's blog but Shook.....
.
2009-07-25 18:39:03 UTC
Post by Steve
<ROTFL> Nobody "visits" Shook's blog but Shook.....
But if a right wing blooger says that Canadians are dieing in the streets and
our physicians are government owned, you accept it as the Gospel?

One thing that I've got over you, my boy. I will live 3 years longer.

But you assholes probably think that we Canucks are like South Park, with our
wee, beedy eyes and our flapping heads! :)
Steve
2009-07-25 18:57:23 UTC
Post by .
Post by Steve
<ROTFL> Nobody "visits" Shook's blog but Shook.....
But if a right wing blooger says that Canadians are dieing in the streets and
our physicians are government owned, you accept it as the Gospel?
I don't read any blogs...
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy. I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance... Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
Whatever you are, I'm so very glad that I'm not one of you...
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-25 19:07:06 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by .
Post by Steve
<ROTFL> Nobody "visits" Shook's blog but Shook.....
But if a right wing blooger says that Canadians are dieing in the streets and
our physicians are government owned, you accept it as the Gospel?
I don't read any blogs...
No, probably just a steady diet of Newsmax and WorldNutDaily.
Post by Steve
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy. I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance... Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
I've heard this one about a thousand times... if we didn't have to count the
bad Americans our statistics would look so good... hyuk-hyuk-hyuk! Never
mind that US drug policy is driven by conservatives... policy that drives
crime rather than eradicates it.
Likewise, I'm sure.
Paul Ward
2009-07-25 19:17:48 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
I've heard this one about a thousand times... if we didn't have to count the
bad Americans our statistics would look so good... hyuk-hyuk-hyuk! Never
mind that US drug policy is driven by conservatives... policy that drives
crime rather than eradicates it.
Well, take away the fact that shit loads of Yanks get murdered by firearms
every year, and they would be just like Candians!
Paul Ward
2009-07-25 19:23:10 UTC
Post by Paul Ward
Post by Chom Noamsky
I've heard this one about a thousand times... if we didn't have to count the
bad Americans our statistics would look so good... hyuk-hyuk-hyuk! Never
mind that US drug policy is driven by conservatives... policy that drives
crime rather than eradicates it.
Well, take away the fact that shit loads of Yanks get murdered by firearms
every year, and they would be just like Candians!
Or, take away the fact that hundreds of football players in the USA die every
year, and if they played hockey and just got into an honest fight on the ice,
lives would be saved!

Americans saying that it's all cultural isn't the problem.

Black Americans are Americans too. So it's stupid to duck out by saying "if
we didn't have blacks, we would be as good as Canada"

It's their society. Deal with it.

Pointing fingers is for assholes.
Milt
2009-07-25 20:10:18 UTC
Post by Paul Ward
Post by Chom Noamsky
I've heard this one about a thousand times... if we didn't have to count the
bad Americans our statistics would look so good... hyuk-hyuk-hyuk!  Never
mind that US drug policy is driven by conservatives... policy that drives
crime rather than eradicates it.
Well, take away the fact that shit loads of Yanks get murdered by firearms
every year, and they would be just like Candians!
Life expectancy statistics related to health care never include death
by violent crime.
stan
2009-07-25 19:53:27 UTC
On Jul 25, 5:07 pm, "Chom Noamsky" <***@bbq.yum> wrote:
Since there are so many references and discussions about the USA in
this forum and this thread refers to the current discussion about
universal health care there, Ill take the bait and pitch in. From a
Canadian perspective.

1) If I was at the scene of an accident, here in Canada, and had to
drive or accompany an injured person to the nearest hospital etc.
(This would perhaps be somewhere, say, well out of town) there would
no question of who the person was and whether they had insurance or
not. The only reason their name etc. would be taken would to advise
nearest relatives and tie in police investigation of what happened. In
all other respects the person would be treated the same.
Later if committed to ongoing hospital care, it might be the person
might have some private insurance that might cover a private room if
one was available and/or not needed for isolation of other patients.
Otherwise no difference in treatment.

2) Personal experience as a male in mid 70s, living for the last 50+
years in one of the Can. provinces that has had some difficulties and
delays has found that when something is medically urgent one is
attended to generally in reasonable time period. More routine tests
etc. have sometimes taken a long time to schedule. Making routine non-
urgent appointments with our local medical practice is completely
satisfactory and when 'my' doctor' is not available or away there is a
replacement.
Also the cancer treatment my wife received, was completely
satisfactory and successful.

3) the sytem is not perfect but it works well; there are opportunities
to hold politicians and the medical care organization to account. The
lack of multiple systems (except some differences between provinces)
means lower administration costs than the myriad of US 'Medical
Insurance' schemes.

4) It is possible to buy or have through say an employer, additional
medical insurance that could for example transport myself, perhaps an
attendant and my auto vehicle back to my Canadian province of
residence from outside Canada, whereupon the universal health care
system here would take over. I certainly don't mind paying my Canadian
taxes for the universal coverage!
Milt
2009-07-25 20:09:34 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy.   I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance...  Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
This is absolute nonsense. The life expectancy figure that is commonly
quoted, such as the one by the WHO, is a NON-VIOLENT life expectancy.
It doesn't include those who die from violent crime, because that
would make no sense in a health care context.
Post by Chom Noamsky
I've heard this one about a thousand times... if we didn't have to count the
bad Americans our statistics would look so good... hyuk-hyuk-hyuk!  Never
mind that US drug policy is driven by conservatives... policy that drives
crime rather than eradicates it.
Absolutely true. Here's an idea the wingnuts hate; legalize most drugs
and prostitution, and in a day, you'll pretty much cut the crime rate
in half, and create several new industries in the process.
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by .
But you assholes probably think that we Canucks are like South Park, with our
wee, beedy eyes and our flapping heads!  :)
Whatever you are, I'm so very glad that I'm not one of you...
Likewise, I'm sure.
He's a Stalker. He's been stalking me for years. He claims to know all
kinds of shit about my private life, at the same time he admits he's
just trying to get a rise out of me.

