OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL
MattB .
2014-04-10 08:30:22 UTC
OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/09/Obama-Requests-1-1-Billion-DOJ-382-1-Million-For-Gun-Control

President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."

Included in the DOJ's $382.1 million figure is a request for $2
million for smart gun technology grants.

According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes]
$182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
initiative."

"Now is the Time" includes the following:

1. Require background checks for all gun sales.

2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.

3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.

4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.

4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets

5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime

6. End the freeze on gun violence research

7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.

8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.

As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.

Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?

***********************

1.1 Billion?

What program he going to cut for this?
Klaus Schadenfreude
2014-04-10 11:25:31 UTC
Post by MattB .
[...]
WE can start with Congressional pay.

"Based on the stupid shit you post and your apalling [sic] lack of
education I'm sure your kids are dummer [sic] than sheep."
-Professor Deep Dudu
betweentheeyes
2014-04-10 14:55:14 UTC
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 01:30:22 -0700, MattB .
Post by MattB .
[...]
Klaus, they are just scrimping by

"Democrat Jim Moran of Virginia proposed a measure giving lawmakers
an additional $25 for every day they are working in DC, saying the
money is needed to help them cope with the high cost of living in
the area. Members of Congress are currently paid $174,000 per
year."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/pol-who-said-congress-
underpaid-floats-housing-stipend-n76011
RD Sandman
2014-04-10 16:18:12 UTC
Post by MattB .
OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/09/Obama-Requests-1-1-B
illion-DOJ-382-1-Million-For-Gun-Control
President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."
Included in the DOJ's $382.1 million figure is a request for $2
million for smart gun technology grants.
According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes]
$182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
initiative."
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
I'm for that but no registration and strong detail about how the
background checks will be enforced.
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Or the rules regarding what information should be in NICS.
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
Why? They haven't done anything on their own. How a gun is used is
completely up to the person using it. Besides, a couple of years ago
there were over 9,500 homicides with firearms. Of those less than 700
were accomplished with a long arm (rifle or shotgun)...assault weapons
were a small part of them. It is simply that the media has put assault
weapons on everyone's mind.
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
Again...why? Two points. People don't get killed by hi-cap magazines.
The get killed by the shooter. Secondly, with very little practice the
difference in shooting 30 rounds from one magazine and shooting 30 rounds
from three 10 round magazines is less than 6 seconds.
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
Which bullets are they? If they know that they exist, they surely know
by name which ones they are. Also they need to keep in mind the use of
the term "armor". There is a huge difference between armor-piercing
rounds and rounds that will penetrate a commmon police armored vest or
flak jacket. That latter round would eliminate most long arm hunting
rounds including deer hunters.
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
Would the public allow "stop n frisk" in those tools? How about sweeps
through gang territories?
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
That's fair IF it is to be a balanced study from an ideological
viewpoint.
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
However, they won't allow teachers or administrators to carry firearms no
matter how well trained they are. BTW, part of our problems today come
from an "nurturing environment". There are times when tough love is
called for not nurturing.
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
Yep.
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
They would have no choice but to admit it. Adam Lanza was NOT the
purchaser of the firearms. His mother was and she passed the background
checks. Of the others like Loughner, Cho, Holmes, Alexis, Lopez, etc...
information on their psychiatric care (or lack of it in Loughner's case)
never got into NICS. All of those folks passed background checks for the
firearms they purchased.
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?
;)
***********************
--
Sleep well tonight.......

RD (The Sandman}

One bullet in the possession of a criminal is too many.....
Ten bullets in the possession of a mother trying to protect
her children....may not be enough.

---
MattB .
2014-04-10 16:51:39 UTC
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:18:12 -0500, RD Sandman
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/09/Obama-Requests-1-1-B
illion-DOJ-382-1-Million-For-Gun-Control
President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."
Included in the DOJ's $382.1 million figure is a request for $2
million for smart gun technology grants.
According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes]
$182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
initiative."
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
I'm for that but no registration and strong detail about how the
background checks will be enforced.
Yes I could except that. The bill would have to be designed in such a
way as it had built in safeguards against the use of executive orders.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Or the rules regarding what information should be in NICS.
Yes that was discussed among people here including gun toting
Democrats. The Mental ill part was a worry as that definition could
men one thing to get it passed that we'd agree to and later changed to
anyone that has ever been depressed.

