Post by Eddie Haskell Post by Eddie Haskell
ANWR has an estimated 10 to 15 billion barrels of oil. Prudhoe Bay
was estimated at 10 billion barrels and is still producing 700,000
barrels a day.
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, as usual.
ANWR has an estimated 3.5 billion barrels of recoverable oil.
Current production at Prudhoe is 400,000 barrels a day.
Instead of just making shit up, do some research, ya fucking idiot.
But of course you won't since it will debunk all your lies.
It doesn't make a shit what the exact numbers are
So you admit you rightards will outright lie to make a point.
It's about time one of you Goddamn liars came right out and said it.
"A 1998 United States Geological Survey (USGS) study indicated at least 4.3
billion (95% probability) and possibly as much as 11.8 billion (5%
Get that? "At LEAST 4.3 billion"? Now show us where your 3.5 billion
estimate is factual while his 10 to 15 estimate is a lie, ya goddamn liar.
If it is all the same, I'd rather stick with USGS numbers. Check them
I'll save you the effort of digging through the document, its the sort
of thing only a geologist
(or, like me, former geologist) could love. Here's the summary:
The total quantity of technically recoverable oil within the entire
assessment area is estimated to be between 5.7 and 16.0 billion
barrels (95-percent and 5-percent probability range), with a mean
value of 10.4 billion barrels. Technically recoverable oil within the
ANWR 1002 area (excluding State and Native areas) is estimated to be
between 4.3 and 11.8 billion barrels (95- and 5-percent probability
range), with a mean value of 7.7 billion barrels (table 1).
Quantities of technically recoverable oil are not expected to be
uniformly distributed throughout the ANWR 1002 area. The undeformed
area (fig. 2) is estimated to contain between 3.4 and 10.2 billion
barrels of oil (BBO) (95- and 5-percent probability), with a mean of
6.4 BBO. The deformed area (fig. 2) is estimated to contain between 0
and 3.2 BBO (95- and 5-percent probability), with a mean of 1.2 BBO.
The numbers you are both citing are "somewhat" correct. While it IS
possible to take oil from a deformed area (meaning
that the strata are no longer lying level and may be punctuated by
other rock groups), it is a lot harder. So the realistic
numbers are 3.4 to 10.2, with a most likely result closer to the 3.4
billion barrel range (95% confidence). By the way,
check out the bar charts below that. It shows the amount of oil which
is not only TECHNICALLY feasible to remove, but
also the (estimated) prices for which that oil would be commercially
Oh, finally, the US consumes about 20 million barrels of oil a day (at
least by the last estimate, back in 2004). That means
that every 50 days, we use a billion barrels (20 million * 50 = 1000
million or 1 billion). That means that even if the BEST
case of 10 billionn barrels were there, you are looking at a 500 day
supply (more or less). That's about a year and a half.