... Ann is really cool and really funny ....
Steve
2006-07-01 15:23:23 UTC
An excellent Ann Coulter interview:

http://www.jambands.com/Features/content_2006_06_23.06.phtml

"...While she was delayed by a round of speeches to make up due to
strep throat, and other events life throws out, we kept shooting
e-mails back and forth and I discovered a secret that I will reveal
despite the damage to her reputation that it may cause: Ann is really
cool and really funny. ..."

"... But whatever their myriad interests, clothing choices, and
interest in illicit drugs, true Deadheads are what liberals claim to be
but aren't: unique, free-thinking, open, kind, and interested in
different ideas. ..."

AC: Apart from Al Gore, Al Franken is the most un-Deadhead like person
I know of who purports to be a Deadhead.

AC: As a Deadhead and a freedom-lover, I am wounded to the bone that
you think the two do not naturally go hand in hand. The Deadheads I
just met casually and not through conservative politics were almost
always right-thinking, whatever they called themselves. Deadheads
believe in freedom - not a government telling people how much water
they can have in their toilets or where they can smoke or whether they
should be allowed to own a gun.

"...One of my Dead friends I met at Vail made candles for Grateful Dead
merchandizing. His daily routine consisted of waking up, smoking a
bowl, and turning on the Rush Limbaugh radio show while he made his
candles. (It's true. He's so far out there he practices this weird,
freaky ritual known as "commerce." Don't try telling me pot is
harmless!) ..."

"...Finally, I believe the great New York subway vigilante Bernie Goetz
was a Deadhead. ..."

-Steve
tenjets
2006-07-01 16:19:37 UTC
Post by Steve
[...]
Leave it up to Ann Coulter to bring devisiveness and hateful vitriol to the
benign world of the Deadheads.
geno2345
-Steve
BushExposer
2006-07-01 17:55:24 UTC
There's nothing excellent about dividers of America.
They work for Al Queda.
geno2345
2006-07-02 00:02:27 UTC
And paid by the CIA.
They work for Al Queda.
Chuck Feney
2006-07-01 18:16:54 UTC
Post by Steve
http://www.jambands.com/Features/content_2006_06_23.06.phtml
"...While she was delayed by a round of speeches to make up due to
strep throat,
Strep throat? More likely, more growth in her Adam's Apple.
As you probably know, the Adam's Apple is so named because the fruit
of the knowledge of good and evil got stuck in Adam's throat.
Obviously, looking at Ann, that knowledge is also stuck in her throat,
explaining why it never got to her moral center...
SHb
2006-07-01 18:50:06 UTC
"""""Strep throat? More likely, more growth in her Adam's Apple.
As you probably know, the Adam's Apple is so named because the fruit
of the knowledge of good and evil got stuck in Adam's throat.
Obviously, looking at Ann, that knowledge is also stuck in her throat,
explaining why it never got to her moral center...""""

They say One's enemy shows admiration for you when they cast aspersions on
you and your character.

Me thinks Libs are buying her book too and turning red!
Docky Wocky
2006-07-01 19:51:55 UTC
Will the lefties ever be able to come out with an intelligent critique of
Coulter?

All I ever see is ad hominem stupidity building inexorably on more ad
hominem stupidity.
monkeyhawk
2006-07-01 20:03:06 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
Will the lefties ever be able to come out with an intelligent critique of
Coulter?
All I ever see is ad hominem stupidity building inexorably on more ad
hominem stupidity.
Glad you asked!

When confronted with reality, as with the recent debate with Al Franken at
the University of Judaism, Coulter was reduced to whimpering (like a
girly-man) that she was "a flawed person.".

Then followed about an hour with the president of the university leading a
discussion during which she lost everyone but her most dedicated fans, of
which there were maybe fifty by the end of the evening. At one point, when
Franken was talking about making sure our returning veterans got proper
medical care, one of her nutcase followers yelled, "Boring!"

Here's Franken's opening statement from that debate.

====

Thank you. First of all, I know I join Ann in thanking the University of
Judaism for hosting this event. We've had an opportunity to spend some time
with President Wexler and have dinner with many folks from the University
community.