Many people don't trust politicians. That has hurt this being passed.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
Why? They haven't done anything on their own. How a gun is used is
completely up to the person using it. Besides, a couple of years ago
there were over 9,500 homicides with firearms. Of those less than 700
were accomplished with a long arm (rifle or shotgun)...assault weapons
were a small part of them. It is simply that the media has put assault
weapons on everyone's mind.
In America personal responsibility isn't PC. It is always someone or
something's fault. The Past or the gun was a fault never the person
pulling the trigger.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
Again...why? Two points. People don't get killed by hi-cap magazines.
The get killed by the shooter. Secondly, with very little practice the
difference in shooting 30 rounds from one magazine and shooting 30 rounds
from three 10 round magazines is less than 6 seconds.
I won't support this. I don't consider 10 rounds large and also my
favorite weapons to carry come with more than that out of the box.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
Which bullets are they? If they know that they exist, they surely know
by name which ones they are. Also they need to keep in mind the use of
the term "armor". There is a huge difference between armor-piercing
rounds and rounds that will penetrate a commmon police armored vest or
flak jacket. That latter round would eliminate most long arm hunting
rounds including deer hunters.
True
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
Would the public allow "stop n frisk" in those tools? How about sweeps
through gang territories?
LOL Though that would reduce the murders more than Obama's gun
control bills they would never allow that. If you listen to the
liberals on here the gangs don't do the killing it is done by the past
and the gangs have no personal responsibility they can't help it.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
That's fair IF it is to be a balanced study from an ideological
viewpoint.
That will never happen.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
However, they won't allow teachers or administrators to carry firearms no
matter how well trained they are. BTW, part of our problems today come
from an "nurturing environment". There are times when tough love is
called for not nurturing.
True I have seen kids screaming at mom calling her a F Bitch and was
more than a little shocked she did nothing. If I'd ever called my mom
those words I'd have not been able to sit for a week.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
Yep.
I also agree with that.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
They would have no choice but to admit it. Adam Lanza was NOT the
purchaser of the firearms. His mother was and she passed the background
checks. Of the others like Loughner, Cho, Holmes, Alexis, Lopez, etc...
information on their psychiatric care (or lack of it in Loughner's case)
never got into NICS. All of those folks passed background checks for the
firearms they purchased.
Getting this information into the system and yet not allowing it to be
used as a weapon against people. Who decides and what are the
requirements. We've already seen people with permits personal
information made public. Criminals liked that they knew where not to
steal.

Then again would just making a threat be enough to put you on the list
if so I know 3 Gun Control supporters who need their names added.
;-))))

Can you guess which 3?
***********************
RD Sandman
2014-04-10 17:36:40 UTC
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Or the rules regarding what information should be in NICS.
Yes that was discussed among people here including gun toting
Democrats. The Mental ill part was a worry as that definition could
men one thing to get it passed that we'd agree to and later changed to
anyone that has ever been depressed.
There is a need to ensure that the decision rides in the hands of
certified mental health professionals not your local bar shrink.
Post by MattB .
Many people don't trust politicians. That has hurt this being passed.
Gee, I wonder why that is..... ;)
Post by MattB .
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
Why? They haven't done anything on their own. How a gun is used is
completely up to the person using it. Besides, a couple of years ago
there were over 9,500 homicides with firearms. Of those less than 700
were accomplished with a long arm (rifle or shotgun)...assault weapons
were a small part of them. It is simply that the media has put
assault weapons on everyone's mind.
In America personal responsibility isn't PC. It is always someone or
something's fault. The Past or the gun was a fault never the person
pulling the trigger.
That it is one of the things that needs to be changed or revamped.
Post by MattB .
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
Again...why? Two points. People don't get killed by hi-cap
magazines. The get killed by the shooter. Secondly, with very little
practice the difference in shooting 30 rounds from one magazine and
shooting 30 rounds from three 10 round magazines is less than 6
seconds.
I won't support this. I don't consider 10 rounds large and also my
favorite weapons to carry come with more than that out of the box.
As you can probably tell, I don't either even though most of my carry
guns are wheels.
Post by MattB .
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute
gun crime
Would the public allow "stop n frisk" in those tools? How about
sweeps through gang territories?
LOL Though that would reduce the murders more than Obama's gun
control bills they would never allow that. If you listen to the
liberals on here the gangs don't do the killing it is done by the past
and the gangs have no personal responsibility they can't help it.
They would like you to think that.....
Post by MattB .
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
That's fair IF it is to be a balanced study from an ideological
viewpoint.
That will never happen.
Perhaps we need a study that both sides can find fault with. ;)
Post by MattB .
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
However, they won't allow teachers or administrators to carry firearms
no matter how well trained they are. BTW, part of our problems today
come from an "nurturing environment". There are times when tough love
is called for not nurturing.
True I have seen kids screaming at mom calling her a F Bitch and was
more than a little shocked she did nothing. If I'd ever called my mom
those words I'd have not been able to sit for a week.
And when you healed.....Dad would have his session with you.
Post by MattB .
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
[...]
IIRC, that ended when some of the locals started publishing home
addresses of some of the folks on the newspaper staff. I thought that
was rather fair.
Post by MattB .
Then again would just making a threat be enough to put you on the list
if so I know 3 Gun Control supporters who need their names added.
;-))))
Can you guess which 3?
Number 1 would Fineswine....even though I like some of her stances on
other subjects. Schumer has never seen a microphone he didn't like.

