Fort Hood Finger Pointing Starts
SMITH29
2009-11-08 20:22:38 UTC
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
lein
2009-11-08 20:26:30 UTC
I suspect this will get  R E A L  lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
yeah, its kind of hard to make friends when all you talk about is how
great it is to strap on a suicide vest and blow up women and children
Yer Pal Al
2009-11-08 21:01:14 UTC
Post by lein
I suspect this will get  R E A L  lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
yeah, its kind of hard to make friends when all you talk about is how
great it is to strap on a suicide vest and blow up women and children
The Mosque should have been his "community." That's where his friends
should have been. Of course, as a Moslem, he's not going to join his
neighbors for a beer.
The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Sancho Panza
Cite? And none of the malt liquor stuff.
SMITH29
2009-11-08 22:21:11 UTC
Post by Sancho Panza
Post by The Wiz
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by lein
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
yeah, its kind of hard to make friends when all you talk about is how
great it is to strap on a suicide vest and blow up women and children
The Mosque should have been his "community." That's where his friends
should have been. Of course, as a Moslem, he's not going to join his
neighbors for a beer.
Obama drinks beer.
Cite? And none of the malt liquor stuff.
xxxx
Cite? what for?
Didn't he have a few friends to the Rose Garden to " have a beer" ?
It was on every network.
http://www.google.com/search?q=obama+beer+in+the+rose+garden&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7RNTN_en
And I for one see nothing wrong with it either.
Cut the man some slack for once!

29
Buerste
Why can't he cut my wallet some slack?
Alex DeLarge
DNC special.
SMITH29
2009-11-08 23:43:47 UTC
Post by Buerste
Post by SMITH29
Post by Sancho Panza
Post by The Wiz
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by lein
Post by SMITH29
[...]
Wallet? You still have one?
Hand it over....

29
Alex DeLarge
Least he wasn't drinkin' that snooty Stella...
SMITH29
2009-11-08 23:46:42 UTC
Post by Alex DeLarge
Post by SMITH29
Post by Sancho Panza
Post by The Wiz
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by lein
Post by SMITH29
[...]
Ever drink chicken beer?

29
The Wiz
2009-11-09 05:10:22 UTC
Post by Alex DeLarge
Post by SMITH29
Post by Sancho Panza
Post by The Wiz
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by lein
Post by SMITH29
[...]
Wait until John Hinckley finds out that Obama has been banging Jody
Foster like a screen door with a broken hinge.
Baxter
2009-11-08 23:46:34 UTC
-
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com
Clearly your memory has been fried by alcohol - or drugs.
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 00:54:55 UTC
Post by Sancho Panza
Post by The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Cite? And none of the malt liquor stuff.
Although some would not consider Bud Light actual beer...

http://tinyurl.com/yj37lxy

peace and justice,
The Wiz
2009-11-09 05:08:49 UTC
Post by Sancho Panza
Post by The Wiz
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by lein
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
yeah, its kind of hard to make friends when all you talk about is how
great it is to strap on a suicide vest and blow up women and children
The Mosque should have been his "community." That's where his friends
should have been. Of course, as a Moslem, he's not going to join his
neighbors for a beer.
Obama drinks beer.
Cite? And none of the malt liquor stuff.
Pandejo, he hosted the burglar looking leftist Negro professor and the
arresting officer to the White House, where Obama appeared on world wide
media
drinking a foreign beer. Were you in coma? Rehab? Had you head up your ass?
Yer Pal Al
2009-11-09 00:59:35 UTC
Post by The Wiz
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by lein
I suspect this will get  R E A L  lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
yeah, its kind of hard to make friends when all you talk about is how
great it is to strap on a suicide vest and blow up women and children
The Mosque should have been his "community." That's where his friends
should have been. Of course, as a Moslem, he's not going to join his
neighbors for a beer.
Obama drinks beer.
Bud Light isn't beer and I don't think he drank it anyway.