And I'd like to answer the question that I actually get asked the most when
I do an event for a Jewish organization. Yes, I had enough to eat.

You know, in these kinds of debate forums, someone has to go first. It's
always preferable to go second, because you can react to what's been said,
giving you something of a tactical advantage. More importantly, it pretty
much spares you the chore of writing out pre-prepared remarks.

Both Ann and I said we preferred going second, but I didn't insist on it,
because I understood somebody had to go first. And being a liberal, I just
wasn't tough-minded enough to insist on a coin toss.

So, I'll try to use my time to define the terms of the debate - if you will.
"Whence Judaism?"

No. I think we should talk about the Bush Administration and the Republican
Congress and what it has accomplished over the past five years. I'm talking,
of course, about well over two trillion dollars added to the national debt,
the increase in poverty in our country and the added millions of Americans,
including children, without health insurance. I'm talking about the sale of
our democracy to corporate interests that pollute our water and our air. I'm
talking about the widening gap between the haves and the have nots in this
country. And I'm talking about the war in Iraq.

I'm talking about an increasingly corrupt, secretive, and incompetent
federal government that rewards cronies, a Republican majority in Congress
that's acted as a rubber stamp, that has performed virtually no oversight
and which excludes the minority party from the legislative process in a way
unprecedented in our recent history.

I also want to discuss with Ann the coarsening of dialogue in this country.
I want to discuss values with Ann. Values like love, of family, of your
fellow man, of country. Ann has said repeatedly that liberals hate America.

I disagree.

Last year I had the honor of speaking at West Point. It was an audience not
so very different from this one. Except that instead of you, the audience
was made up of about twelve hundred cadets. Many of whom will be going to
Iraq in the next year or so.

The occasion was the Sol Feinstone Lecture on the Meaning of Freedom endowed
by philanthropist Sol Feinstone. It's an annual event and Sol Feinstein's
granddaughter, who is about my age, attended.

After telling a number jokes and getting the cadets on my side. I told them
that we had been lied into the war in Iraq. I had just published a book
entitled The Truth (with jokes), and I told the cadets that you can't have
freedom without the truth. You can have freedom without jokes, as has been
proven by the Dutch and the Swiss.

I proceeded to prove that we had been lied into war, citing example after
example of President Bush, Vice President Cheney, Defense Secretary
Rumsfeld, and Condi Rice, who had been National Security Advisor in the
lead-up to the war, telling the public information that they knew not to be
true.

At the end of the speech I received a standing ovation from the cadets. Sol
Feinstone's granddaughter told me she had gone to every lecture for the last
thirty or so years, and that I received only the second standing ovation.
The other was for Max Cleland, who lost both legs and an arm in Vietnam.

By the way, Ann has written that Max Cleland was lucky to have lost his legs
and his arm in Vietnam. I disagree. More importantly, I know Max, and he
disagrees.

I believe I received the standing ovation because the cadets knew that I was
speaking from the heart, and that the information I had given them was all
true. And as I said, you can't have freedom without the truth.

You can't have good government without the truth. During the crafting and
passage of the Medicare prescription drug bill, the chief actuary of
Medicare was told to withhold from Congress the true cost of the bill. He'd
be fired if he told the truth.

The bill costs so much, in large part, because the bill prohibits Medicare
from negotiating with the pharmaceutical companies on the price of drugs. As
a result, seniors now pay on average 44% more than veterans getting the same
drugs through the VA which is allowed to use its size to negotiate with the
drug companies. To get the bill passed, the vote was held open for three
hours. Tom DeLay was later admonished by Republicans on the ethics committee
for attempting to bribe, and then extort, Republican Nick Smith of Michigan
to get him to change his vote. The chairman of the Commerce Committee Billy
Tauzin who ushered the legislation through, soon left Congress for a two
million dollar a year job as the chief lobbyist for the pharmaceutical
industry. Obviously, a complete coincidence.

During the 2000 campaign George Bush ran for president by saying repeatedly,
and I quote, "by far the vast majority of my tax cut goes to those at the
bottom." Of course, nothing could be further from the truth.

In fact, the president continues to ask for and sign tax cuts that go
primarily to those at the top. By the way, until George W. Bush, our country
had never cut taxes during a time of war.