Daryl
2014-04-10 17:32:20 UTC
Post by MattB .
OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/09/Obama-Requests-1-1-Billion-DOJ-382-1-Million-For-Gun-Control
President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."
Included in the DOJ's $382.1 million figure is a request for $2
million for smart gun technology grants.
According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes]
$182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
initiative."
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
The only reason this won't go through the House is the "NO" factor.
Pawn Shop owners would like to see it, gun clubs would like to see it,
but the NRA doesn't for some odd reason.
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a bad
thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database. The State
can do a good job if only it will.
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado defines an
assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine with rails for
mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and dried. It didn't
stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any of the others. What
it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the military grade. I can buy
bushmasters all over the place.
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
I saw an AR-15 Civilian Grade with a 10 round clip. It just didn't look
right. The clip doesn't come much past the bottom of the receiver.
Yes, it's limited to 15 rounds but the 15 round clip is in short supply.
I think that the limit should be 20 which would cover a few semi auto
hand guns as well. In otherwords, with a 20 round clip, nothing would
need to be changed except the 30, 50 and 100 round clips.
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
And this is a bad thing?
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
I wasn't aware that there was a ban on gun violence research. If so, a
ban on it is just plain stupid.
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting it
will make a difference. We would see better security on those weapons.
Those that don't have better security should be aware that they can do
the same prison sentence as the ones that they "Loaned" the weapons to.
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
--
Visit http://droopyvids.com for free TV and Movies. One of
the Largest Collections of Public Domain and Classic TV on
the Internet.
RD Sandman
2014-04-10 17:52:31 UTC
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/09/Obama-Requests-1-1-
Billion-DOJ-382-1-Million-For-Gun-Control
President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."
Included in the DOJ's $382.1 million figure is a request for $2
million for smart gun technology grants.
According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes]
$182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
initiative."
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
The only reason this won't go through the House is the "NO" factor.
Pawn Shop owners would like to see it, gun clubs would like to see it,
but the NRA doesn't for some odd reason.
Perhaps because it probably won't work without registration.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a bad
thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database. The
State can do a good job if only it will.
The state is probably the entity who would have to do it since the
federal government has no constitutional power to monitor sales of
private property from one individual to another within a state. One
reason why 16 states have already passed laws requiring transfers of
handguns and/or assault weapons to go through an FFL or law enforcement
or the purchaser possessing a permit to purchase or an FOID type license.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado defines
an assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine with rails
for mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and dried. It
didn't stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any of the
others. What it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the military
grade. I can buy bushmasters all over the place.
Just what do you consider to be "military grade"? It is, after all,
simply a medium powered clone of a military weapons that is semi auto.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
I saw an AR-15 Civilian Grade with a 10 round clip. It just didn't
look right. The clip doesn't come much past the bottom of the
receiver. Yes, it's limited to 15 rounds but the 15 round clip is in
short supply.
I think that the limit should be 20 which would cover a few semi auto
hand guns as well.
That is a lot more livable than 7 or 10 round mags.

Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
And which bullets are they? Please list by name.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
And this is a bad thing?
Depends on the tools.
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
Nurturing climates at every turn are part of the reason we are having
these problems. Tough love needs to be put in place a lot more than it
is. Making parent responsible for some of the actions of their kids
wouls also be an interesting spur.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
One of the first things that would need to occur is removal of the stigma
attached to mental illness.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting it
will make a difference.
That's called parental responsibility in cases like Lanza......Oh wait,
he killed her in her bed. Well, so much for asking permission.

Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
Why do liberals always want to cough up someone else's money?

Daryl
2014-04-10 20:37:32 UTC
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
[...]
I don't see a need for registration other than the various fire arms
license that already do that. It can be done without registration.
Wouldn't it be stupid to have to register that you are a law abiding
citizen? Amounts to about the same thing. REgister the Criminals, and
such but not the common citizen.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a bad
thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database. The
State can do a good job if only it will.
The state is probably the entity who would have to do it since the
federal government has no constitutional power to monitor sales of
private property from one individual to another within a state. One
reason why 16 states have already passed laws requiring transfers of
handguns and/or assault weapons to go through an FFL or law enforcement
or the purchaser possessing a permit to purchase or an FOID type license.
What the Feds can do is pass a weak law and allow the states to tighten
it up from there. Not a far sweeping piece of legislation.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado defines
an assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine with rails
for mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and dried. It
didn't stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any of the
others. What it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the military
grade. I can buy bushmasters all over the place.
Just what do you consider to be "military grade"? It is, after all,
simply a medium powered clone of a military weapons that is semi auto.
Pretty easy answer. In a civilian grade, it's set to fire the .223
ammo. It's a lot less power than the .556 military grade. I wouldn't
suggest you buy an AR or a Bushmaster off the shelf and start loading
.556 military ammo. Most think they are the same. No, the .556
Military is much hotter and not healthy to fire too many times through a
civilian grade .223 rifle. If you know the difference, you still can
get your hands on a semi auto military grade .556 AR but they are far
and few in between.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
And which bullets are they? Please list by name.
I won't give URLs here since it might cause someone that doesn't know
how to get them when they shouldn't. But a simple Search for armor
piercing ammo for sale in google brings a ton of places to buy the
bullets for reloaders. These are steel cored bullets and normal body
armor will be penetrated every time.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
And this is a bad thing?
Depends on the tools.
We don't need a repeat of the funds given to various law enforcement
agencies like Homeland Security did where it was used for some pretty
rediculous things. But there needs to be better and more cops shoes on
the ground in those neighborhoods that are the problem areas. Plus
classes for the citizens in those areas to promote community involvement
even if it's just pick up the phone.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
Nurturing climates at every turn are part of the reason we are having
these problems. Tough love needs to be put in place a lot more than it
is. Making parent responsible for some of the actions of their kids
wouls also be an interesting spur.
Around here, they are getting ready to kick off a program to get the
distruptive students out of the main stream classes. This gets the
bullies and the ones that continue to bring in weapons to school among
others. They have been using in house suspension which gives a false
reading. Get them off the school grounds. It's not like the District
doesn't have some empty buildings. But put them with teachers that
won't put up with their BS with a Judge waiting in the background.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
One of the first things that would need to occur is removal of the stigma
attached to mental illness.
That can come later. If a person is mentally ill and might be a
jeapordy to themselves or others, they shouldn't be able to buy or
possess firearms of any kind. But only if a Judge finds it that way.
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting it
will make a difference.
That's called parental responsibility in cases like Lanza......Oh wait,
he killed her in her bed. Well, so much for asking permission.
One incident for the guns themselves. And he had to kill her to get
them. The clip that did most of the killing was a 100 round clip that
jammed at about 50 rounds in. Two things, had the rifle been in a
locked gun cabinet he still might have gotten to it but maybe not. As
for the clip, placing a 20 round clip limit would not have stopped the
killing but it would be half as much. While it might not have been
stopped, at least the damage could have been minimized.
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
Why do liberals always want to cough up someone else's money?
Becuase you and your people have been dipping into mine lately. Against
a 3+ percent cost of living and index, we get 1.5% to help pay for
things. Meanwhile the University employees, including the ones that
just take up space, get even more money.

