Kamela Harris on 60 minutes = FAIL
Add Reply
NoBody
2024-10-08 17:34:54 UTC
Vice President Kamala Harris was pressed by CBS News' Bill Whitaker
about whether it was a "mistake" for the Biden administration to go
soft on its border policies during a tense exchange on Monday's
special election episode of "60 Minutes."

"You recently visited the southern border and embraced President
Biden's recent crackdown on asylum seekers, and that crackdown
produced an almost immediate and dramatic decrease in the number of
border crossings," Whitaker said. "If that's the right answer now, why
didn't your administration take those steps in 2021?"

"The first bill we proposed to Congress was to fix our broken
immigration system, knowing that if you want to actually fix it, we
need Congress to act. It was not taken up," Harris responded. "Fast
forward to a moment when a bipartisan group of members of the United
States Senate, including one of the most conservative members of the
United States Senate, got together, came up with a border security
bill.

"Well, guess what happened? Donald Trump got word that this bill was
afoot and could be passed, and he wants to run on a problem instead of
fixing a problem. So he told his buddies in Congress, 'Kill the bill,
don't let it move forward.'"

"I've been covering the border for years, and so I know this is not a
problem that started with your administration," Whitaker said. "But
there was an historic flood of undocumented immigrants coming across
the border the first three years of your administration. As a matter
of fact, arrivals quadrupled from the last year of President Trump."

"Was it a mistake to loosen the immigration policies as much as you
did?" Whitaker then asked.

"It's a long-standing problem, and solutions are at hand, and from day
one, literally, we have been offering solutions," Harris responded.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/60-minutes-asks-harris-whether-mistake-biden-admin-go-soft-border-vp-repeatedly-dodges?fbclid=IwY2xjawFyTABleHRuA2FlbQIxMQABHU7b1A3i67zYH1ZuuRcDgOkGCtU25HYve9RL5lNUqEw1DXjdyJOP88WFjg_aem_oRywo9a6LtumpPT67x6Nsw

No she has not offered solutions. That bill did nothing to strengthen
the border and repeating the lie doesn't make it true.
Alan
2024-10-08 17:40:38 UTC
Post by NoBody
[...]
If the bill did nothing to strengthen the border...

...why did Trump want it killed?
Skeeter
What a dumb question.
Alan
Explain why you think so.
Skeeter
2024-10-08 22:48:02 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Why would he support a border bill that had very little to do with the
border?
Alan
If it was as terrible as was claimed, why would he oppose it?
Skeeter
Nice flip.
Alan
2024-10-09 00:13:43 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
It's my original question.

Trump killed this bill...

...because he wanted to keep things as bad as he could at the border...

...to help him win an election.

'“A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left
Democrats,” Trump said in a statement on Thursday. “They need it
politically.”'

<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/27/trump-border-biden/>
Skeeter
2024-10-09 02:27:12 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Or it was full of pork.
WAPO = bullshit
Alan
2024-10-09 02:47:42 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
You can find the text and show that if you want.
You think they made up the quote, doofus?
Skeeter
Doesn't matter.
Alan
2024-10-09 20:33:17 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
'?A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left
Democrats,? Trump said in a statement on Thursday. ?They need it
politically.?'
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/27/trump-border-biden/>
WAPO = bullshit
You think they made up the quote, doofus?
Doesn't matter.
It does matter.

If you don't actually believe it was made up, then what does it matter
where I got the quote?

'Former President Trump is dismissing an emerging Senate border funding
deal, calling it ineffective in securing the border and warning it would
be "another gift to the Radical Left Democrats."

"A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left Democrats.
They need it politically, but don’t care about our Border," he said on
Truth Social.'

<https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-slams-senate-border-package-gift-radical-left-democrats>

'Meanwhile, Harris noted that Trump played "a pivotal role and killed a
bipartisan border security bill." Trump himself said in a January
statement that "a border deal now would be another gift to the radical
left Democrats. They need it politically, but don’t care about our
border. What is currently being worked on in the Senate will be
meaningless in terms of border Security and closure."'

<https://x.com/NewsHour/status/1833930471043903944>

'“A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left
Democrats,” Trump said on social media on Friday. “They need it

<https://time.com/6589254/border-biden-texas-trump/>
Skeeter
Doesn't matter.
NoBody
2024-10-09 11:43:21 UTC
On Tue, 8 Oct 2024 20:27:12 -0600, Skeeter
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
'?A Border Deal now would be another Gift to the Radical Left
Democrats,? Trump said in a statement on Thursday. ?They need it
politically.?'
<https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/27/trump-border-biden/>
WAPO = bullshit
Notice that Alan has spent his time writing about anything other than
Kamela's poor 60 minutes interview?
NoBody
"Alan" is increasing a waste of time.
Bi-valve Mollusk
Hello, McFly!
NoBody
2024-10-09 11:41:17 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Because it spent a bunch of money that did nothing to address the
problem?