Why would anyone want to be like that?
Steve
2009-07-25 21:22:16 UTC
Post by Milt
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy.   I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance...  Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
This is absolute nonsense.
More unsupported crap from Shook.....
Post by Milt
The life expectancy figure that is commonly
quoted, such as the one by the WHO, is a NON-VIOLENT life expectancy.
Total bullshit.. the figure includes death by all reasons....
Post by Milt
It doesn't include those who die from violent crime,
Yes it does...
Post by Milt
because that
would make no sense in a health care context.
Exactly.. and that's why it shouldn't be used in a health care
context.
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by .
But you assholes probably think that we Canucks are like South Park, with our
wee, beedy eyes and our flapping heads!  :)
Whatever you are, I'm so very glad that I'm not one of you...
Likewise, I'm sure.
He's a Stalker. He's been stalking me for years. He claims to know all
kinds of shit about my private life, at the same time he admits he's
just trying to get a rise out of me.
Poor Shook is homeless after already cashing in his deferred
retirement account and now his credit cards are pretty much maxed at
too....
Post by Milt
Why would anyone want to be like that?
Well Shook is like that because he's an irresponsible loser...

"The theories of gravity vary, but a widely quoted one is the one that
relates it to the earth's spinning motion. As the theory goes, if the
earth stopped spinning, presumably everything would go floating off
into space."
--Milt Shook Jul 22, 2009
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/95c90721b77120c9?hl=en
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-25 20:45:12 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by Steve
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy. I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance... Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
--
If the universe was really based on intelligent design, stupidity would
cause sterility.
cause sterility.
Paul Ward
2009-07-25 21:02:02 UTC
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
I hate Canadian healh care, beause stats show that i will out live my
American cousins, and I will miss them!
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-25 21:23:12 UTC
Post by Paul Ward
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
I hate Canadian healh care, beause stats show that i will out live my
American cousins, and I will miss them!
Now, now. It's not nice to mock the disadvantaged.

Not even when they cripple themselves.
cause sterility.
Paul Ward
2009-07-25 21:24:09 UTC
Post by Paul Ward
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
I hate Canadian healh care, beause stats show that i will out live my
American cousins, and I will miss them!
Now, now. It's not nice to mock the disadvantaged.
Not even when they cripple themselves.
--
?If the universe was really based on intelligent design, stupidity would
cause sterility.
Hey! I turned on the televison and the Edmonton Eskimos are up agaist the
Regina team!

I must be in Canada!
Paul Ward
2009-07-25 21:28:23 UTC
Post by Paul Ward
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
I hate Canadian healh care, beause stats show that i will out live my
American cousins, and I will miss them!
Now, now. It's not nice to mock the disadvantaged.
Not even when they cripple themselves.
--
?If the universe was really based on intelligent design, stupidity would
cause sterility.
Hey! I turned on the televison and the Edmonton Eskimos are up agaist the
Regina team!
I must be in Canada!
Sorry. I was a linebacker in High School football, and I always kid my
American boss from South Carolina by saying "Why do you need 4 tries to make
10 yards, when all we ever needed was Three?"
Steve
2009-07-25 21:22:16 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:45:12 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
Zepp is pretty bitter these days... First his wife kicked him out,
then his business failed, and soon the coronary will kick in since
he's morbidly obese and he has no health insurance... which means
he'll be treated by an intern when he arrives at the ER.
Chom Noamsky
So what you're saying is all you have are ad-hominem attacks.
Steve
2009-07-26 01:23:10 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:45:12 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
Zepp is pretty bitter these days... First his wife kicked him out,
then his business failed, and soon the coronary will kick in since
he's morbidly obese and he has no health insurance... which means
he'll be treated by an intern when he arrives at the ER.
So what you're saying is all you have are ad-hominem attacks.
Actually, I don't have much of anything to say to David Jamieson until
he explains why he's ashamed to use his real name.
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 01:40:09 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:45:12 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
Zepp is pretty bitter these days... First his wife kicked him out,
then his business failed, and soon the coronary will kick in since
he's morbidly obese and he has no health insurance... which means
he'll be treated by an intern when he arrives at the ER.
So what you're saying is all you have are ad-hominem attacks.
Actually, I don't have much of anything to say to David Jamieson until
he explains why he's ashamed to use his real name.
What drives your obsession with this fellow? Seems he got your goat once
too many times, and it's driving you crazy.
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 15:45:12 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Take away the American south, and America would be the best country in
the world.
Zepp is pretty bitter these days... First his wife kicked him out,
then his business failed, and soon the coronary will kick in since
he's morbidly obese and he has no health insurance... which means
he'll be treated by an intern when he arrives at the ER.
So what you're saying is all you have are ad-hominem attacks.
Actually, I don't have much of anything to say to David Jamieson until
he explains why he's ashamed to use his real name.
What drives your obsession with this fellow? Seems he got your goat once
too many times, and it's driving you crazy.
I don't like liars.. especially those that hate America and
especially those that have spent their entire lives living
irresponsibly and expecting the rest of us to cover for them.
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 14:58:18 UTC
Post by Steve
I don't like liars.. especially those that hate America and
especially those that have spent their entire lives living
irresponsibly and expecting the rest of us to cover for them.
In other words you have nothing to add to the conversation but ad-hominem
attack. I'm sure there is a Usenet group dedicated to virtuous,
self-righteous people somehwhere. Go find it and I bet you'll be like Jesus
there.
Steve
2009-07-26 16:00:33 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
I don't like liars.. especially those that hate America and
especially those that have spent their entire lives living
irresponsibly and expecting the rest of us to cover for them.
In other words you have nothing to add to the conversation but ad-hominem
attack.
Like all lefterloons, you seem to have an aversion to people being
responsible for their past....
Post by Chom Noamsky
I'm sure there is a Usenet group dedicated to virtuous,
self-righteous people somehwhere. Go find it and I bet you'll be like Jesus
there.
Sorry, but really enjoy making sure everyone knows how ignorant,
dishonest, and irresponsible the far left loonies are.
Steve
2009-07-25 21:22:16 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by Steve
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy. I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance... Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
I've heard this one about a thousand times...
Hey, if you're happy with socialized medicine, I'm happy for you..
after all, some people do need a mommy all their lives..