As a result, our deficits grow and the cuts - in Medicaid, Pell Grants, food
stamps, low-income housing subsidies, community block grants - are targeted
at the poorest in our society.

George W. Bush famously said that Jesus was his favorite political
philosopher. Frankly, I don't get it.

I'm Jewish. Thank you. I'm not an expert on the New Testament. But I know
that if you cut out all the passages where Jesus talks about helping the
poor, helping the least among us, if you literally took a pair of scissors
and cut out all those passages, you'd have the perfect box to smuggle Rush
Limbaugh's drugs in.

I don't understand when the Christian right says that equal rights in
marriage threatens marriage. I've been married 30 years, many of them happy.
I don't think that if my wife and I were walking around in Boston, where we
met, if we saw two men holding hands with wedding bands. I don't think I'd
say "Hey, that looks good. Y'know, honey, you don't like watching football
on Sundays. Maybe I could marry a guy, watch football with him, and then if
I wanted to have sex, I could come over and have sex with you."

I was just talking to Newt Gingrich the other day. And I said to him, "Don't
you want for a gay couple what you had with your first wife? Don't you want
that bond that comes with the pledge of fidelity that you had with your
second wife? Don't you want what comes with that lifelong bond that you may
or may not have with your third wife - I have no idea what's going on
there."

You know, Bill O'Reilly always talks about his "traditional values" - as
opposed to "the far left's secular humanist values." I didn't realize phone
sex was a traditional value. I didn't think the phone had been around long
enough. Maybe telegraph sex.

In her book Slander, Ann referred to Democrats and our "Marquis de Sade
lifestyle." I've been married for thirty years. Ann, you're an attractive
woman. And I know you support the president's abstinence-only sex education.
I want to congratulate you for saving yourself for your one true love.

When my daughter was six years old, her teacher asked all her students to
write about how their parents had met. We told Thomasin that we met at a
mixer freshman year of college. I saw Franni across the room, gathering up
some friends to leave. I liked the way she was taking control and I thought
she was beautiful. So I asked her to dance, and then got her a ginger ale,
then escorted her to her dorm and asked for a date.

My daughter wrote, "My dad asked my mom to dance, bought her a drink, and
then took her home." Now all the facts were accurate, but what my daughter
wrote was extremely misleading. Now my daughter wasn't lying. She didn't
realize that what she wrote made her mom seem like a slut.

Ann, however, is not six years old. And she has developed her own techniques
for misleading, by leaving out important facts. Let me give you an example
of Ann lying by omission.

Also in her book Slander, Ann tells her readers that Al Gore had a leg up on
George W. Bush when applying to their respective colleges. Harvard and Yale.
Ann writes:

"Oddly, it was Bush who was routinely accused of having sailed through life
on his father's name. But the truth was the reverse. The media was
manipulating the fact that - many years later - Bush's father became
president. When Bush was admitted to Yale, his father was a little-known
congressman on the verge of losing his first Senate race. His father was a
Yale alumnus, but so were a lot of other boys' parents. It was Gore, not
Bush, who had a famous father likely to impress college admissions
committees."

What does Ann omit? Well, that Bush's grandfather Prescott Bush was also a
Yale alum and had been Senator from Connecticut, the home state of Yale
University. That Prescott Bush had been a trustee of Yale. That Prescott
Bush had been the first chair of Yale's Development Board - the folks who
raise the money. That Prescott Bush sat on the Yale Corporation for twelve
years. That Prescott Bush, like George W. Bush's father, George H. W, Bush,
had been a member of Skull and Bones. That the first Bush to go to Yale was
Bush's great great grandfather James Bush, who graduated in 1844. That in
addition to his father, grandfather, and greatgreatgrandfather, Bush was the
legacy of no less than twenty-seven other relatives who preceded him at
Yale, including five great great uncles. Seven great uncles. Five uncles,
and a number of first cousins.

Now why did Ann leave out these somewhat relevant facts? Ann grew up in
Connecticut. Ann, did you really not know that Prescott Bush had been your
senator when you were born?

