Why vote for Scott Brown? Let me count the ways
1-20-2013
2010-01-14 06:05:59 UTC
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/columnists/view.bg?articleid=1225238&srvc=next_article

Howie Carr lists many reasons why Massachusetts voters should vote for
Scott Brown:

Why vote for Scott Brown? Let me count the ways
Howie Carr By Howie Carr
Wednesday, January 13, 2010

You may be a Scott Brown voter if:

* Unlike Martha Coakley’s campaign, you know how to spell
“Massachusetts.”
* You’ve already voted absentee, and you’re urging all your friends
to do the same by Friday, just in case.
* You think maybe Martha should be spending more time chasing
criminals and less time chasing old ladies in their garden clubs.
* You know at least a few people who voted for Obama in 2008 who
are now planning to use their ballot Tuesday to “repent.”
* You’re wondering why last week liberals were so angry that the
word “Negro” was listed on the 2010 census form, but now that Harry Reid
uses it . . . nothing to see here, folks, move along.
* You’re appalled that ex-Lynn Mayor Chip Clancy, who was fired by
the voters in November, is now at age 59 going to collect a
$79,200-a-year public pension, with survivor’s benefits for his wife,
who by the way has a hack job of her own in the court system making
$84,869.90 a year.
* You belong to a union, and they’re telling you to vote for Martha
Coakley, and when you ask your pinky-ring thug business agent about the
40 percent tax she wants to impose on your “Cadillac” health plan, he
slowly takes the stogie out of his mouth and says, Forget about it, da
boys will take of all-a youse.
* You’re puzzled as to who killed the three U.S. soldiers in
Afghanistan on Monday, because Martha Coakley said there aren’t any
terrorists there anymore.
* You heard that the Amish are going to be exempt from the
Obama-Coakley health rationing, and you’re wondering, how does one
become Amish?
* You can’t believe any Republican would ever agree to let David
Rodham Gergen moderate another debate.
* You’re angry that, when you had to take a pay cut in 2009 to keep
your job, the Democrats on Beacon Hill jacked up the sales tax by 25
percent.
* You know Martha Coakley lost the debate when you hear her Kool-
Aid drinking sob-sister supporters comparing her performance favorably
to . . . Shannon O’Brien’s.
* You’re wondering why the cops, who should know Martha Coakley
best, are all endorsing Scott Brown.
* You’re thinking that maybe, just in case, you should lay in some
champagne for Tuesday - and does anyone else need anything while you’re
up in New Hampshire?
YouKidding?
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
* Unlike Martha Coakley¹s campaign, you know how to spell
³Massachusetts.²
* You¹ve already voted absentee, and you¹re urging all your friends
to do the same by Friday, just in case.
* You think maybe Martha should be spending more time chasing
criminals and less time chasing old ladies in their garden clubs.
* You know at least a few people who voted for Obama in 2008 who
are now planning to use their ballot Tuesday to ³repent.²
* You¹re wondering why last week liberals were so angry that the
word ³Negro² was listed on the 2010 census form, but now that Harry Reid
uses it . . . nothing to see here, folks, move along.
* You¹re appalled that ex-Lynn Mayor Chip Clancy, who was fired by
the voters in November, is now at age 59 going to collect a
$79,200-a-year public pension, with survivor¹s benefits for his wife,
who by the way has a hack job of her own in the court system making
$84,869.90 a year.
* You belong to a union, and they¹re telling you to vote for Martha
Coakley, and when you ask your pinky-ring thug business agent about the
40 percent tax she wants to impose on your ³Cadillac² health plan, he
slowly takes the stogie out of his mouth and says, Forget about it, da
boys will take of all-a youse.
* You¹re puzzled as to who killed the three U.S. soldiers in
Afghanistan on Monday, because Martha Coakley said there aren¹t any
terrorists there anymore.
* You heard that the Amish are going to be exempt from the
Obama-Coakley health rationing, and you¹re wondering, how does one
become Amish?
* You can¹t believe any Republican would ever agree to let David
Rodham Gergen moderate another debate.
* You¹re angry that, when you had to take a pay cut in 2009 to keep
your job, the Democrats on Beacon Hill jacked up the sales tax by 25
percent.
* You know Martha Coakley lost the debate when you hear her Kool-
Aid drinking sob-sister supporters comparing her performance favorably
to . . . Shannon O¹Brien¹s.
* You¹re wondering why the cops, who should know Martha Coakley
best, are all endorsing Scott Brown.
* You¹re thinking that maybe, just in case, you should lay in some
champagne for Tuesday - and does anyone else need anything while you¹re
up in New Hampshire?
Anything positive about Scott Brown or is it all just negatives about
his opponent? In other words, what are his ideas for curing the
country's ills, outside of the Republican rhetoric?