if we didn't have to count the
Post by Chom Noamsky
bad Americans our statistics would look so good... hyuk-hyuk-hyuk! Never
mind that US drug policy is driven by conservatives... policy that drives
crime rather than eradicates it.
<snicker> Blah, blah, blah you're ignorance based all the way...
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Post by .
But you assholes probably think that we Canucks are like South Park, with our
wee, beedy eyes and our flapping heads! :)
Whatever you are, I'm so very glad that I'm not one of you...
Likewise, I'm sure.
Indeed..... I wish all your old Canukers would stay home all
winter instead of coming down here to Florida and filling up all our
doctor's offices....
Archie
2009-07-25 19:47:19 UTC
Post by .
One thing that I've got over you, my boy.   I will live 3 years longer.
Not a chance...  Take away the gang killings and the other problems
associated with drugs and gangs, and a U.S citizen would have the best
life expectancy in the world.
Take away? That is just one more in a long list of idiotic srew ups
caused by the sick religion of American ideology. First - let's create
massive ghettos of people deprived of the basics to survive. Second -
let's flood these ghettos with guns. And last but not least - let's
make medicare a system where predators can prey on the sick who don't
have any medical coverage. And voila - whatcha got? America.

And the fools say ' Well thank god we're not socialist'.

Not all Americans are idiots but...

Only if... blash blah blah and America WOULD HAVE -
Jesus you're stunned.

Glad you are not us?
That feeling is mutual Bubba.
Steve
2009-07-25 21:22:16 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 12:47:19 -0700 (PDT), Archie
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
Socialism really appeals to the losers, especially the part about "to
each according to need." Unfortunately for them, the part about "from
each according to ability" keeps anyone with any ability from joining
them....
Archie
2009-07-25 23:19:58 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
And there we have it. The reason why you morons are going bankrupt
from getting sick.
Steve
2009-07-26 01:23:10 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
I'm neither bankrupt or getting sick. You're probably talking about
the lefterloons on here. A good share of them are bankrupt and sick.
Chom Noamsky
Oh, I get it, you're just a troll.
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 02:16:41 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
Back in the day, he could keep a newbie going for weeks.

But it's so obvious that nobody pays him any mind any more that it's
pretty much impossible to miss after a few days.
cause sterility.
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 21:16:41 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
Back in the day Zepp threatened to sue me for highlighting his
ignorance.... (as have several others) when I laughed in his face,
he decided his only option was to run away from me.

"Just like "Steve Canyon" did a couple of years ago when I called him
on his fantasy that he was a millionaire with yachts and apartment
complexes and who was an Indian married to a black woman and all these
other strange things. I even stumbled across his real identity, and
while I've never discussed it publically, you did mention it to him,
and he went berserk, remember?"
--David B.(Zepp) Jamieson 31 Mar 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.usa.republican/msg/fe9c048c552ef851?hl=en&

"I've got the word back on you from
Zepp. Your real name is Henry Selvitella"
Alric Knoodles Sep 24 2004
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.bush/msg/1d12e417d7c6f999?hl=en&

"Parker is Steve Canyon, of course"
--David B.(Zepp) Jamieson Aug 7 2005
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/d12282dc011005ea?hl=en&

"Several of us know who he is these days, you see. "
David B. Jamieson (Zepp)
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/0977448acdf3c416?hl=en

Canyon Note: Sooooo, who am I, these days, Dummy?
Chom Noamsky
The gnat has such a destructive personality... I can see why.
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 16:09:35 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Back in the day, he could keep a newbie going for weeks.
But it's so obvious that nobody pays him any mind any more that it's
pretty much impossible to miss after a few days.
The gnat has such a destructive personality... I can see why.
I don't think he's entirely in control of himself. He's been like this
for at least 12 years.
cause sterility.
Steve
<LOL> I haven't even been posting to Usenet for twelve years....
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
I'd bet big money that you're never going to get much of anything
worthwhile.
Archie
2009-07-26 15:57:33 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
"Big money"????? LOL Are you trying to tell us something here Bubba?
You trying to impress us with having lots and lots of money and lots
and lots of toys?

OOHHH - we are so very impressed way down here in proletariatland. Can
I get an autograph? Maybe?
Archie
2009-07-26 00:40:34 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
I can go to a doctor in this country and have something checked out if
I'm worried about it. No problem. I can be devestated with a crippling
illness or injury but I don't have to worry about losing my house and
my savings. I don't have to prove anything at all about pre existing
conditions because in Canada, profit doesn't enter into it. It is
socialism - we got it and you don't.

You better hope you don't get the jaundice eye from the HMOs and you
better hope that you and yours remain healthy. Otherwise, you are a
stat - one of the 60% of bankruptcies in the USA related to health
care.

Your system is cruel and barbaric. Good luck. You need it.
Steve
2009-07-26 01:23:10 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by .
[...]
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
Post by Archie
my savings. I don't have to prove anything at all about pre existing
conditions because in Canada, profit doesn't enter into it. It is
socialism - we got it and you don't.
Thank goodness....
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 02:14:25 UTC
Post by Steve
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
Idiot, that's the way it works with every health insurance scheme, public or
private. Individual financial resources are collectivized to cover
catastophic expenses that an individual couldn't otherwise afford to pay.
Insurance *is* socialism.
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
Idiot, that's the way it works with every health insurance scheme, public or
private.
Bullshit... You buy insurance to cover your risk. You generally
pay in proportion to your risk, at least that how it should work....
however you lefterloons always insist that people with low risk should
also pay for people with high risk...