Ann, is it possible that when Prescott's son George H. W. Bush became
president, it totally escaped your notice that his father had represented
your state in the United States Senate? Did neither of your parents mention
it in passing at the dinner table? Did no one at home in Darien make any
comments about the new president's lineage?

Understand. This isn't sloppiness. This is deliberate. For Ann's purposes -
to claim that the media that was manipulating facts here - Ann herself had
to manipulate facts - in such a shameless way. This is what she does.

And she does it over and over and over again.

Let me give you another example.

On page 265 of her book Treason, Ann writes of Tom Friedman, the New York
Times columnist. "He blamed twenty years of relentless attacks by Muslim
extremists on- I quote - 'religious fundamentalists of any stripe.'"

This didn't sound like Tom Friedman to me, so I found the one Friedman
column that contained that phrase - "religious fundamentalists of any
stripe." It was from a December 26, 2001 column called "Naked Air," about an
airline where everyone would fly naked. "Think about it," Friedman writes,
tongue firmly planted in cheek, "If everybody flew naked, not only would you
never have to worry about the passenger next to you carrying box cutters or
exploding shoes, but no religious fundamentalists of any stripe would ever
be caught dead flying nude."

Let me repeat. Ann wrote of Tom Friedman, Jewish by the way, that "he blamed
twenty years of relentless attacks by Muslim extremists on - I quote -
'religious fundamentalists of any stripe.'" She bothered to put "I quote" in
there for emphasis.

Friedman actually wrote "no religious fundamentalists of any stripe would
ever be caught dead flying nude" in service of a conceit that illustrated
our dilemma of either becoming less open as a society or learning to live
with much higher risks than we've ever been used to before.

Friedman was not blaming 9/11 on the Lubavichers, as Ann suggests.

Now this sort of deliberate misrepresentation contributes to a coarsening of
our nation's dialogue. Ann recently told an audience:

"We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee,"
Coulter said. "That's just a joke, for you in the media."

Here's my question. What's the joke? Maybe it's a prejudice from my days as
a comedy writer, but I always thought the joke had to have an operative
funny idea. I'll give you an example of a joke.

Like they do every Saturday night, two elderly Jewish couples are going
out to dinner. The guys are in front, the girls riding in back. Irv says to
Sid, "Where should we go tonight?"

Sid says, "How about that place we went about a month ago. The Italian
place with the great lasagna."

Irv says, "I don't remember it."

Sid says, "The place with the great lasagna."

Irv says, "I don't remember. What's the name of the place?"

Sid thinks. But can't remember. "A flower. Gimme a flower."

"Tulip?" Irv says.

"No, no. A different flower."

"Magnolia?"

"No, no. A basic flower."

"Orchid?"

"No! Basic."

"Rose?"

That's it! Sid turns to the back seat. "Rose. What was the name of that
restaurant.?"

That's a joke. What exactly is the joke in "We need somebody to put rat
poisoning in Justice Stevens' creme brulee?" Is it the crème brulee? Is that
it? Because Stevens is some kind of Francophile or elitist? Is it the rat
poison? See, I would have gone with Drano. I'm really trying here, Ann.
Please, when you come up, explain the joke about murdering an associate
justice of the Supreme Court. One who by the way, was appointed to the
Supreme Court by Gerald Ford, and who, also, by the way, won a Bronze Star
serving in the Navy in World War II. What is the joke? 'Cause I don't get
it.

Now in Ann's defense, she doesn't always make horribly offensive remarks or
knowingly craft lies. Very often Ann is just wrong out of ignorance or pure
laziness. Take this from the MSNBC Show - Saturday Final - on August 30,
2003 - MSNBC. She is talking about how well the war in Iraq is going.

COULTER: I think the rebuilding is going extremely well. Douglas MacArthur
was in Japan five years after V.J. Day. There were enormous casualties in
Germany after World War II. The rebuilding is actually going quite well
compared to past efforts. And really, all we're getting from Democrats is
constant carping.

Ann, do you know how many combat fatalities the American military had in
Germany after V-E day? Zero. You know how many in Japan after V-J day? Zero.