"Is it necessary to drink my own urine??.No but its sterile and i like
the taste." -BO
Baxter
2009-11-09 02:18:35 UTC
-
Gotta keep that conspiracy theory about Obama being a closet Muslim, right?
Yer Pal Al
2009-11-09 03:34:52 UTC
-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Bud Light isn't beer and I don't think he drank it anyway.
Gotta keep that conspiracy theory about Obama being a closet Muslim, right?
No, I don't have to:

"58% Say Next President Likely To Be Republican"

http://tinyurl.com/yes4hkw

I do it because it's true:

Clave
2009-11-09 03:40:33 UTC
-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Bud Light isn't beer and I don't think he drank it anyway.
Gotta keep that conspiracy theory about Obama being a closet Muslim, right?
No, I don't have to:

"58% Say Next President Likely To Be Republican"

http://tinyurl.com/yes4hkw

Why it's increasingly difficult to take Rasmussen polls seriously
July 07, 2009 12:49 pm ET by Eric Boehlert

The surveys seem to exist solely to advance GOP talking points. Meaning,
Rasmussen at times appears to function less as a legitimate polling firm and
more as the polling wing of the RNC. Today's new survey about Sarah Palin
and the repercussions of her "No mas" moment is a perfectly example.

I have no problem with the actual results per se, which are that 40 percent
of Republicans think her quitting the Alaska governorship will hurt her
chances to run for the White House in 2012. The bizarre part is that the
Rasmussen poll only asks Republican voters their opinion about Palin.
Independents and Democrats are of no interest to the GOP-centric Rasmussen.
(Just my hunch, but if those two voter groups had been included, I'm
guessing the final results would have between 70-80 percent of voters think
Palin's career move was a bad one.)

What kind of polling firm, while trying to take the country's temperature
about politics, only questions Republicans?

Meanwhile, in its write-up Rasmussen emphasized the RNC talking points about
how Palin has been subjected to "relentless and generally hostile media
coverage." (So the polling firm is now in the media criticism business?) Yet
Rasmussen only points to a late-night comedian for proof of "hostile media
coverage."

http://tinyurl.com/ylhkaf4
squirltok
2009-11-09 05:06:05 UTC
Post by Yer Pal Al
-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------�---------
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Bud Light isn't beer and I don't think he drank it anyway.
Gotta keep that conspiracy theory about Obama being a closet Muslim, right?
"58% Say Next President Likely To Be Republican"
http://tinyurl.com/yes4hkw
Why it's increasingly difficult to take Rasmussen polls seriously
July 07, 2009 12:49 pm ET by Eric Boehlert
The surveys seem to exist solely to advance GOP talking points. Meaning,
Rasmussen at times appears to function less as a legitimate polling firm and
more as the polling wing of the RNC. Today's new survey about Sarah Palin
and the repercussions of her "No mas" moment is a perfectly example.
Rasmussen, the polling that shows peoples current healthcare somehow
gets better each week.
Post by Yer Pal Al
I have no problem with the actual results per se, which are that 40 percent
of Republicans think her quitting the Alaska governorship will hurt her
chances to run for the White House in 2012. The bizarre part is that the
Rasmussen poll only asks Republican voters their opinion about Palin.
Independents and Democrats are of no interest to the GOP-centric Rasmussen.
(Just my hunch, but if those two voter groups had been included, I'm
guessing the final results would have between 70-80 percent of voters think
Palin's career move was a bad one.)
She doesn't care, she is just for $$$, her drill baby drill thing
flopped so she said I'm outa here
Post by Yer Pal Al
What kind of polling firm, while trying to take the country's temperature
about politics, only questions Republicans?
Meanwhile, in its write-up Rasmussen emphasized the RNC talking points about
how Palin has been subjected to "relentless and generally hostile media
coverage." (So the polling firm is now in the media criticism business?) Yet
Rasmussen only points to a late-night comedian for proof of "hostile media
coverage."
Right wingers play themselves as victims all the time, truly pathetic
political strategy.
http://tinyurl.com/ylhkaf4
Barack Hussein Bohica
2009-11-09 08:17:24 UTC
On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 19:34:52 -0800 (PST), Yer Pal Al
Post by Yer Pal Al
-
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­---------
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Bud Light isn't beer and I don't think he drank it anyway.
Gotta keep that conspiracy theory about Obama being a closet Muslim, right?
"58% Say Next President Likely To Be Republican"
http://tinyurl.com/yes4hkw
http://jtf.org/images/ObamaMuslim.jpg
http://crazydrumguy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/obama_muslim_garb.jpg
Muslim? Or in Aunt Jemima drag?
http://youtu.be/XKGdkqfBICw
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 05:36:36 UTC
Post by Baxter
Post by Yer Pal Al
Post by The Wiz
Obama drinks beer.
Bud Light isn't beer and I don't think he drank it anyway.
Gotta keep that conspiracy theory about Obama being a closet Muslim, right?
Whether or not Bud Light is beer, it's clearly alcoholic.