Post by Chom Noamsky
catastophic expenses that an individual couldn't otherwise afford to pay.
Insurance *is* socialism.
<ROTFL> Another lefterloon socialist that doesn't even know what
socialism is...

Here's a clue:

With insurance you neither pay in according to your ability nor do you
necessarily receive benefits according to your needs... You pay in
according to what coverage you want and you receive benefits according
to what coverage you bought.
Archie
2009-07-26 15:52:34 UTC
Bullshit...   You buy insurance to cover your risk.   You generally
pay in proportion to your risk, at least that how it should work....
however you lefterloons always insist that people with low risk should
also pay for people with high risk...
That's the problem with a profit based system. If you are well off,
you can buy the best insurance coverage possible. If you have a modest
income, you are under pressure if you want to buy expensive insurance
for you and your family. In Canada, it is even across the board.

That must really stick in the craw of elitist selfish pigs like
yourself.
With insurance you neither pay in according to your ability nor do you
necessarily receive benefits according to your needs...   You pay in
according to what coverage you want and you receive benefits according
to what coverage you bought.
"Bought" being the operative word here.
The problem is, with your system, thousands of people die each year
because your system is profit based. The wealthy are granted the right
to survive and the poor must suffer and die.

As a socialist, I aim to ensure that every vital need, food, shelter,
and medical care is not for money. That everybody is entitled to these
necessities without exception - even if they are lazy and don't want
to work. Nothing like that matters.

You pigs enjoy penalizing the poor - you want wage slaves; people that
are compelled to work in order to survive.

You and people like you are the lowest level of scum on this planet.
Long as you get yours, everybody else can suffer in hell.
Steve
2009-07-26 16:12:47 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 08:52:34 -0700 (PDT), Archie
Post by Archie
Bullshit...   You buy insurance to cover your risk.   You generally
pay in proportion to your risk, at least that how it should work....
however you lefterloons always insist that people with low risk should
also pay for people with high risk...
That's the problem with a profit based system. If you are well off,
you can buy the best insurance coverage possible. If you have a modest
income, you are under pressure if you want to buy expensive insurance
for you and your family. In Canada, it is even across the board.
If it's so good, how come there are all those Canadian licence plates
parked in front of the doctor's offices and hospitals here in Florida
all winter long?
Post by Archie
That must really stick in the craw of elitist selfish pigs like
yourself.
Why would anything you Canadian fools do be of any concern to me?
Post by Archie
With insurance you neither pay in according to your ability nor do you
necessarily receive benefits according to your needs...   You pay in
according to what coverage you want and you receive benefits according
to what coverage you bought.
"Bought" being the operative word here.
The problem is, with your system, thousands of people die each year
because your system is profit based. The wealthy are granted the right
to survive and the poor must suffer and die.
As a socialist, I aim to ensure that every vital need, food, shelter,
and medical care is not for money. That everybody is entitled to these
necessities without exception - even if they are lazy and don't want
to work. Nothing like that matters.
<snort> Too bad for you that the successful people, who are the only
ones that have anything of value, never join in your little socialist
circle-jerks
Post by Archie
You pigs enjoy penalizing the poor - you want wage slaves; people that
are compelled to work in order to survive.
Yep, work or starve.... or maybe dive in the dumpsters as befits your
ilk....
Post by Archie
You and people like you are the lowest level of scum on this planet.
Long as you get yours, everybody else can suffer in hell.
Yes-sir... BTW one of my favorite guilty pleasures is to grab a
roast beef sandwich, which is the only fast food I'll ever buy, and
eat it while sitting at a stop sign next to a bum with his little "God
bless, please help" sign looking on.
Archie
2009-07-26 18:04:21 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
That's the problem with a profit based system. If you are well off,
you can buy the best insurance coverage possible. If you have a modest
income, you are under pressure if you want to buy expensive insurance
for you and your family. In Canada, it is even across the board.
If it's so good, how come there are all those Canadian licence plates
parked in front of the doctor's offices and hospitals here in Florida
all winter long?
They, old people, escape the winter - idiot.
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
That must really stick in the craw of elitist selfish pigs like
yourself.
Why would anything you Canadian fools do be of any concern to me?
I don't know. You tell me.
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
[...]
The only ones that have any value - yep. You hit the nail on the head.
Assholes like you believe that those that produce, workers, are of no
value and the parasites that live off their labour are valuable.
Upside down inside out thinking. And that people that can't work are
of no value at all.
Here in Canada, we value everybody.
Post by Archie
You and people like you are the lowest level of scum on this planet.
Long as you get yours, everybody else can suffer in hell.
Yes-sir...    BTW one of my favorite guilty pleasures is to grab a
roast beef sandwich, which is the only fast food I'll ever buy, and
eat it while sitting at a stop sign next to a bum with his little "God
bless, please help" sign looking on.
Okay - you've gone too far. You ARE a troll. You may be the psychopath
you pretend to be but not even psychopaths are open about their
sickness - as you apparently are.
Steve
2009-07-26 18:54:28 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:04:21 -0700 (PDT), Archie
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
That's the problem with a profit based system. If you are well off,
you can buy the best insurance coverage possible. If you have a modest
income, you are under pressure if you want to buy expensive insurance
for you and your family. In Canada, it is even across the board.
If it's so good, how come there are all those Canadian licence plates
parked in front of the doctor's offices and hospitals here in Florida
all winter long?
They, old people, escape the winter - idiot.
Yep, and the first thing they do when they get here is to head for our
medical facilities... but that's OK because we make 'em pay.'
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
That must really stick in the craw of elitist selfish pigs like
yourself.
Why would anything you Canadian fools do be of any concern to me?
I don't know. You tell me.
<LOL> You're the guy talking about our health care system, not the
other way around...
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
[...]
Errrr, don't they teach Canadians to read.. I said... "the only
Post by Archie
Assholes like you believe that those that produce, workers, are of no
value and the parasites that live off their labour are valuable.
Actually, we capitalists will gladly pay you workers as long as you
show up and don't screw the pooch too much.
Post by Archie
Upside down inside out thinking. And that people that can't work are
of no value at all.
Actually, that only applies to people who can and don't work. OTOH, I
spend a great deal of time helping people who truly can't work.
Post by Archie
You and people like you are the lowest level of scum on this planet.
Long as you get yours, everybody else can suffer in hell.
Yes-sir...    BTW one of my favorite guilty pleasures is to grab a
roast beef sandwich, which is the only fast food I'll ever buy, and
eat it while sitting at a stop sign next to a bum with his little "God
bless, please help" sign looking on.
Okay - you've gone too far. You ARE a troll. You may be the psychopath
you pretend to be but not even psychopaths are open about their
sickness - as you apparently are.
I just did it last Thursday.. but I was eating a nice Subway sandwich
that time.