It's okay to take it from someone else for you as long as it's not taken
from you. Does that make you a Liberal?
the Internet.
Just Wondering
2014-04-11 01:11:09 UTC
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
[...]
First, a .556 bullet would only be 2/100" in diameter, thinner than a
pencil lead. The military round is the 5.56mm NATO (or 5.56x45mm), not
.556.
Second, you are perpetrating a belief that ain't necessarily so. The
5.56 NATO round is not inherently more powerful than .223 Rem ammo. It
is entirely possible to buy (or reload) .223 ammo that is more powerful
than 5.56 ammo. Take a look at
http://www.luckygunner.com/labs/5-56-vs-223/

Which is all actually beside the point. Any 30 caliber, 6.5mm, or 7mm
round is MUCH more powerful than any .22 caliber round. And 30 caliber
weapons are available in the AR platform (AR-10), or other semi-autos
(Ruger Mini-30, M1A,) or bolt actions (Remington 700).

The most accepted definition of an assault rifle is a rifle light and
compact enough to be suitable for urban warfare, that can be switched
between semi-auto and fully automatic fire. Anything else is just
window dressing. An M16A1 would be an assault rifle while the civilian
AR-15 is not. "Assault weapon" as differentiated from assault rifle is
an emotionally loaded epithet with no meaningful semantic content.

BTW, the "AR" in AR-15 does not stand for "Assault Rifle". It comes
from Armalite, the company who designed the original rifle. AR-15 was
short for Armalite-15.
RD Sandman
2014-04-11 17:27:06 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
[...]
Yep...one of the things that makes 5.56 NATO a bit more powerful than a
.223 Remington is case thickness. That increases the chamber pressure.
Anyway, the notation on the barrel will tell someone whether that barrel
is pressure tested with 5.56 NATO or .223 chamber pressures.
Post by Just Wondering
Which is all actually beside the point. Any 30 caliber, 6.5mm, or 7mm
round is MUCH more powerful than any .22 caliber round. And 30 caliber
weapons are available in the AR platform (AR-10), or other semi-autos
(Ruger Mini-30, M1A,) or bolt actions (Remington 700).
The most accepted definition of an assault rifle is a rifle light and
compact enough to be suitable for urban warfare, that can be switched
between semi-auto and fully automatic fire. Anything else is just
window dressing. An M16A1 would be an assault rifle while the civilian
AR-15 is not. "Assault weapon" as differentiated from assault rifle is
an emotionally loaded epithet with no meaningful semantic content.
BTW, the "AR" in AR-15 does not stand for "Assault Rifle". It comes
from Armalite, the company who designed the original rifle. AR-15 was
short for Armalite-15.
Nice summary.

RD Sandman
2014-04-11 17:23:50 UTC
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
[...]
OH? Tell me how the feds will know how many guns I have? If they don't
know....how will they know when I transfer one? Yes, that would be
illegal, but.....
Post by Daryl
Wouldn't it be stupid to have to register that you are a law abiding
citizen? Amounts to about the same thing. REgister the Criminals,
and such but not the common citizen.
Can't do that as it pertains to firearms.....see Haynes v US, 390 US 85
(1968)
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a
bad thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database.
The State can do a good job if only it will.
The state is probably the entity who would have to do it since the
federal government has no constitutional power to monitor sales of
private property from one individual to another within a state. One
reason why 16 states have already passed laws requiring transfers of
handguns and/or assault weapons to go through an FFL or law
enforcement or the purchaser possessing a permit to purchase or an
FOID type license.
What the Feds can do is pass a weak law
What part of "no constitutional authority" did you miss?

and allow the states to
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado
defines an assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine
with rails for mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and
dried. It didn't stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any
of the others. What it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the
military grade. I can buy bushmasters all over the place.
Just what do you consider to be "military grade"? It is, after all,
simply a medium powered clone of a military weapons that is semi auto.
Pretty easy answer. In a civilian grade, it's set to fire the .223
ammo. It's a lot less power than the .556 military grade.
All AR15s can shoot the .223 Remington. Even some .223 Remingtons can
fire 5.56 NATO. The difference is chamber pressure not any dimensions.

I wouldn't
Post by Daryl
suggest you buy an AR or a Bushmaster off the shelf and start loading
.556 military ammo.
Why not? Most AR15 clones are certified for 5.56 NATO.....even
Bushmaster.