Ann and I have debated once before. In May of 2004, and Ann still felt the
war was going amazingly well. Let me quote her from that debate:

".. This war is going amazingly well. the casualty rate is incredibly small
for the rebuilding. It is going better than can be expected. You cannot read
about how well things are going against Al Sadr, where you have Iraqis
protesting against Al Sadr; all these stories about how Al Sadr had (this)
vast support among the Iraquis. oh no no no. They recently held a protest
march saying, 'Al Sadr, get out.'"

As you know, Ann, Moktadr al Sadr, recently picked the Shiite choice for
prime minister for the new government, Mohamed al Jafaari. Sadr has
thirty-two seats in the Iraqi assembly compared to Ahmed Chalabi's zero. And
remember, it was Chalabi to whom we were going to turn over the Iraqi
government.

Things are not going amazingly well in Iraq. And they haven't been going
amazingly well since we allowed the looting of Baghdad. A week ago, former
prime minister Ayad Allawi said that Iraq was already in a civil war. And as
George Bush said in September of 2004, we should listen to Allawi because -
and I quote - "he understands what's going on there - after all, he lives
there."

The first thing this Administration needs to do in Iraq is to start
acknowledging the truth and level with the American people.

I think the one lesson we can all agree on from Vietnam is that we cannot
blame the troops. By and large, the vast, vast majority of our troops have
performed heroically. And they deserve our gratitude and support. And that
means supporting them after they've come home.

Two thirds of the wounded in Iraq now have brain injuries. That's because so
many of the casualties are from IED's, and the injuries are concussive and
not ballistic. Each one of those brain injuries is going to cost a million
dollars over the course of that veteran's life. And we need to fund programs
for those who come back with post traumatic stress disorder - a higher
percentage than in any previous war.

Now another value I believe in is love of country. For some reason it
rankles Ann that I've done six USO tours and have had the nerve to talk
about it. I do so because I want people to be aware of the work that the USO
does. I want anyone here today who is a Hollywood celebrity to think about
giving up a couple weeks of your life to entertain our men and women in
uniform. I think it rankles Ann that I've talked about going on the USO
tours because she can't conceive that anyone would actually do something for
anyone else. I didn't go to Iraq to prove that Democrats are patriotic, Ann.
I did my first USO tour in 1999, when Clinton was president. We went to
Kosovo, a war that was vehemently and vocally opposed by many Republicans.
Even so, we didn't call them traitors. I was invited by the USO to go to
Iraq because they know I do a good job and that it means a lot to the troops
when anyone comes over to show them we care.

My daughter is 25. She teaches inner city kids in the Bronx. And that makes
me proud. She hates when I say it, and that makes me even more proud.

My son is an engineering student. He wants to build fuel efficient cars.
He's a junior in college and got a job at Ford this summer working on a new
manufacturing process for power trans. I don't know what that means either.
But he got there because he works his butt off.

But my son doesn't feel that he got where he is because he is some kind of
rugged individual. That he did it all himself. He knows that he stands on
the shoulders of those who stood on the shoulders of those who stood on the
shoulders of those who stood on the shoulders of those who stood on the
necks of Indians.

My wife and I tried to instill certain values in our kids. But we don't love
them because they're perfect. We love them because they're decent, loving
kids. Kids who care about others and care, by the way, about the truth.

One last thing. Speaking of the truth. A few months after my last debate
with Ann, the following appeared in a New York Observer story about Ann.

From the September 13, 2004 issue..

The writer asks Ann in the article:

"She debated Al Franken recently?

"'Yes,' she said. 'It's not an interesting debate, because liberals can't
argue. So it's never like point-counterpoint; all we do is hear about his
fucking U.S.O. tours for three hours. Excuse my French.'"

Ann, let's see if we can have a point-counterpoint, and an interesting
debate. And by the way, Ann, I have here a DVD of that entire three hour
debate - And I'll bet you my speaking fee tonight that I spoke about my USO
tours for less than a grand total of three minutes. How about it Ann? My
speaking fee against your speaking fee?