YK

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---
1-20-2013
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
[...]
Absolutely!!!! He will become a *republican* US senator from
Massachusetts on January 19 - thus ending the democratic super-majority
in the US Senate!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now *THATS* positive!!!!!! ;^D
Slo
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
[...]
Democrats don't have a supermajority in the Senate. Ya ever heard of
Joe Lieberman, Party of One?
1-20-2013
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
[...]
Hope this helps:

www.brownforussenate.com

Why I'm Running...
America is a great country but we also have some challenges that we need
to solve if we're going to remain the world's superpower. The most
important of our challenges is getting the U.S. economy moving again.
People are hurting as they struggle to make ends meet. They're worried
about their future, and that of their children and grandchildren. I want
to ensure that we leave them an America that is financially stronger and
independent: minus a national debt that we can never repay.

Health Care
I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage, but I am
opposed to the health care legislation that is under consideration in
Congress and will vote against it. It will raise taxes, increase
government spending and lower the quality of care, especially for elders
on Medicare. I support strengthening the existing private market system
with policies that will drive down costs and make it easier for people
to purchase affordable insurance. In Massachusetts, I support the 2006
healthcare law that was successful in expanding coverage, but I also
recognize that the state must now turn its attention to controlling costs.

Economy
I am a free enterprise advocate who believes that lower taxes can
encourage economic growth. Raising taxes stifles growth, weakens the
economy and puts more people out of work. Our economy works best when
individuals have more of their income to spend, and businesses have
money to invest and add jobs. I have been a fiscal watchdog in the state
legislature fighting bigger government, higher taxes and wasteful spending.

Energy and Environment
I support common-sense environment policy that will help to reduce
pollution and preserve our precious open spaces. I realize that without
action now, future generations will be left to clean up the mess we
leave. In order to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, I support
reasonable and appropriate development of alternative energy sources
such as wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal and improved hydroelectric
facilities. I oppose a national cap and trade program because of the
higher costs that families and businesses would incur.

Education
I am passionate about improving the quality of our public schools.
Accountability and high standards are paramount. I support choice
through charter schools, as well as the MCAS exam as a graduation
requirement. I have worked to ensure that all children have access to a
quality education. I am a strong advocate for the METCO program, which
provides lower income students with broader educational opportunities.

Immigration
I recognize that our strength as a nation is built on the immigrant
experience in America. I welcome legal immigration to this country.
However, we are also a nation of laws and government should not adopt
policies that encourage illegal immigration. Providing driver’s licenses
and in-state tuition to illegal immigrant families will act as a magnet
in drawing more people here in violation of the law and it will impose
new costs on taxpayers. I oppose amnesty, and I believe we ought to
strengthen our border enforcement and institute an employment
verification system with penalties for companies that hire illegal
immigrants.

Veterans
As a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army National Guard, I am uniquely aware
of the importance and sacrifice of our men and women serving in the
military. I have been a vigorous supporter of legislation providing
benefits to returning service members, as well as, benefits for the
families of those killed in action. I believe we need to recognize the
sacrifice of all of our servicemembers by keeping better track of
returning military personnel so they get the services they deserve. That
includes providing them with first-class medical care and other benefits
to which they are entitled. I am known as a leader on veterans' issues
through my work on the Veterans and Federal Affairs Committee, the
Hidden Wounds of War Commission, and the Governor's Task Force on
Returning Veterans.

Gun issues
I support the Second Amendment and believe that citizens have the right
to keep and bear arms as a basic constitutional liberty. I support safe
and responsible gun ownership.

Death penalty
I believe there are some crimes that are so heinous that they deserve
capital punishment. Our Government should have the ability to impose the
death penalty in cases where it is justified.

Abortion
While this decision should ultimately be made by the woman in
consultation with her doctor, I believe we need to reduce the number of
abortions in America. I believe government has the responsibility to
regulate in this area and I support parental consent and notification
requirements and I oppose partial birth abortion. I also believe there
are people of good will on both sides of the issue and we ought to work
together to support and promote adoption as an alternative to abortion.

Marriage
I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. States should be free
to make their own laws in this area, so long as they reflect the
people's will as expressed through them directly, or as expressed
through their elected representatives.

Israel
Israel has made enormous sacrifices in an attempt to secure peace –
including unilateral withdrawal from Gaza. I support a two-state
solution that reaffirms Israel’s right to exist and provides the
Palestinians with a place of their own where both sides can live in
peace and security. As our closest ally in the Middle East, Israel
lives every day under the threat of terror yet shares with America a
dedication to democratic ideals, a respect for faith, and a commitment
to peace in the region. Until a lasting peace is achieved, I support the
security barrier erected by Israel which has proven successful in
protecting Israeli civilians from terrorist attacks.