Sometimes they'll walk close by my open window and stand there.... so
first I'll take a big bite and with my mouth full, I'll say something
like, "what's your problem, man, can't find a dumpster today?"

I've been doing a lot of bike riding lately since I finally got a bike
I can use with one good leg. I do some riding along the Pinellis bike
trail which is an old railroad bed. The trail runs through Clearwater
at a place where a bunch of bums collect. I think some dumb asses
show up there to give them food. If I had a business there I'd
complain about how that attracts them like flies and who the heck
wants a bunch of bums hanging around....
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 16:31:26 UTC
[...]

Market-based for-profit medicine is a drain on the economy because it
doesn't produce any primary wealth. Sick people drain the economy, healthy
people contribute. Therefore, it's in the best interests of society to get
sick people productive as quickly as possible for as cheap as possible.

Watching how Americans do it just proves that applying market principles to
medicine only makes the economy "sicker".
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 16:37:12 UTC
[...]
You're feeding the troll, guy.

He's pulling the Montogomery Burns routine to piss you off, which is his
entertainment.

Don't let him do it.
cause sterility.
Steve
2009-07-26 17:01:17 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:37:12 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
[...]
<LOL> My gawd, here's old David B Jamieson (Zepp) following me
around like a sick puppy...

I figure it's time to start considering legal action
against this little stalker.
--David B.(Zepp) Jamieson 2 Mar 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.democrats.d/msg/b503459d6b2db5b2?hl=en&
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 17:22:19 UTC
[...]
I was responding to Archie, and I've already put "Steve" in my mental
killfile.
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 17:41:11 UTC
Post by Archie
[...]
A wise move. You have doubtlessly increased your quality and quantity of
life by doing so. <g>
--
If the universe was really based on intelligent design, stupidity would
cause sterility.
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 16:45:42 UTC
[...]
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and he
likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.

I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from many
seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
cause sterility.
Steve
2009-07-26 17:01:17 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:45:42 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
[...]
<LOL> David B Jamieson (Zepp) can't even figure my name, let alone
how much money I might have....

After correcting his MW/GW mistake, Zepp reiterated that there would be
a solar farm equal to California's avg usage.

"Correct, it is gigawatts, or 30,000 megawatts. And with no major
heatwave going on right now, 35GW is about the norm.
Not 60. So, my original point was about that proposed solar power
farm producing as much as California stands".
--Zepp Jamieson
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/88177312a29e60d1?hl=en

...and then he specifically said that there was going to be a 40GW
solar farm somewhere in the Midwest.

"but in fact the 40GW complex being discussed is in the
Midwest and spread over several states. "
--Zepp Jamieson
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/74917e1bdd6b9055?hl=en

I speculate that the acreage required, according to the 80mw complex,
would be about 500 square miles. I asked Zepp about that and he, of
course, is ducking and running.
Chom Noamsky
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 17:38:44 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and
he likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.
I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from
many seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
I did, long ago. But if you're just going to engage him, that makes you
less interesting to read.
cause sterility.
Steve
2009-07-26 17:52:45 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 12:38:44 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and
he likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.
I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from
many seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
I did, long ago. But if you're just going to engage him, that makes you
less interesting to read.
Zepp sure expends an awful lot of energy "ignoring" me...

"a couple of users have made it clear that they've made
it their business to stalk him just as he's stalked us."
--David (Zepp) Jamieson Feb 21, 2008
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.society.liberalism/msg/9ff12a04c549088e

Canyon note: what fun.... and this is supoosed to be part of their ignoring me?
Baron_Mind
2009-07-27 00:56:18 UTC
----
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and
he likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.
I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from
many seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
I did, long ago. But if you're just going to engage him, that makes
you less interesting to read.
Zepp sure expends an awful lot of energy "ignoring" me...
As compared to the "awful lot of energy" you "expend" to
get noticed because of your juvenile, miscreant behavior?

--Irony, anyone?
Gandalf Grey
2009-07-27 01:19:46 UTC
Post by Baron_Mind
----
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and
he likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.
I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from
many seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
I did, long ago. But if you're just going to engage him, that makes
you less interesting to read.
Zepp sure expends an awful lot of energy "ignoring" me...
As compared to the "awful lot of energy" you "expend" to
get noticed because of your juvenile, miscreant behavior?
By actual measurement, it doesn't take nearly as much energy to ignore
Shitstick as it takes him to follow us around like a puppy, yappying at our
heels.
--Irony, anyone?
Baron_Mind
2009-07-27 01:45:39 UTC
------
Post by Gandalf Grey
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and
he likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.
I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from
many seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
I did, long ago. But if you're just going to engage him, that makes
you less interesting to read.
Zepp sure expends an awful lot of energy "ignoring" me...
As compared to the "awful lot of energy" you "expend" to
get noticed because of your juvenile, miscreant behavior?
By actual measurement, it doesn't take nearly as much energy to
ignore Shitstick as it takes him to follow us around like a
puppy, yappying at our heels.
I'm reminded of something Fraud Robertson said about "yapping
chihuahuas" when his blathersome rhetoric was repeatedly
exposed for the regurgitations of a right-wing shill..