Post by Daryl
Military is much hotter and not healthy to fire too many times through
a civilian grade .223 rifle. If you know the difference, you still
can get your hands on a semi auto military grade .556 AR but they are
far and few in between.
Bullshit...... I have two of them. What you need to do is look on the
side of the chamber. That will tell you if that barrel type has been
tested for 5.56 chamber pressures.
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
And which bullets are they? Please list by name.
I won't give URLs here since it might cause someone that doesn't know
how to get them when they shouldn't.
Again, bullshit. I suppose you consider teflon coated bullets and Black
Talons to be in that group. Besides, I didn't ask for URLs, I asked for
names of the rounds.

Post by Daryl
piercing ammo for sale in google brings a ton of places to buy the
bullets for reloaders. These are steel cored bullets and normal body
armor will be penetrated every time.
Normal body armor will be penetrated by virtually any existing deer
cartrdge. Normal body armor or flak jackets are fairly good against
handgun ammo but not rifle.
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute
gun crime
And this is a bad thing?
Depends on the tools.
We don't need a repeat of the funds given to various law enforcement
agencies like Homeland Security did where it was used for some pretty
rediculous things. But there needs to be better and more cops shoes
on the ground in those neighborhoods that are the problem areas.
And which neighborhoods are those? Newtown wasn't one. Nor was Virginia
Tech or Tucson or Ft Hood or Washington Navy Yard, etc..

Plus
Post by Daryl
classes for the citizens in those areas to promote community
involvement even if it's just pick up the phone.
This one is good.
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and
counselors, better emergency response plans, and more nurturing
school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
Nurturing climates at every turn are part of the reason we are having
these problems. Tough love needs to be put in place a lot more than
it is. Making parent responsible for some of the actions of their
kids wouls also be an interesting spur.
Around here, they are getting ready to kick off a program to get the
distruptive students out of the main stream classes. This gets the
bullies and the ones that continue to bring in weapons to school among
others. They have been using in house suspension which gives a false
reading. Get them off the school grounds.
Hmmmm, that doesn't sound like nurturing.....that sounds more like tough
love.

It's not like the District
Post by Daryl
doesn't have some empty buildings. But put them with teachers that
won't put up with their BS with a Judge waiting in the background.
IOW, move the shooting down the street. Are you ready for metal
detectors, police officers and on duty judges? Who pays for all that?
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
One of the first things that would need to occur is removal of the
stigma attached to mental illness.
That can come later. If a person is mentally ill and might be a
jeapordy to themselves or others, they shouldn't be able to buy or
possess firearms of any kind. But only if a Judge finds it that way.
Except for the judge it is already that way. That information is to be
in NICS, however, when someone like Loughner is expelled from college not
to return to campus without a mental health professional certifying he is
not danger to himself or others......yet no one, including local law
enforcement or his parents do anything...... When a person is under a
psychiatrist's care but that information is not place in NICS.....

Cho, Loughner, Holmes, Alexis and Lopez, for example, never had their
information placed in NICS.....
Post by Daryl
Post by RD Sandman
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background
checks would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook
Elementary; even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin
(D-WV) admit this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting
it will make a difference.
That's called parental responsibility in cases like Lanza......Oh
wait, he killed her in her bed. Well, so much for asking permission.
One incident for the guns themselves. And he had to kill her to get
them.
No, he didn't. They were in his room in a storage unit. She bought them
to try and make peace with him. He was, apparently, suffering from
autism and Asperger's Syndrome.

The clip that did most of the killing was a 100 round clip that
Post by Daryl
jammed at about 50 rounds in.
Don't conflate Holmes and Lanza. Holmes was the one with the 100 round
drum that jammed and he was in the theater in Colorado. Lanza in Newtown
used a Bushmaster, model XM150E2S rifle with hi-cap 30 round magazines, a
Glock 10mm handgun and a Sig P226 9mm handgun. There was also a 12ga
shotgun seized from the car in the parking lot.

Post by Daryl
locked gun cabinet he still might have gotten to it but maybe not. As
for the clip, placing a 20 round clip limit would not have stopped the
killing but it would be half as much. While it might not have been
stopped, at least the damage could have been minimized.
With very little practice, the difference in time when firing 30 rounds
from a 30 round magazine and 30 rounds from three 10 round magazines is
less than 6 seconds.
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3
percent higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in
place (1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million
dollars instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
Why do liberals always want to cough up someone else's money?
Becuase you and your people have been dipping into mine lately.
I don't have "people" other than my family and they don't know you from
Adam....the real Adam, not Lanza.
Post by Daryl
Against a 3+ percent cost of living and index, we get 1.5% to help pay
for things. Meanwhile the University employees, including the ones
that just take up space, get even more money.
Then go get a job with the university.
Post by Daryl
It's okay to take it from someone else for you as long as it's not
taken from you. Does that make you a Liberal?
No, it makes you full of shit and ranting about things you don't
understand......but, then what's new? ;)

MattB .
2014-04-10 18:11:48 UTC
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:32:20 -0600, Daryl
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
OBAMA REQUESTS $1.1 BILLION, DOJ $382.1 MILLION FOR GUN CONTROL
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/09/Obama-Requests-1-1-Billion-DOJ-382-1-Million-For-Gun-Control
President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."
Included in the DOJ's $382.1 million figure is a request for $2
million for smart gun technology grants.
According to The Washington Beacon, Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes]
$182 million to support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
initiative."
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
The only reason this won't go through the House is the "NO" factor.
Pawn Shop owners would like to see it, gun clubs would like to see it,
but the NRA doesn't for some odd reason.
Try proposing one that doesn't include Gun Registration as it's main
goal. Try passing then as separate bills.