Iran
I support the bi-partisan Iran sanctions bill and believe that until
Ahmadinejad gives up his nuclear ambitions he should be isolated from
the rest of the world. With its reckless pursuit of nuclear weapons,
Iran represents the biggest threat to Israel. Ahmadinejad is a Holocaust
denier who has threatened to wipe Israel off the map. Meeting with him
confers legitimacy when the only correct response is to treat him as an
outcast. A personal meeting with Ahmadinejad, as suggested by my
opponent, would embolden him and be used as a propaganda tool to
strengthen his position.
Dr. Barry Worthington
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
[...]
Really???? You don't say!!!!
Post by 1-20-2013
People are hurting as they struggle to make ends meet. They're worried
about their future, and that of their children and grandchildren. I want
to ensure that we leave them an America that is financially stronger and
independent: minus a national debt that we can never repay.
Well, bully for you! Now, how, exactly, do you think that this wll be
achieved?
(By the way, debt levels are not as high as the 1940s or the
1950s.....)
Post by 1-20-2013
Health Care
I believe that all Americans deserve health care coverage, but I am
opposed to the health care legislation that is under consideration in
Congress and will vote against it.
I am surprised....
Post by 1-20-2013
It will raise taxes, increase
government spending and lower the quality of care, especially for elders
on Medicare.
Why do you think this will be the case?
Post by 1-20-2013
I support strengthening the existing private market system
with policies that will drive down costs and make it easier for people
to purchase affordable insurance.
Such as?
Post by 1-20-2013
In Massachusetts, I support the 2006
healthcare law that was successful in expanding coverage, but I also
recognize that the state must now turn its attention to controlling costs.
If you are in favour of wider health care coverage in your State,
what's wrong with a comprehensive national scheme?
Post by 1-20-2013
Economy
I am a free enterprise advocate who believes that lower taxes can
encourage economic growth.
What makes you think that that will be effective in the present
economic climate?
Post by 1-20-2013
Raising taxes stifles growth, weakens the
economy and puts more people out of work.
It depends who or what is being taxed. What's wrong with borrowing?
Post by 1-20-2013
Our economy works best when
individuals have more of their income to spend, and businesses have
money to invest and add jobs. I have been a fiscal watchdog in the state
legislature fighting bigger government, higher taxes and wasteful spending.
Oh dear! You appear to have the economic mentality of a grocer. One
thing that you don't do in a depression is to opt for deflationary
policies. We learnt that in the 1930s. Can someone send him a
secondhand copy of Skidelsky, or even Samuelson?
Post by 1-20-2013
Energy and Environment
I support common-sense environment policy that will help to reduce
pollution and preserve our precious open spaces. I realize that without
action now, future generations will be left to clean up the mess we
leave. In order to reduce our dependence on foreign oil, I support
reasonable and appropriate development of alternative energy sources
such as wind, solar, nuclear, geothermal and improved hydroelectric
facilities.
So far, so good. But why not make energy conservation projects part of
a stimulus package? That's called 'joined up thinking'.
Post by 1-20-2013
I oppose a national cap and trade program because of the
higher costs that families and businesses would incur.
That's known as trying to have your cake and eating it....
Post by 1-20-2013
Education
I am passionate about improving the quality of our public schools.
Accountability and high standards are paramount. I support choice
through charter schools, as well as the MCAS exam as a graduation
requirement. I have worked to ensure that all children have access to a
quality education. I am a strong advocate for the METCO program, which
provides lower income students with broader educational opportunities.
But if you spent more on the public system....and listened to teachers
instead of administrators and bureaucrats....

And now he starts appealing to what he thinks is his constituency,
though I doubt whether most people really care about these issues...
Post by 1-20-2013
Immigration
I recognize that our strength as a nation is built on the immigrant
experience in America. I welcome legal immigration to this country.
However, we are also a nation of laws and government should not adopt
policies that encourage illegal immigration. Providing driver s licenses
and in-state tuition to illegal immigrant families will act as a magnet
in drawing more people here in violation of the law and it will impose
new costs on taxpayers. I oppose amnesty, and I believe we ought to
strengthen our border enforcement and institute an employment
verification system with penalties for companies that hire illegal
immigrants.
But if illegal immigrants prove to be productive citizens, why not
take them for what they are? And why penalise children? It's not their
fault...
Post by 1-20-2013
[...]
And if it makes a mistake?
Post by 1-20-2013
Abortion
While this decision should ultimately be made by the woman in
consultation with her doctor, I believe we need to reduce the number of
abortions in America.
You might do that with better sex education and free contraception...
Post by 1-20-2013
I believe government has the responsibility to
regulate in this area and I support parental consent and notification
requirements and I oppose partial birth abortion.
Why?
Post by 1-20-2013
+I also believe there
are people of good will on both sides of the issue and we ought to work
together to support and promote adoption as an alternative to abortion.
Marriage
I believe marriage is between a man and a woman. States should be free
to make their own laws in this area, so long as they reflect the
people's will as expressed through them directly, or as expressed
through their elected representatives.
But that won't work. You have to have a national defintion of civil
unions in this matter.
Post by 1-20-2013
Israel
What has this got to do with an American election? This is bizarre...
Post by 1-20-2013
[...]
Israel???????