Ya' don't find Bud Light at the Riyadh Quickie Mart.

peace and justice,
Baxter
2009-11-08 23:42:30 UTC
-

Same thing if you're a Mormon.
SMITH29
2009-11-08 23:45:27 UTC
-
Post by Yer Pal Al
Of course, as a Moslem, he's not going to join his
neighbors for a beer.
Same thing if you're a Mormon.
xxxx
Mormons drink on the sly but they drink plenty.

29
hal lillywhite
2009-11-09 01:10:49 UTC
Post by SMITH29
Mormons drink on the sly but they drink plenty.
Call for references, and not just the jokes that go around.

While there are some "inactive" Mormons who drink alcohol, that is not
the general rule. In fact Utah is among the lowest per capita in
alcohol consumption by state. Of course not all Utah residents are
Mormons, nor are all Mormons in Utah but that has to mean something

www.niaaa.nih.gov/Resources/GraphicsGallery/consfigs4text.htm

Incidently, Oregon is among the highest states in per capita
consumption.
SMITH29
2009-11-09 01:58:59 UTC
http://alcoholism.about.com/library/nconsum04.htm

29
SMITH29
2009-11-09 02:32:47 UTC
Post by hal lillywhite
Post by SMITH29
Mormons drink on the sly but they drink plenty.
Call for references, and not just the jokes that go around.
While there are some "inactive" Mormons who drink alcohol, that is not
the general rule. In fact Utah is among the lowest per capita in
alcohol consumption by state. Of course not all Utah residents are
Mormons, nor are all Mormons in Utah but that has to mean something
www.niaaa.nih.gov/Resources/GraphicsGallery/consfigs4text.htm
xxxx
Each Utah resident drinks 20 gallons of beer annually.
That's just beer alone.
It's lower than us Neanderthal knuckle dragger's but being smack dab in
the center of the Mormon belt I'm thinking the majority of residents are
indeed Mormon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_Corridor
One positive attribute is they tend to take care of themselves in many
cases....

29
consumption.
hal lillywhite
2009-11-09 04:01:15 UTC
Post by SMITH29
Each Utah resident drinks 20 gallons of beer annually.
That's just beer alone.
Reference? Not true in any case, such statistics are *averages* and
say little or nothing about what any individual in that group does.
Post by SMITH29
It's lower than us Neanderthal knuckle dragger's
As I say, Utah has a much lower than average alcohol consumption.
Almost certainly that is due to the Mormon culture providing a lot of
teetotalers who bring the average down. As Smith29's link documents,
Utah has about 70% who do not drink alcohol at all. Rather in
contrast to the claim that Mormons drink.
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 06:03:56 UTC
Post by hal lillywhite
Post by SMITH29
Each Utah resident drinks 20 gallons of beer annually.
That's just beer alone.
Reference? Not true in any case,
True in any case.

http://www.beerinfo.com/index.php/pages/beerstateconsumption.html
Post by SMITH29
It's lower than us Neanderthal knuckle dragger's
As I say, Utah has a much lower than average alcohol consumption.
Almost certainly that is due to the Mormon culture providing a lot of
teetotalers who bring the average down. As Smith29's link documents,
Utah has about 70% who do not drink alcohol at all. Rather in
contrast to the claim that Mormons drink.
Well Utah is about 2/3rds Mormon while its beer consumption is about
2/3rds the national average.

Either the non-Mormon population of Utah is swilling Budweiser at about
double the national average or some of the Mormons are taking a swig or
two (or three) now and then.

peace and justice,
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 01:02:50 UTC
-
Post by Yer Pal Al
Of course, as a Moslem, he's not going to join his
neighbors for a beer.
Same thing if you're a Mormon.
Or a Seventh Day Adventist.

peace and justice,
Alex DeLarge
2009-11-08 20:29:39 UTC
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
Agreed.

But for spooky parallels, what are the chances he rents an apartment
from a guy named Jose Padilla?!?

"Hasan found the apartment through an advertisement in the Killeen Daily
Herald, said Jose Padilla, a retired Army man who owns the complex. "
The Wiz
2009-11-08 21:43:44 UTC
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
We shouldn't jump to conclusions and mention that the fuckwit is a
Muslim extemist who believed suicide bombers were justified.
I hope they turn him into a human plumb bob, like his idol Hussein.
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 00:30:38 UTC
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".

Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.

peace and justice,
hal lillywhite
2009-11-09 01:15:34 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
I suspect this will get  R E A L  lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".
Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.
True and I know of no reliable evidence that "quiet loners" are all
that likely to go postal. More significant red flags would be the
reports that he was expressing great sympathy with the terrorists and
severe disagreement with the US going after them. Seems a bit much to
expect someone with those beliefs to work for the defense of his
country if those reports are true.
tdny
2009-11-09 04:44:22 UTC

Horror at Fort Hood Inspires Horribly Predictable Islamophobia

By John Nichols

November 06, 2009 "The Nation" --

Thursday's shootings at Fort Hood army base in Texas --
which have left at least 11 people dead and 31 others wounded --
were of course the "horrific outburst of violence"
that President Obama bemoaned and condemned Thursday.

But, because a soldier identified as the gunman had
a name that led to the presumption that he was Muslim,
the incident inspired an all-too-predictable outbreak of Islamophobia.

News reports named the man who used two handguns
in the assault on his fellow soldiers at a base
that is a prime point of departure for troops
headed to Iraq and Afghanistan as Major Malik Nidal Hasan.

The major, who was wounded during the incident,
was reportedly a psychiatrist who had served in
the Department of Psychology at the Center for
the Study of Traumatic Stress at the Bethesda
Naval Facility in Bethesda, Maryland,
before his transfer to Fort Hood.

Hours after the incident,
and hours after news anchors and politicians cited
his religion as an explanation for the shootings,
a family member told reporters Major Hasan was indeed a Muslim.

But that was hardly the only relevant detail about the major.

For instance, according to Texas Senator Bailey Hutchison,
preparing to deploy to Iraq. However, the senator said,

"I do know that he has been known to have told
people that he was upset about going (to Iraq)."

Several new reports suggested that the major saw
a deployment to Iraq as his "worst nightmare" and
recounted how he had treated victims of combat-related
stress and was upset about the war.

Military officials at the base and in Washington
refused to speculate about motivations or intents.

And Paul Sullivan,
executive director of the group Veterans for Common Sense,
noted that the incident might well be the latest in a series
of stress-related homicides and suicides involving soldiers
who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan or are being dispatched
to those occupied lands.

No one knew on Thursday whether stress, fear,
anger over mistreatment, mental illness or a
warped understanding of his religion might
have motivated Major Hasan.

The point here is not to defend the
soldier or his alleged actions.

Rather, it is to question the rush to
judgment regarding not just this one
Muslim but all Muslims.

It should be understood that to assume a
follower of Islam who engages in violence
is a jihadist is every bit as absurd to
assume that every follower of Christianity
who attacks others is a crusader.

The calculus makes no sense, and is rooted
in a bigotry that everyone from George W.
Bush to Pope Benedict XVI has condemned.

But that did not stop right-wing web sites
from exploding with incendiary speculation
about a "Jihad at Fort Hood?" and a "Terrorist Incident in Texas."

Fox News host Shepard Smith asked
Senator Hutchison on air:

"The name tells us a lot, does it not, senator?"

Hutchinson's response?

"It does.

It does, Shepard."

Neither Smith nor Hutchison had any information
to suggest that Major Hasan's name offered even
the slightest shred of information regarding the
incident at Fort Hood.

What could Hutchinson have said that might
have been more responsible response?

She could have emphasized that the
investigation of the shooting spree
has barely begun.

She might also have noted that thousands
of Muslims serve honorably, indeed heroically,
in the U.S. military;

that American Muslim soldiers have
died In Iraq and been buried
at Arlington Cemetery;

that some of the
first condemnations of the slayings
at Fort Hood came from Muslim veterans
such as Robert Salaam.

"I'm sad for those killed and wounded by
a traitor to both God and our country,
and I regret that I even feel that I have
to write something on the subject.

Words cannot express my emotions and
the instant headache I received when
notified by my dear sister Sheila Musaji
over at The American Muslim (TAM) concerning
the alleged culprit," wrote Salaam,

who served in the Marine Corps,
within minutes after learning the gunman's name.

"They have not yet released further details
such as the motive but I will state for the
record that no true Muslim could ever commit
such a crime against humanity.

As Muslims we are reminded that to
take one innocent life is as if one
killed all of mankind.

Muslims are also commanded to
keep their oaths when given."

Salaam is not alone in regretting that, as a Muslim,
he feels a need to respond to the incident with an
explanation of his religion.