I mean we care about the truth, don't we?
tenjets
2006-07-01 23:57:17 UTC
Post by Docky Wocky
Will the lefties ever be able to come out with an intelligent critique of
Coulter?
All I ever see is ad hominem stupidity building inexorably on more ad
hominem stupidity.
Ann's "commentary" about the 911 widows is a great example of an ad hominem
argument.
t1gercat
2006-07-02 05:24:13 UTC
Post by tenjets
Post by Docky Wocky
Will the lefties ever be able to come out with an intelligent critique of
Coulter?
All I ever see is ad hominem stupidity building inexorably on more ad
hominem stupidity.
Ann's "commentary" about the 911 widows is a great example of an ad hominem
argument.
Everything she has ever written has been nothing but cascades and
layers of insults, exaggerations and outright lies. Her stock-in-trade
is ad hominem vitriol.

Wexford
tenjets
2006-07-02 19:29:20 UTC
Post by t1gercat
Post by tenjets
Post by Docky Wocky
Will the lefties ever be able to come out with an intelligent critique of
Coulter?
All I ever see is ad hominem stupidity building inexorably on more ad
hominem stupidity.
Ann's "commentary" about the 911 widows is a great example of an ad hominem
argument.
Everything she has ever written has been nothing but cascades and
layers of insults, exaggerations and outright lies. Her stock-in-trade
is ad hominem vitriol.
Wexford
Or, as she called it in an interview with Katie Couric, "invective, a
legitimate rhetorical device." She can certainly dish it, but she can't take
it, as in the recent interview with Matt Lauer, "are you being snippy with
me?"
t1gercat
2006-07-02 20:32:01 UTC
Post by tenjets
Post by t1gercat
Post by tenjets
Post by Docky Wocky
Will the lefties ever be able to come out with an intelligent critique of
Coulter?
All I ever see is ad hominem stupidity building inexorably on more ad
hominem stupidity.
Ann's "commentary" about the 911 widows is a great example of an ad hominem
argument.
Everything she has ever written has been nothing but cascades and
layers of insults, exaggerations and outright lies. Her stock-in-trade
is ad hominem vitriol.
Wexford
Interesting
Post by tenjets
Or, as she called it in an interview with Katie Couric, "invective, a
legitimate rhetorical device." She can certainly dish it, but she can't take
it, as in the recent interview with Matt Lauer, "are you being snippy with
me?"
That's the psychological ploy of all bullies, isn't it? They can
attack without provocation, vicisously and brutally, but when you fight
back, the merest push becomes a dirty, devastating, undeserved blow.
She uses invective to get a response then immediately crys "foul!" when
the response comes. The Right doesn't have the patent on this
technique, but they're particularly good at it. Gingrich is past master
at the game. Coulter is just another one who plays.

I wish Lauer had responded by saying, "Snippy? Snippy? I can't believe
I'm hearing this from the mouth of the most vemous poison pen artist in
print.... People, don't buy this book. It's trash. Coulter is trying to
capitalize on the misery of 9-11 survivors. She writes from the gutter.
You'll get a disease if you read it."

Wexford
Chuck Feney
2006-07-01 20:37:40 UTC
Post by SHb
Me thinks Libs are buying her book too and turning red!
No chance.
I wouldn't even check it out at the library. Under the Patriot Act,
anyone who checks out a book by a terrorist will be investigated.
vaxxon1
2006-07-02 04:55:31 UTC
Post by Chuck Feney
Post by SHb
"""""Strep throat? More likely, more growth in her Adam's Apple.
As you probably know, the Adam's Apple is so named because the fruit
of the knowledge of good and evil got stuck in Adam's throat.
Obviously, looking at Ann, that knowledge is also stuck in her throat,
explaining why it never got to her moral center...""""
You know, this whole thing with people claiming that Ann Coulter has an
Adam's Apple makes me laugh. You got to be kidding. She's skinny and
all but come on. I mean, I was watching Letterman a few weeks ago when
Sandra Bullock was a guest. Jesus, now this girl has an Adam's Apple
but for some reason no one out there so much as makes mentions of it.
Don't believe me, watch 28 days. Also, I noticed the same thing with
Kelly Rowan who appears on the O.C.. She a cutie but looks like she's
got an ice cube stuck in her throat though again, no one has taken note
of it. It certainly appears that people are looking for any possible
reason to ridicule this Coulter regardless of how much of a stretch it
is. LOL This is totally unecessary considering that all the ammo one
needs she continually provides via her books and interviews.
tenjets
2006-07-01 23:53:12 UTC
Post by SHb
"""""Strep throat? More likely, more growth in her Adam's Apple.
As you probably know, the Adam's Apple is so named because the fruit
of the knowledge of good and evil got stuck in Adam's throat.
Obviously, looking at Ann, that knowledge is also stuck in her throat,
explaining why it never got to her moral center...""""
They say One's enemy shows admiration for you when they cast aspersions on
you and your character.
By that logic, Ann must really, really, really admire liberals, so much so
that I wonder why she isn't one.
MikeC
So you think Ann really admires liberals?
Governor Swill
2006-07-04 00:34:15 UTC
On Sun, 02 Jul 2006 18:30:09 GMT, "MikeC"
Post by MikeC
Post by SHb
They say One's enemy shows admiration for you when they cast aspersions on
you and your character.
So you think Ann really admires liberals?
She fears they'll swing towards the center, co opt Republicrat issues
and thereby disrupt her income.