The purpose of a background check is to prevent those that should not
be able to buy a gun from doing so right. Why the need for
registration in that.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a bad
thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database. The State
can do a good job if only it will.
Again every suggestion I have seen also mandates registration.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado defines an
assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine with rails for
mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and dried. It didn't
stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any of the others. What
it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the military grade. I can buy
bushmasters all over the place.
Well it is in the details. Then again that wouldn't have stopped much
in the way of crime.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
I saw an AR-15 Civilian Grade with a 10 round clip. It just didn't look
right. The clip doesn't come much past the bottom of the receiver.
Yes, it's limited to 15 rounds but the 15 round clip is in short supply.
I think that the limit should be 20 which would cover a few semi auto
hand guns as well. In otherwords, with a 20 round clip, nothing would
need to be changed except the 30, 50 and 100 round clips.
Well 100 round clips jam. Those in training don't use or need them.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
Then what are they type and such. "armor-piercing bullets" sounds
like you want to prohibit many used for hunting.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
And this is a bad thing?
No but it is never the criminals fault just ask WY or Gary. It is the
past say 50 or more years ago or they didn't get a bike for Christmas
it is never the persons fault who pulled the trigger. Well except for
Z. Personal responsibility never.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
I wasn't aware that there was a ban on gun violence research. If so, a
ban on it is just plain stupid.
Think they mean paid for by the tax payers. I'd not trust anything
that came of that anyway.

One thing about this type of thing. It always seems to favor the
expectations of whoever pays for it.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
It's not even the NRA supports that.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
It isn't and is needed for more than just Gun Control it is needed
because it is the right thing to do.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting it
will make a difference. We would see better security on those weapons.
Those that don't have better security should be aware that they can do
the same prison sentence as the ones that they "Loaned" the weapons to.
Would that include the parents of say Gang members in Chicago? Make
parents responsible for the actions of their kids below the age of 18.
Equally liable?
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
Sorry that was pro bono, but keep looking. LOL

Then again what is he planning on doing with 1.1 billion a massive
media campaign? ;-))

Never trust the Obozo.
Daryl
2014-04-10 20:56:13 UTC
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
[...]
Then get your House Reps off their dead ass and just present that. It
will get quite a bit of support. The All or Nothing just brings the
Congress to it's knees.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a bad
thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database. The State
can do a good job if only it will.
Again every suggestion I have seen also mandates registration.
Except from me and those like me. Guess what, we out number yours. Get
it presented from one of your dead assed Republicans in the house and
see just what happens. It's not just a compromise, it's doing what is
right.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado defines an
assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine with rails for
mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and dried. It didn't
stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any of the others. What
it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the military grade. I can buy
bushmasters all over the place.
Well it is in the details. Then again that wouldn't have stopped much
in the way of crime.
It would prevent mass killings. Not stop the killing but minimize the
damage.The Theater Shooting with him only having a 20 round clip and
those hands guns, it would have changed the numbers from 57 to a maximum
of 27. Considering the bulk of the deaths and injuries was done by the
.223 until the 100 round clip jammed at about 50.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
I saw an AR-15 Civilian Grade with a 10 round clip. It just didn't look
right. The clip doesn't come much past the bottom of the receiver.
Yes, it's limited to 15 rounds but the 15 round clip is in short supply.
I think that the limit should be 20 which would cover a few semi auto
hand guns as well. In otherwords, with a 20 round clip, nothing would
need to be changed except the 30, 50 and 100 round clips.
Well 100 round clips jam. Those in training don't use or need them.
But they are available to all even those that aren't trained to use
them. Do you bet that the jam will occur in the first 10 rounds or do
you gamble that it will jam at 75?
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
Then what are they type and such. "armor-piercing bullets" sounds
like you want to prohibit many used for hunting.
Already answer that in another post that goes unanswered as of yet. I
know, do you? Something like this should not be pinpointed in here so
the fruitcakes won't be directed where to buy them from.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
And this is a bad thing?
No but it is never the criminals fault just ask WY or Gary. It is the
past say 50 or more years ago or they didn't get a bike for Christmas
it is never the persons fault who pulled the trigger. Well except for
Z. Personal responsibility never.
You still haven't given a reason why it's a bad thing.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
I wasn't aware that there was a ban on gun violence research. If so, a
ban on it is just plain stupid.
Think they mean paid for by the tax payers. I'd not trust anything
that came of that anyway.
One thing about this type of thing. It always seems to favor the
expectations of whoever pays for it.
Utilize the Rand Corporation. I think we all agree that they are about
the best and most neutral. And they DO studies for the Government as
well as for Businesses.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
It's not even the NRA supports that.
The NRA does what the Arms Manufactures tell them to. If you believe
your NRA membership buys you a say in matters, you are wrong. So it
matters little what they have to say. It's still doing what is right.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
It isn't and is needed for more than just Gun Control it is needed
because it is the right thing to do.
Wow, you bring up "The Right Thing To Do" finally.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background checks
would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary;
even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) admit
this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting it
will make a difference. We would see better security on those weapons.
Those that don't have better security should be aware that they can do
the same prison sentence as the ones that they "Loaned" the weapons to.
Would that include the parents of say Gang members in Chicago? Make
parents responsible for the actions of their kids below the age of 18.
Equally liable?
You are just trying to deflect now. You are still MattBLoon on some
subjects. Reread the paragraph and take it for what was typed not
something you read into it.
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3 percent
higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in place
(1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million dollars
instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
Sorry that was pro bono, but keep looking. LOL
Then again what is he planning on doing with 1.1 billion a massive
media campaign? ;-))
Never trust the Obozo.
So you are on the Government Tit. Funny how you should be trying to
take from others on Government Funds yet if they took from you, you
would be one of the first to grab the Pitchforks and Torches along with
the rest of your very ugly crowd.
the Internet.
RD Sandman
2014-04-11 19:52:36 UTC
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
[...]
It's the Democrats who want registration not the Replicans or
Independents.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
2. Strengthen the background check system for gun sales.
Having everyone go through a major gun sales check. How is this a
bad thing as long as it doesn't make it into a federal database.
The State can do a good job if only it will.
Again every suggestion I have seen also mandates registration.
Except from me and those like me. Guess what, we out number yours.
Not in Congress you don't.
Post by Daryl
Get it presented from one of your dead assed Republicans in the house
and see just what happens. It's not just a compromise, it's doing
what is right.
Tnhen get the Democrats to go along.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is. Colorado
defines an assault weapon as a weapon with a detachable magazine
with rails for mounting other weapons on it. It's pretty cut and
dried. It didn't stop the manufacture of the AR-15 Civilian or any
of the others. What it did stop was the manufacture/sales of the
military grade. I can buy bushmasters all over the place.
Well it is in the details. Then again that wouldn't have stopped
much in the way of crime.
It would prevent mass killings. Not stop the killing but minimize the
damage.The Theater Shooting with him only having a 20 round clip and
those hands guns, it would have changed the numbers from 57 to a
maximum of 27.
I see you are assuming he wasn't smart enough to reload.