--Just another case of the pot calling the kettle black, I suppose..
Steve
Steve
2009-07-26 17:45:51 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
You're being played, guy. "Steve" isn't rich; he isn't even well off.
He's on SSI, which is state disability for emotional impairments, and he
likes to get on Usenet and role-play at everyone else's expense.
I suspect his screeds against the poor and the needy germinate from many
seeds of self-hatred. He deserves your pity, not your anger.
Take your own advice and put him in the bozo bin ;)
<LOL> Run, run away..quickly.... and with your tail between your
legs.. do it now, Loser....
E. Barry Bruyea
2009-07-26 19:46:20 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 06:54:44 -0400, Steve
Post by Steve
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
Idiot, that's the way it works with every health insurance scheme, public or
private.
Bullshit... You buy insurance to cover your risk. You generally
pay in proportion to your risk, at least that how it should work....
however you lefterloons always insist that people with low risk should
also pay for people with high risk...
"Risk" is a small component of what Insurance companies charge their
customers. Cash flow for investment reasons is the main driving
force. Why do you think they put up the premiums after periods of
investment losses such as the present 'recession'?
to what coverage you bought.
Steve
2009-07-27 01:32:54 UTC
Post by Steve
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
Idiot, that's the way it works with every health insurance scheme, public or
private.
Bullshit... You buy insurance to cover your risk. You generally
pay in proportion to your risk, at least that how it should work....
however you lefterloons always insist that people with low risk should
also pay for people with high risk...
"Risk" is a small component of what Insurance companies charge their
customers.
As if you'd know anything about it.... Fact is that assuming risk is
pretty much the only thing they charge for....

to what coverage you bought.
Archie
2009-07-26 03:35:02 UTC
Post by Steve
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
I'm glad and I'm relieved in that case - not proud. When I am working
to pay to serve the health needs of other people, as I have been doing
for many years, I'm proud. There will be a time I need Chom and all
working Canadians to pay for me. He'll do it - I can count on it.
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:35:02 -0700 (PDT), Archie
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
So are you proud that somebody else works hard to pay for your
services?
I'm glad and I'm relieved in that case - not proud.
Yeah, socialism doesn't do much for one's pride, does it?
Post by Archie
When I am working
to pay to serve the health needs of other people, as I have been doing
for many years, I'm proud. There will be a time I need Chom and all
working Canadians to pay for me. He'll do it - I can count on it.
You know, I do understand that there are people like you... people
who can't handle their lives without an omnipresent nanny government
to take over when their mommies kick them out.... so it's probably
OK that there are places like Canada for you immature little loons to
go...
Archie
2009-07-26 14:39:39 UTC
Post by Archie
When I am working
to pay to serve the health needs of other people, as I have been doing
for many years, I'm proud. There will be a time I need Chom and all
working Canadians to pay for me. He'll do it - I can count on it.
You know, I do understand that there are people like you...  people
who can't handle their lives without an omnipresent nanny government
to take over when their mommies kick them out....   so it's probably
OK that there are places like Canada for you immature little loons to
go...
Developed human beings get past selfishness and pride in toys like 'my
truck' and 'my cows'. Developed human beings take pride in their own
accomplishments as opposed to clinging to simple status symbols. What
is most important is developing an identity of one's own and to learn
to think for your/my self as opposed to swallowing whole the
ideological introjects pushed on us from our parents.

Oscar Schilndler appeared to be a selfish and underdeveloped human
being - a capitalist. But when push came to shove, he showed that he
put the well being of others ahead of his own - not exactly a poster
child for capitalism was he?
Steve
2009-07-26 16:00:33 UTC
Post by Archie
When I am working
to pay to serve the health needs of other people, as I have been doing
for many years, I'm proud. There will be a time I need Chom and all
working Canadians to pay for me. He'll do it - I can count on it.
You know, I do understand that there are people like you...  people
who can't handle their lives without an omnipresent nanny government
to take over when their mommies kick them out....   so it's probably
OK that there are places like Canada for you immature little loons to
go...
Developed human beings get past selfishness and pride in toys like 'my
truck' and 'my cows'.
Spoken by a socialist loon who wants all the successful people to get
past [their] selfishness... <LOL> yep, all those people who went
out and earned stuff and won't share with you really piss you off,
don't they?

Post by Archie
accomplishments as opposed to clinging to simple status symbols. What
is most important is developing an identity of one's own and to learn
to think for your/my self as opposed to swallowing whole the
ideological introjects pushed on us from our parents.
Oscar Schilndler appeared to be a selfish and underdeveloped human
being - a capitalist. But when push came to shove, he showed that he
put the well being of others ahead of his own - not exactly a poster
child for capitalism was he?
I assume you're referring to Oskar Schindler.... so what the heck
has he to do with your grubby little fingers trying to get into other
people's pockets?
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 17:29:42 UTC
Post by Archie
Developed human beings get past selfishness and pride in toys like 'my
truck' and 'my cows'. Developed human beings take pride in their own
accomplishments as opposed to clinging to simple status symbols. What
is most important is developing an identity of one's own and to learn
to think for your/my self as opposed to swallowing whole the
ideological introjects pushed on us from our parents.
Oscar Schilndler appeared to be a selfish and underdeveloped human
being - a capitalist. But when push came to shove, he showed that he
put the well being of others ahead of his own - not exactly a poster
child for capitalism was he?
Mankind probably won't evolve to your high-falutin humanistic virtues for
quite a while, but I do think we should make medicine an essential service
and not one not governed by market principles.