Swill
Follow the money. Google "petrodollars" and you'll learn the *real* price of a gallon of gas.
SHb
2006-07-04 01:52:52 UTC
Post by SHb
you and your character.
So you think Ann really admires liberals?""""""
Not at all.
I was referring to the assholes who were talking about Ann's Appearance and
motives etc..
Read the thread in it's entirety and try to follow please..
of a gallon of gas.
tenjets
2006-07-04 02:43:15 UTC
Post by SHb
you and your character.
So you think Ann really admires liberals?""""""
Not at all.
I was referring to the assholes who were talking about Ann's Appearance
and motives etc..
Read the thread in it's entirety and try to follow please..
You opened the "character" reference which indicates that you're not
following yourself and can't admit that you stepped in your own shit. What
an unbelievably stupid fuck.
price of a gallon of gas.
The Trucker
2006-07-04 02:14:17 UTC
Post by MikeC
Post by SHb
They say One's enemy shows admiration for you when they cast aspersions on
you and your character.
So you think Ann really admires liberals?
She fears they'll swing towards the center, co opt Republicrat issues
and thereby disrupt her income.
I think the actual real Liberals ARE very close to center. And perhaps there
are special definitions of "conservative" that might be close to center also.
But
the left side of the spectrum is together on the basic issue that righteousness
is
not handed down from the mount on a stone tablet. And though there may
well be some absolute definition of the words "right", "good", and "righteous",
there is no living person or group that has such perfect knowledge. All we can
do is to trust in the good sense of the majority of the people. There
may have been some person(s) in the distant past that had such knowledge
and the teaching of these persons may have been written in the Old or New
Testament, or the Koran, or whatever. But the texts are aver beset with
snares and seeming contradictions; ever full of metaphor and simile and
subject to various interpretations. So the basic point on the left remains in
that no person or group has perfect knowledge; no absolute definition of
"good". The Liberal believes that the ultimate "good" is the ascent of man
as a species and that freedom and liberty and justice are necessary to
such assent. But as we travel further away from the center and proceed
to the left we encounter the left wing moonbat who believes that compassion,
maternalism, and nurturing should trump freedom, liberty, and justice.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

But when we cross the centerline to the right we find a group that claims to
have
perfect knowledge. We find a group that are convinced that their leaders
_KNOW_ the absolute definition of "good" and "evil". We find a group
that worships authority and will have nothing but submission to that authority.
And this is the absolute antithesis of freedom; the antithesis of liberty.
--
"I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers
of society but the people themselves; and
http://GreaterVoice.org
Governor Swill
2006-07-04 17:50:38 UTC
Post by The Trucker
I think the actual real Liberals ARE very close to center.
By definition liberals are on the left, conservatives on the right.
The center shares some viewpoints of both sides to varying degrees.
That's why their centrists. You might be correct that liberalism is
more "mainstream" but it certainly is not centrist and even if
mainstream, that is an extremely recent change. The Reagan
Republicrat takeover of the Congress in 94 and White House in 2000 are
clear evidence that the center has been for well over two decades
leaning to the right.