But the conversation between Fox's Smith
and Senator Hutchinson reminds us why it
is necessary to respond.

And so Muslim groups have
responded quickly and unequivocally.

The Council on American-Islamic Relations,
the nation's largest Muslim civil rights
and advocacy group, issued a statement that read:

"We condemn this cowardly attack in the
strongest terms possible and ask that the
perpetrators be punished to the full extent
of the law.

No religious or political ideology could
ever justify or excuse such wanton and
indiscriminate violence.

The attack was particularly heinous in
that it targeted the all-volunteer army
that protects our nation.

American Muslims stand with our fellow
citizens in offering both prayers for
the victims and sincere condolences to
the families of those killed or injured."

Salam Al-Marayati,
executive director of the Muslim
Public Affairs Council, declared that,

"Our entire organization extends its heartfelt
condolences to the families of those killed as
well as to those wounded and their loved ones.

We stand in solidarity with law enforcement
and the US military to maintain the safety
and security of all Americans."

Those are sentiments that are worth noting,
especially by news anchors and senators who
are in a position to inform the discussion
of a horrific incident -- rather than to inflame it.

John Nichols is Washington correspondent for
The Nation and associate editor of The Capital
Times in Madison, Wisconsin.
The Wiz
2009-11-09 05:15:59 UTC
Post by hal lillywhite
Post by Bill Shatzer
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".
Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.
True and I know of no reliable evidence that "quiet loners" are all
that likely to go postal. More significant red flags would be the
reports that he was expressing great sympathy with the terrorists and
severe disagreement with the US going after them. Seems a bit much to
expect someone with those beliefs to work for the defense of his
country if those reports are true.
More red flags that he was a Muslim radical, and anti-American, who
believed in death to non-Muslims. When they hang this dog eating coward,
he should be wrapped in pig skin and buried with his eyes open.
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 05:21:39 UTC
Post by hal lillywhite
Post by Bill Shatzer
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".
Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.
True and I know of no reliable evidence that "quiet loners" are all
that likely to go postal.
The universe of mass shooters is sufficiently small (compared to the
overall population) that no group or personality type can be said to be
"likely" to go postal. Still, "quiet loners" seem to be involved in an
inordinate number of these "stranger to stranger" mass shootings.
Post by hal lillywhite
More significant red flags would be the
reports that he was expressing great sympathy with the terrorists and
severe disagreement with the US going after them.
I suspect that's more just another symptom of the "quiet loner" syndrome.
Post by hal lillywhite
Seems a bit much to
expect someone with those beliefs to work for the defense of his
country if those reports are true.
Well, it's not as if anyone was going to hand him a machine gun and tell
him to go out and kill Muslims. He was a psychiatrist, for gawdsakes -
and rather unlikely to see anything at all which even resembled combat.

I mean, "Hawkeye" Pierce was not exactly a gung ho supporter of either
the war or the Army but still managed to function more than adequately
as an Army Surgeon.

peace and justice,
The Wiz
2009-11-09 05:13:34 UTC
Post by Bill Shatzer
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".
Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.
peace and justice,
Except that this guy was a Muslim radical. An anti-American Mohammad
loving, towel headed freak. He followed a religion that advocates
killing non-Muslims, and he said that Muslim suicide bombers were
justified.
Bill Shatzer
2009-11-09 06:24:35 UTC
Post by The Wiz
Post by Bill Shatzer
Post by SMITH29
I suspect this will get R E A L lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".
Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.
Except that this guy was a Muslim radical. An anti-American Mohammad
loving, towel headed freak. He followed a religion that advocates
killing non-Muslims, and he said that Muslim suicide bombers were
justified.
They are ALL some sort of nut case.

The particular flavor of nutcase is not all that important.

peace and justice,
Yer Pal Al
2009-11-09 08:48:52 UTC
Post by The Wiz
Post by Bill Shatzer
I suspect this will get  R E A L  lame before it's over.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33766545/ns/us_news-washington_post
"Quiet loner".
Rather the standard after the fact description of folks who engage in
these types of shootings, quite regardless of their religion.
peace and justice,
Except that this guy was a Muslim radical. An anti-American Mohammad
loving, towel headed freak. He followed a religion that advocates
killing non-Muslims, and he said that Muslim suicide bombers were
justified.
He was a loaner because he was a devout Moslem and 98% of the country
couldn't relate to him. Why he was a loaner at his Mosque indicates
his personality problem and the failure of his Mosque to get him
connected.