Market medicine has only proven itself to be anti-competitive and
inefficient.
Archie
2009-07-26 18:11:30 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Archie
[...]
Capitalism has proven to be anti-competitive and inefficient.
Currently there are idle manufacturing plants and empty houses all
over America while people need cars and houses. There's something
wrong with that picture.

Capitalists are all about control - control of people's needs and they
hold them for a ransom. In my opinion, it is criminal.
E. Barry Bruyea
2009-07-26 19:43:47 UTC
On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 11:11:30 -0700 (PDT), Archie
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Archie
[...]
And just how does socialism differ? Some of the most inefficient
manufacturing facilities in the world are in socialist/liberal
economies and without pro-labour, anti-competitive, government
legislation, they couldn't even exist. Why the hell do you think
Sweden has been selling off most of its 'icon' manufacturing concerns
over the past few years?
Archie
2009-07-27 01:19:58 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Archie
[...]
The capitalist world has seen the starvation of many millions - it is
never mentioned. From india to Haiti capitalism has not served the
majority. Only in countries where capitalism is buffered with strong
unions and social programs to stimulate buying, capitalism works to an
acceptable extent.

The needs of the people, especially the most needy, should be accepted
as our collective and individual responsibility. This is serious
business and until now, right wing ideologues have hi jacked the
processes and ownership of production and distribution systems.

I don't care if you call it capitalism, socialism or any other kind of
-ism. But the needs of them that are starving and dying from
deprivation should be top priority.
Steve
2009-07-27 01:40:08 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Archie
[...]
Go ahead... but use your own money. Oh wait, you're one of those
that wants to be on the receiving end, aren't you?
Archie
2009-07-27 02:15:55 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Archie
[...]
I looked at your profile. You posts thousands of posts a month. To do
that you are idle or underemployed. You are a troll after all just as
one of your enemies here said.

You got me. I thought you were one of the most idiotic of the vile
right wingers I've ever run across. Good one.
Steve
2009-07-27 02:26:54 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Archie
[...]
Yep, I retired and sold my business over ten years ago.. I spend a
good deal of time doing volunteer work... mostly driving people here
and there, so I have my laptop mounted on a pedestal in my truck. I
use the navigation software to help get me around to the various
doctor's offices and while I wait, I log onto my supernews account and
slap lefterloons around..
Still, I've got plenty of time on my hands, but lately I've begun a
little home business.. it involves my computers quite a bit, of
course, and you usenet lefties are a nice diversion....
Post by Archie
You are a troll after all just as
one of your enemies here said.
You got me. I thought you were one of the most idiotic of the vile
right wingers I've ever run across. Good one.
Thanks for the feedback. Always nice to know I pissed off a
socialist.
Archie
2009-07-27 03:05:38 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Steve
Go ahead...  but use your own money.  Oh wait, you're one of those
that wants to be on the receiving end, aren't you?-
I looked at your profile. You posts thousands of posts a month. To do
that you are idle or underemployed.
Yep, I retired and sold my business over ten years ago..   I spend a
good deal of time doing volunteer work...   mostly driving people here
and there, so I have my laptop mounted on a pedestal in my truck.  I
use the navigation software to help get me around to the various
doctor's offices and while I wait, I log onto my supernews account and
slap lefterloons around..
Still,  I've got plenty of time on my hands, but lately I've begun a
little home business..  it involves my computers quite a bit, of
course, and you usenet lefties are a nice diversion....
So you are completely idle - contributing by driving people to doctors
appointments. But hardly a contributor to anything at all.

Doesn't the hypocrisy of your own posts - eg. all the bluster about
other people being "on the receiving end" twig anything at all in your
mind? Just here, in a few simple posts, you have demonstrated that
you are a useless pustule - a festering piece of shit waiting to die -
typing away pretending to be Joe Capitalist.

Oh well - that is you and your hypocrisy and lack of credibility is
your own affair.

How's this for "feedback"?
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 01:06:17 UTC
Post by Steve
Socialism really appeals to the losers, especially the part about "to
each according to need." Unfortunately for them, the part about "from
each according to ability" keeps anyone with any ability from joining
them....
If it wasn't for the fact that 36 nations rank higher than the US in
providing health care, you might have had a point.
Steve
<ROTFLMAO> ranked by lefterloons....
Archie
2009-07-26 03:39:54 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Socialism really appeals to the losers, especially the part about "to
each according to need."  Unfortunately for them, the part about "from
each according to ability" keeps anyone with any ability from joining
them....
If it wasn't for the fact that 36 nations rank higher than the US in
providing health care, you might have had a point.
<ROTFLMAO>  ranked by lefterloons....
That's right. Everybody except you bible belt morons are lefterloons.
Everybody on the planet seems to know about American health care -
except a certain strata of American society - which you obviously
belong.

Why do you suppose that is?
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 04:15:50 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Socialism really appeals to the losers, especially the part about
"to each according to need."  Unfortunately for them, the part about
"from each according to ability" keeps anyone with any ability from
joining them....
If it wasn't for the fact that 36 nations rank higher than the US in
providing health care, you might have had a point.
<ROTFLMAO>  ranked by lefterloons....
That's right. Everybody except you bible belt morons are lefterloons.
Everybody on the planet seems to know about American health care -
except a certain strata of American society - which you obviously
belong.
Why do you suppose that is?
In his case, it's because "Steve" is a mindless troll.

He'll start trying to impress you with how rich he is, and when that
fails, the stalking and the personal attacks follow.