Post by Daryl
done by the .223 until the 100 round clip jammed at about 50.
It jammed quicker than that. Glad to see you finally realized that the
jammed mag was Holmes in Aurora not Lanza in Newtown.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Limit ammunition magazines to 10 rounds.
I saw an AR-15 Civilian Grade with a 10 round clip. It just didn't
look right. The clip doesn't come much past the bottom of the
receiver. Yes, it's limited to 15 rounds but the 15 round clip is in
short supply.
I think that the limit should be 20 which would cover a few semi auto
hand guns as well. In otherwords, with a 20 round clip, nothing
would need to be changed except the 30, 50 and 100 round clips.
Well 100 round clips jam. Those in training don't use or need them.
But they are available to all even those that aren't trained to use
them. Do you bet that the jam will occur in the first 10 rounds or do
you gamble that it will jam at 75?
They are drums not magazines (or clips)
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
Then what are they type and such. "armor-piercing bullets" sounds
like you want to prohibit many used for hunting.
Already answer that in another post that goes unanswered as of yet. I
know, do you? Something like this should not be pinpointed in here so
the fruitcakes won't be directed where to buy them from.
No, your other response on that got answered.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
I wasn't aware that there was a ban on gun violence research. If
so, a ban on it is just plain stupid.
Think they mean paid for by the tax payers. I'd not trust anything
that came of that anyway.
One thing about this type of thing. It always seems to favor the
expectations of whoever pays for it.
Utilize the Rand Corporation. I think we all agree that they are
about the best and most neutral. And they DO studies for the
Government as well as for Businesses.
What he is saying is that private industry should finance those studies
not the government which financed CDC's studies.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and
counselors, better emergency response plans, and more nurturing
school climates.
And this is a bat thing, How?
It's not even the NRA supports that.
The NRA does what the Arms Manufactures tell them to. If you believe
your NRA membership buys you a say in matters, you are wrong. So it
matters little what they have to say. It's still doing what is right.
Again, you like to pontificate on matters based on innuendo and not
fact.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
And this is a bad thing how?
It isn't and is needed for more than just Gun Control it is needed
because it is the right thing to do.
Wow, you bring up "The Right Thing To Do" finally.
Oh, no problem...many of the things you mentioned would be the right
thing to do. The problem is that most of the suggestions put forward
were not the right way to do them or the right target.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
As Breitbart News has previously reported, expanded background
checks would not have stopped the heinous crime at Sandy Hook
Elementary; even Senators Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin
(D-WV) admit this.
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting
it will make a difference. We would see better security on those
weapons.
Those that don't have better security should be aware that they can do
the same prison sentence as the ones that they "Loaned" the weapons to.
Would that include the parents of say Gang members in Chicago? Make
parents responsible for the actions of their kids below the age of
18. Equally liable?
You are just trying to deflect now.
No, he is responding to your comment. Can you handle his question or
not?

Post by Daryl
subjects. Reread the paragraph and take it for what was typed not
something you read into it.
IOW, you are saying....."YES", it would include them.
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Post by Daryl
Post by MattB .
Moreover, as we reported on April 7th, murder rates were 19.3
percent higher while the federal "assault weapons" ban was in
place (1994-2004). Why would we, then, spend over a hundred million
dollars instituting another ban?
***********************
1.1 Billion?
What program he going to cut for this?
How about y our pay at the University?
Sorry that was pro bono, but keep looking. LOL
Then again what is he planning on doing with 1.1 billion a massive
media campaign? ;-))
Never trust the Obozo.
So you are on the Government Tit.
Depends on the university. Some are state financed, some are private. I
don't know which one is on the table here.