Swill
Follow the money. Google "petrodollars" and you'll learn the *real* price of a gallon of gas.
Mitchell Holman
2006-07-04 17:54:25 UTC
Post by Governor Swill
Post by The Trucker
I think the actual real Liberals ARE very close to center.
By definition liberals are on the left, conservatives on the right.
The center shares some viewpoints of both sides to varying degrees.
That's why their centrists. You might be correct that liberalism is
more "mainstream" but it certainly is not centrist and even if
mainstream, that is an extremely recent change. The Reagan
Republicrat takeover of the Congress in 94 and White House in 2000 are
clear evidence that the center has been for well over two decades
leaning to the right.
Swill
And yet for that leaning to the right the
public STILL favors abortion rights, gun control,
environmental laws, regulations on business,
balanced budgets andother "leftist" programs.
Governor Swill
2006-07-06 06:42:41 UTC
On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 12:54:25 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Governor Swill
By definition liberals are on the left, conservatives on the right.
The center shares some viewpoints of both sides to varying degrees.
That's why their centrists. You might be correct that liberalism is
more "mainstream" but it certainly is not centrist and even if
mainstream, that is an extremely recent change. The Reagan
Republicrat takeover of the Congress in 94 and White House in 2000 are
clear evidence that the center has been for well over two decades
leaning to the right.
And yet for that leaning to the right the
public STILL favors abortion rights, gun control,
environmental laws, regulations on business,
balanced budgets andother "leftist" programs.
Which is precisely why the GOP is in trouble now. They went too far.

Swill
Follow the money. Google "petrodollars" and you'll learn the *real* price of a gallon of gas.
Mitchell Holman
2006-07-06 12:43:12 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Governor Swill
By definition liberals are on the left, conservatives on the right.
The center shares some viewpoints of both sides to varying degrees.
That's why their centrists. You might be correct that liberalism is
more "mainstream" but it certainly is not centrist and even if
mainstream, that is an extremely recent change. The Reagan
Republicrat takeover of the Congress in 94 and White House in 2000 are
clear evidence that the center has been for well over two decades
leaning to the right.
And yet for that leaning to the right the
public STILL favors abortion rights, gun control,
environmental laws, regulations on business,
balanced budgets andother "leftist" programs.
Which is precisely why the GOP is in trouble now. They went too far.
Swill
GOP Lead Balloons:

Gay Marriage Amendment
Flag Burning Amendment
Social Security privatization
Estate Tax repeal

mega@volt.zap
2006-07-04 18:04:27 UTC
clear evidence that conservatives RULE!
tenjets
and a damn bad job they're doing, too!
Governor Swill
2006-07-04 18:03:52 UTC
Post by The Trucker
But when we cross the centerline to the right we find a group that claims to
have
perfect knowledge. We find a group that are convinced that their leaders
_KNOW_ the absolute definition of "good" and "evil". We find a group
that worships authority and will have nothing but submission to that authority.
And this is the absolute antithesis of freedom; the antithesis of liberty.
Agreed as long as you stipulate that they have the freedom to think
that way.

Christians almost universally support divorce as a viable solution to
marital woes. Divorce used to be wrong, period. In this the
acknowledge by practice shades of gray, but in their rhetoric, they
espouse only black and white on any issue. Why is it that the
religious right, in it's concern for marriage and family values allows
divorce as a social to go unchallenged, but would deny marriage to
those who they charge with promiscuity.

If the religious right is truly serious about family values, about
committed lifelong partnerships, about sexual fidelity and the role of
sex in committed relationships and the spread of STDs one might expect
them to support gay marriage in order to bring a new demographic into
the family values fold. One might also expect them to propose a
Divorce Amendment to the Constitution rather than a gay marriage one
in order to ban the practice and so force married couples to work out
their problems instead of evading them and so destroying their own
families and the invalidating the institution of marriage.

Swill
Follow the money. Google "petrodollars" and you'll learn the *real* price of a gallon of gas.
Secular Human
2006-07-01 20:56:37 UTC
Post by Steve
[...]
Deadheads are primarily working class people who like to drink and toke.
Are they that different from the Parrot heads?