There's two types of Americans who support the status quo: the richest
1%, and anyone they can buy off or fool into supporting the status quo.
cause sterility.
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:15:50 -0500, "5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09"
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Socialism really appeals to the losers, especially the part about
"to each according to need."  Unfortunately for them, the part about
"from each according to ability" keeps anyone with any ability from
joining them....
If it wasn't for the fact that 36 nations rank higher than the US in
providing health care, you might have had a point.
<ROTFLMAO>  ranked by lefterloons....
That's right. Everybody except you bible belt morons are lefterloons.
Everybody on the planet seems to know about American health care -
except a certain strata of American society - which you obviously
belong.
Why do you suppose that is?
In his case, it's because "Steve" is a mindless troll.
<ROTFLMAO>

It's because David B Jamieson (Zepp) is a dishonest moron that hates
it when I expose him for what he is... and he apparently really hates
it when I tell people his real name, which he has tried to hide from
because of his unsavory past....

Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 15:37:28 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
[...]
The research supports the fact that public insurers are run more efficiently
and have less overhead, therefore the private insurers will be forced to
compete for smaller and smaller market share. That has a lot of avaricious
mouths worried. How does a private, for profit insurer compete with a
public, non-profit insurer? They can't, they know it, they are shitting
their pants. The glorious days of skimming 50%+ off the top of sick people
are getting darker. The mission of the for-profit insurance corporation and
the mission of the health services are mutually incompatible objectives.
Shareholders get better returns when they *deny* services to sick people.
It's a really fucked-up concept when you think about it.
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 16:15:52 UTC
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
[...]
Republicans believe that all social services should be on a for-profit
basis. Two years ago they put on a big drive to privatize social
security, convert the entire fund to 401(k)s and sink them into
derivatives. The argument went that the profits would be so vast that
everyone would have pensions twice as big even after market managers took
their "share". They've worked for years to privatize education, and
under Bush, the military. Imagine if Margaret Thatcher married the Mad
Hatter and you would have the mind of the typical "free marketeer".

Of course, they keep insisting that we the people would be the
beneficiaries of all this, but just Medicare alone tells everyone the
devastating results of privatization.
cause sterility.
Steve
"we the people" Zepp isn't a citizen so he doesn't qualify...
Chom Noamsky
2009-07-26 18:05:35 UTC
Post by 5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
Republicans believe that all social services should be on a for-profit
basis. Two years ago they put on a big drive to privatize social
security, convert the entire fund to 401(k)s and sink them into
derivatives. The argument went that the profits would be so vast that
everyone would have pensions twice as big even after market managers took
their "share". They've worked for years to privatize education, and
under Bush, the military. Imagine if Margaret Thatcher married the Mad
Hatter and you would have the mind of the typical "free marketeer".
Of course, they keep insisting that we the people would be the
beneficiaries of all this, but just Medicare alone tells everyone the
devastating results of privatization.
That's what happens when policy is driven by ideology and belief instead of
cold hard reality. The first thing that must be identified is the
objective, which is to provide the best care at the best price. Once the
objective has been identified you work backwards to arrive at the means.
The market has failed miserably to achieve the objective (not that it ever
was the objective), yet the ideologues keep promoting the myth that the
market is the solution. If it was the solution there wouldn't be a problem,
because the US has been practicing market medicine for quite a while now.
5067 Dead, 200 since 1/20/09
2009-07-26 19:11:13 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
[...]
Even in those areas where markets excel, they need to be regulated. The
myth is that government regulation impedes business (granted, excessive
regulation does) but the automobile is a good example of regulation
resulting in a clean, safe product. I had the dubious pleasure of living
in Los Angeles in the 1970s, when traffic was about one third of what it
is now (and even then, it was pretty awesome) and the air quality was
significantly worse back then than it is now. In addition to SO2, there
was CO, lead particulates, and a much higher level of other particulates
than we see now. Cars didn't have air bags, only some had seat belts,
the death rate per passenger mile was about four times what it is now,
and not many cars made it past 150,000 miles before being scrapped. And
in real dollars, cars cost about the same as they did in 1972.

Marketeers argue that it's simply enlightened self-interest that a
manufacturer produce the cleanest, safest, most reliable product
possible, but in reality, of course, competitive pressures and the drive
to cut as many corners as possible often result in products that aren't
safe, clean, or reliable, and the producer is interested only in
deniability. As a result, a big push from corporations down here is for
"tort reform" which is a neutral-sounding phrase that conceals a drive to
make it nearly impossible for consumers to sue for damages, and eliminate
class-action suits altogether. That's easier than building a safer
product.
cause sterility.
Steve
2009-07-26 10:54:44 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 20:39:54 -0700 (PDT), Archie
Post by Archie
Post by Chom Noamsky
Post by Steve
Socialism really appeals to the losers, especially the part about "to
each according to need."  Unfortunately for them, the part about "from
each according to ability" keeps anyone with any ability from joining
them....
If it wasn't for the fact that 36 nations rank higher than the US in
providing health care, you might have had a point.
<ROTFLMAO>  ranked by lefterloons....
That's right.
The WHO is a bunch of lefterloon clowns that twist the data to their
bias. It's only appropriate that a clown like you would buy onto
their nonsense.

Why do you suppose that is?
Phlip
2009-07-26 00:13:19 UTC
The world's best professional liars don't make clumsy mistakes like that.
.
2009-07-25 17:41:38 UTC
Post by Chom Noamsky
The lies on the right are getting harder and harder to maintain... Americans
http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Canadian+health+care+hardly+Marxism+threat/1823845/story.html
But But, what about the fat btoad who had a brain transplant that they show on
US advets?

Seriously. I spend time in South Carolina and you have no idea of the shit
that they have been fed about our system.

I honestly don't care what the USA ends up doing. But I detest "bad
mouthing". Where folks I know down there think that every trip to the
hospital is a scene from that Denys Arcand movie Les invasions barbares.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338135/
Siobhan Medeiros
Hmmm...they should watching "Bringing Out the Dead" a couple of times.
.