One Month Ago Today, The Wing-Nuts Brutally Gunned Down Congresswoman Gabriel Giffords
Abel
2011-02-06 05:38:18 UTC
It was one month ago, on January 8, 2011, when Congresswoman Gabriel
Giffords was brutally gunned down, while she was holding a "Congress
on Your Corner" town-hall-like meeting in Tucson, Arizona. Gabby
Giffords was shot, point blank, in the head, with the bullet piercing
the left/front side of her skull, going clear thru, and exiting the
back side.

Gabby Gifford was the obvious target of this brutal attack, but 13
other people were also injured in this barbaric massacre, 6 people
were killed. Among those killed were a 9 year old girl (Christina-
Taylor Green), and a federal judge (John Roll).

Prior to the shooting, Gabriel Giffords had expressed some major
misgivings over the heated political rhetoric surrounding health care
reform. Watch this video, see her say it, in her own words,
especially at 2:10 onwards:

Doing the bidding for the health insurance industry, Sarah Palin and
her Republican co-horts, have been flooding the airwaves (especially
thru FOX and thru the AM hate radio band) with vitriolic propaganda,
they've called Obama "Hitler" and they accused Democrats of being
"Nazis" and then they used all that ballistic language and ballistic
rhetoric, and ballistic allegories, deliberately designed to incite
violence against those who support health care reform. And then there
have been all those endless series of outrageous lies, with
Republicans claiming that health care reform will lead to "death
panels", and abortions, and the loss of jobs and the end of the world
and on and on.

If there was anything good to come of this tragic shooting, in the
State of the Union address which Obama gave on January 25, 2011,
Democrats sat next to Republicans, rather than in segregated opposing
sections as they had in the past. Hopefully, this new found civility
will become a regular feature, as our government representatives work
together, solving our nation's pressing problems, together, rather
than childishly sit in completely opposite ends of a court where they
throw mudballs at each other. They need to talk to each other, learn
from each other, find common ground, and work together, in a civilized/
productive manner. This is EXACTLY what Gabriel Giffords wanted, more
than anyone else, based on her own e-mails and contacts and phone
calls and writings, she often expressed the need for the 2 different
political parties to come together and work together at solving
problems and establishing bipartisanship and civil discourse and all
that. Her dream is finally coming true.

Obama's very positive and uplifting State of the Union speech stood in
marked contrast to Sarah Palin's very ugly and defiant speech, where
she lashed out against those who have politely asked her to exhibit a
more civil discourse, she accused them of committing a "blood libel"
against her. What could be more opposite of the truth than this? But
that's what you can expect from Republicans, with everything that they
say and with everything that they do.

The term "blood libel" dates back to the 12th century, when Jews were
accused of killing Christian children and using their blood to bake
matzos for Passover. For centuries, this false claim was circulated
to incite anti-Semitism and justify pograms against Jews. It's
important to remember that Gabriel Giffords is herself Jewish, the
latest victim of this nepharious 21st century wing-nut hate machine.

If we can take all the lies, hate and vitriol out of the picture, then
something amazing begins to emerge, the TRUTH. Which is to say
that...

* we should do something about a medical system that sidelines the
mentally disturbed (from depression to schizophrenia), and

* we should do something about the easy availability of guns for
people who should never have them, and

* we should do something about the violent rhetoric heavily in use by
today's Republican wing-nut establishment.

There are some very gory and bloody scenes, from the site of the
massacre, in Tucson, Arizona, one month ago today, that have actually
been hidden from public view. There are still some more horrifying
pictures, still hidden from public view, of a Congresswoman who hangs
on to dear life, with her skull half removed so as to make room for a
swelling brain, with IV tubes injected into her arm so she can get
medicine, and with breathing tubes cut into her throat so that she can
breathe, and with feeding tubes cut into her stomache and so on. We
have to respect her privacy and that of her family, if they don't want
to show us those pictures, which we all hope and pray that she will
soon recover from. That's not how they want us to remember her as.
She will, God willing, make a speedy recovery, get reconstructive
surgery and rehabilitation and then get right back to work, as she
was.

But to imagine those pictures, it's something that we should ponder,
if we are to know what the shocking side effects are of the above
mentioned asterisks. Think about it.

Abel Malcolm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/05/3130695.htm?section=justin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Tucson_shooting
Phil
2011-02-06 18:51:57 UTC
On Feb 6, 12:38 am, Abel <***@hotmail.com> wrote:

Whoa! Hold on. Who were these wingnuts? I was told that it was one
solitary leftist sociopath who should have been incarcerated several
years ago.
http://youtu.be/R7046bo92a4
Phlip
2011-02-07 17:33:36 UTC
Post by Phil
Whoa! Hold on. Who were these wingnuts? I was told that it was one
solitary leftist sociopath who should have been incarcerated several
years ago.
Lone assassins try to become "anti-heroes" by assassinating someone
that the TV tells them is The Enemy.

Left or right doesn't enter into it, just what the TV tells them.

So blame the Liberal Controlled Media there...
Bert Hyman
2011-02-06 19:02:55 UTC
Post by Abel
If we can take all the lies, hate and vitriol out of the picture,
Then you'd have nothing to say.

But, why are you calling President Obama a liar?

... let us remember it is not because a simple lack of
civility caused this tragedy --it did not-- ...

Remarks by the President at a Memorial Service for the Victims of the
Shooting in Tucson, Arizona

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/01/12/remarks-president-barack-obama-memorial-service-victims-shooting-tucson
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN ***@iphouse.com
Eddie Haskell
2011-02-07 16:23:32 UTC
Post by Bert Hyman
Post by Abel
If we can take all the lies, hate and vitriol out of the picture,
Then you'd have nothing to say.
But, why are you calling President Obama a liar?
... let us remember it is not because a simple lack of
civility caused this tragedy --it did not-- ...
Remarks by the President at a Memorial Service for the Victims of the
Shooting in Tucson, Arizona
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/01/12/remarks-president-barack-obama-memorial-service-victims-shooting-tucson
http://www.zombietime.com/zomblog/?p=621

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/15/132965798/officials-tucson-victim-threatened-tea-party-leader

http://kerfuffles.blogspot.com/2011/01/dems-targeting-republicans-with-gun.html

"If they [republicans] bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun."

-Hussein

-Eddie Haskell
kolldata
2011-02-07 16:29:21 UTC
wild wild west
Eddie Haskell
2011-02-07 17:11:36 UTC
Post by kolldata
wild wild west
Little house on the Prairie.

-Eddie Haskell
Phlip
2011-02-07 17:51:27 UTC
Post by Abel
It was one month ago, on January 8, 2011, when Congresswoman Gabriel
Giffords was brutally gunned down, while she was holding a "Congress
on Your Corner" town-hall-like meeting in Tucson, Arizona.  Gabby
Giffords was shot, point blank, in the head, with the bullet piercing
the left/front side of her skull, going clear thru, and exiting the
back side.
One reason Sheriff Dupnik was so quick to blame Sarah Palin: He had
spent the last few months investigating Minuteman Shawna Forde, who
lead a group of terrorists to slaughter a local family for their
presumed money.

People defending Palin - and accusing Dupnik of (how shall we say?)
jumping the gun there - tend to obscure that little fact.