Duh.
pothead
2024-10-09 12:01:22 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
That bill would have codified illegal immigration.
It was a disaster and Republicans who were in favor of it obviously did not
read the bill because it was awful.
--
pothead
Kamala Harris Word Salad Special Of The Day
Served Complete With Venn Diagram Dressing
Alan
Quote an "awful" provision of that bill.
Skeeter
2024-10-09 22:28:47 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Money to Ukraine. That's not our border.

The border doesn't need funds. They just need to follow the law.
pothead
2024-10-09 22:54:32 UTC
nuh-https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4455506-breaking-down-the-senate-
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Assuming the libby is capable of reading for comprehension, and I have my
doubts, here is a breakdown of why this was a disastrous piece of legislation.

<https://thehill.com/opinion/immigration/4455506-breaking-down-the-senate-border
-bill-and-why-it-has-no-chance-of-passing/>
Alan
2024-10-11 00:59:49 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Money for Ukraine was not in the last version of the border bill.

You fail.
Skeeter
Yes it was.
Alan
2024-10-11 16:25:35 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Here's the text of the bill:

<https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/4361/text>

Show it.
Skeeter
I can't be arsed to point out the obvious.
Alan
2024-10-11 21:42:22 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
I'll state it clearly.

There is no text in the bill that provides anything to Ukraine.
Skeeter
I keep you busy don't I? Since you have no job to go to.
Alan
2024-10-12 17:23:48 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
You amuse me... ...a little.

Now, quote the text you claim gives money for Ukraine in that bill.

Or are you too chicken?
Skeeter
Is chicken the new word of the day?
Alan
2024-10-12 19:32:17 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
You claimed the bill included money for Ukraine...

...but you can't produce it.
Skeeter
Maybe someone cowardly snipped it.
Alan
2024-10-13 17:47:05 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
It's the congressional record, doofus.

Why can't you assholes just admit when you're wrong?
Skeeter
We're not.
Alan
2024-10-13 23:19:54 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
You are.

If you weren't, you could quickly prove it by quoting the text from the
bill linked above to prove it.

But you can't quote it...

...because you are wrong.

:-)
Skeeter
We are never wrong. It's all E=MC with a tiny 2.
Alan
2024-10-14 17:44:26 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
And this is how you earned your new sobriquet.

:-)
Skeeter
2024-10-14 17:59:13 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
I didn't know I was earning anything. This is usenet remember? You post,
I slap you and you call me names. That's about it.
Alan
You being ignorant is not new.
Skeeter
2024-10-14 20:04:21 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
You snipping just shows you are nothing but a wannabe troll.

NoBody
2024-10-12 14:18:14 UTC
On Fri, 11 Oct 2024 11:35:17 -0600, Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
The word "Ukraine" does not appear in the bill. Skeeter-Shit "Lamey" Jack-Off
Shit-4-Braincell, convicted child molester, lifelong failure and fucking
do-nothing, is lying once again.
Yet poor lying Rudy can't defend what he says here.
Well Rudely is troll so there's that.
Alan
2024-10-12 17:22:55 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by pothead
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Ignoring your uncivil namecalling, do you agree that in the bill under
discussion, there is no money for Ukraine that was included?
NoBody
What was "uncivil" about what I said? I stated a fact.
Alan
"Rudely"
Skeeter
You can feel usenet? Maybe you should get out of the basement.
Alan
Then that would have HELPED his election chances, wouldn't it?
Skeeter
You really are this stupid.
NoBody
Yep, I'm afraid he is.
NoBody
2024-10-10 11:47:15 UTC
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
Nonresponsive answer.
Please try again.
Alan
2024-10-10 19:36:58 UTC
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
You didn't ask any question that required an answer.

Please answer mine now.
Skeeter
He did and it's right above.
Alan
2024-10-11 00:58:36 UTC
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
[...]
That position is untenable from someone who insists a question isn't an
answer.
Skeeter
It isn't. That's the same shit Holman does to run away.
NoBody
2024-10-11 11:17:42 UTC
On Thu, 10 Oct 2024 13:44:30 -0600, Skeeter
Post by Skeeter
Post by Alan
Post by NoBody
Post by Alan