Ahmadinejad is a Holocaust
Post by 1-20-2013
denier who has threatened to wipe Israel off the map. Meeting with him
confers legitimacy when the only correct response is to treat him as an
outcast.  A personal meeting with Ahmadinejad, as suggested by my
opponent, would embolden him and be used as a propaganda tool to
strengthen his position.
Sorry, but I wouldn't vote for him....

Dr. Barry Worthington

Dr. Barry Worthington
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Post by 1-20-2013
denier who has threatened to wipe Israel off the map. Meeting with him
confers legitimacy when the only correct response is to treat him as an
outcast.  A personal meeting with Ahmadinejad, as suggested by my
opponent, would embolden him and be used as a propaganda tool to
strengthen his position.
Sorry, but I wouldn't vote for him....
Dr. Barry Worthington
And will you do me the courtesy of a reply?

Sueki Tartridge
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
[...]
Better yet. What is her plan?? More of the same?
Lobbyists,payoffs,bribes,union thugs,ACORN,SEIU,community
organisers,strongarming opponents,shoving laws down our throats that
nobody wants ??
James Of Tucson
2010-01-14 16:39:55 UTC
Are you, personally, registered to vote in Massachusetts?
1-20-2013
2010-01-14 16:43:15 UTC
Yes.
ArmyOfDorkness
2010-01-14 21:47:51 UTC
Start practicing "My state senators name is Martha Coakley"
1-20-2013
2010-01-15 00:39:36 UTC
Post by ArmyOfDorkness
Post by James Of Tucson
Are you, personally, registered to vote in Massachusetts?
Yes.
Start practicing "My state senators name is Martha Coakley"
In any ordinary year...you'd be 100% on target. In ordinary years, the
democrat is an automatic win.

However, *this* is no ordinary year ;^D

Scott Brown *WILL* defeat the democrat on January 19 by at least 5
points. Wouldn't even be surprised to see Scott Brown win by 10 points
or more...but ACORN and the SEIU will make that a bit tricky with their
democratic voter fraud.

Just think....next week at this time we will be able to officially say:

US Senator Scott Brown (R-Massachusetts)!!!!! How *effing* GREAT does
*that* sound!!!?!???!!!!!?!!!!!?!!!!??!!!

GO SCOTT BROWN!!!!!!!!!!
James Of Tucson
2010-01-15 01:41:54 UTC
Post by 1-20-2013
Scott Brown *WILL* defeat the democrat on January 19 by at least 5
points.
Is that your opinion, or do you have some information that you should
be sharing with the FBI?
1-20-2013
2010-01-15 01:58:47 UTC
Post by James Of Tucson
Post by 1-20-2013
Scott Brown *WILL* defeat the democrat on January 19 by at least 5
points.
Is that your opinion, or do you have some information that you should
be sharing with the FBI?
Pretty much opinion. But driving around Massachusetts there are Scott
Brown signs EVERYWHERE. People that *never* get involved in politics are
pumped and jacked to vote for Scott Brown on Tuesday!!!

My parents - life long democrats who still have Obama stickers on their
car and NEVER vote for republicans.....are enthusiastically voting for
Scott Brown.

Scott Brown quite simply *IS* going to win on Tuesday!!!
Orval Fairbairn
2010-01-15 04:26:00 UTC
Post by ArmyOfDorkness
Post by James Of Tucson
Are you, personally, registered to vote in Massachusetts?
Yes.
Start practicing "My state senators name is Martha Coakley"
That ended when Coakley's staffer pushed the reporter down against the
fence last night. That episode really won her a lot of votes!

Brown also has far more charisma than Coakley. His answer to the
question,

"Why are you running for Ted kennedy's seat?"

A: "It isn't a Kenendy seat or a Democratic seat -- it is the people of
Massacheussets' seat." sums it up.
YouKidding?
2010-01-15 14:43:29 UTC
In article
Post by Orval Fairbairn
Post by ArmyOfDorkness
Post by James Of Tucson
Are you, personally, registered to vote in Massachusetts?
Yes.
Start practicing "My state senators name is Martha Coakley"
That ended when Coakley's staffer pushed the reporter down against the
fence last night. That episode really won her a lot of votes!
Brown also has far more charisma than Coakley. His answer to the
question,
"Why are you running for Ted kennedy's seat?"
A: "It isn't a Kenendy seat or a Democratic seat -- it is the people of
Massacheussets' seat." sums it up.
It will become a "Republican" seat if he is elected.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ***@netfront.net ---