Post by Daryl
take from others on Government Funds yet if they took from you, you
would be one of the first to grab the Pitchforks and Torches along
with the rest of your very ugly crowd.
Would y our tirade include those on Social Security, Medicare or Medicaid
or federal unemployment? How about SNAP?

tag-along
2014-04-10 22:51:47 UTC
Post by Daryl
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting it
will make a difference.
Bullshit!

Are you held to liability of someone borrows your car and hits a pedestrian?

Wise up, Death-plot Daryl.
RD Sandman
2014-04-11 19:54:17 UTC
Post by tag-along
Post by Daryl
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting
it will make a difference.
Bullshit!
Are you held to liability of someone borrows your car and hits a pedestrian?
Wise up, Death-plot Daryl.
I like his idea if it applies to parents and kids. I don't like making the
person liable if another adult used one of his guns to shoot someone else.

tag-along
2014-04-11 21:05:22 UTC
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by Daryl
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting
it will make a difference.
Bullshit!
Are you held to liability of someone borrows your car and hits a pedestrian?
Wise up, Death-plot Daryl.
I like his idea if it applies to parents and kids. I don't like making the
person liable if another adult used one of his guns to shoot someone else.
I'm not good with it in either instance.

"Kids" is now something that legally grades up to the age of 26!

Thanks to Obamacare...
RD Sandman
2014-04-11 22:39:27 UTC
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by Daryl
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting
it will make a difference.
Bullshit!
Are you held to liability of someone borrows your car and hits a pedestrian?
Wise up, Death-plot Daryl.
I like his idea if it applies to parents and kids. I don't like
making the person liable if another adult used one of his guns to
shoot someone else.
I'm not good with it in either instance.
"Kids" is now something that legally grades up to the age of 26!
Thanks to Obamacare...
It may be so for Obamacare, but the commonly accepted range for the age
of kids is from birth to puberty. That would be about 0-14.

tag-along
Watch the activist courts expand on that...
RD Sandman
2014-04-11 23:30:15 UTC
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by Daryl
Making the person that owns the guns as liable as the ones shooting
it will make a difference.
Bullshit!
Are you held to liability of someone borrows your car and hits a pedestrian?
Wise up, Death-plot Daryl.
I like his idea if it applies to parents and kids. I don't like
making the person liable if another adult used one of his guns to
shoot someone else.
I'm not good with it in either instance.
"Kids" is now something that legally grades up to the age of 26!
Thanks to Obamacare...
It may be so for Obamacare, but the commonly accepted range for the age
of kids is from birth to puberty. That would be about 0-14.
Watch the activist courts expand on that...
Anti-gun activists already tried that. They mentioned all these kids
being shot every day and came up with the magic number of 13/day. In
order to achieve that the age of "children" had to be calculated at 24 or
the numbers didn't work. Most of the homicides in the young are between
the ages of 15 and 24. Pretty much the same ages as drug and gang
involvement.

Just Wondering
2014-04-12 01:02:50 UTC
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
of kids is from birth to puberty. That would be about 0-14.
Watch the activist courts expand on that...
Anti-gun activists already tried that. They mentioned all these kids
being shot every day and came up with the magic number of 13/day. In
order to achieve that the age of "children" had to be calculated at 24 or
the numbers didn't work. Most of the homicides in the young are between
the ages of 15 and 24. Pretty much the same ages as drug and gang
involvement.
"Children" indeed. Most of those deaths of "children" are actually
deaths of 17 to 24 year old gangbangers involved in violent that
crimes, justify trying them as adults.
RD Sandman
2014-04-12 17:09:13 UTC
Post by Just Wondering
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
Post by tag-along
Post by RD Sandman
of kids is from birth to puberty. That would be about 0-14.
Watch the activist courts expand on that...
Anti-gun activists already tried that. They mentioned all these kids
being shot every day and came up with the magic number of 13/day. In
order to achieve that the age of "children" had to be calculated at
24 or the numbers didn't work. Most of the homicides in the young
are between the ages of 15 and 24. Pretty much the same ages as drug
and gang involvement.
"Children" indeed. Most of those deaths of "children" are actually
deaths of 17 to 24 year old gangbangers involved in violent that
crimes, justify trying them as adults.
Very good, Grasshopper. Now let's see who else in here catches on. ;)

Just Wondering
2014-04-11 00:47:06 UTC
Post by MattB .
1. Require background checks for all gun sales.
The only reason this won't go through the House is the "NO" factor. Pawn
Shop owners would like to see it, gun clubs would like to see it, but
the NRA doesn't for some odd reason.
At the most, keep a database of people who have had their "bear arms"
rights revoked by court order. Then, rather than invade every
prospective gun buyer's privacy with an individualized background check,
just get the buyer's ID and check it against the "judgment, no guns
allowed" database. If the buyer isn't on the list, no further check is
required.
Post by MattB .
3. Pass a new, stronger ban on assault weapons.
First they must define what an "Assault" weapon is.
Why, and why?
Post by MattB .
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
And this is a bad thing? These are cop killers.
You're not really that stupid, are you? That's a Hollywood fiction.
Actually, so-called armor-piercing bullets are more likely than many
other kinds to go through the body without expansion or deflection. A
bullet that expands, deflects and remains in the body is more likely to
kill than a thru-and-thru round. Not to mention that nearly every kind
of ammo made for hunting, which no one proposes banning, is much
deadlier to the human body than so-called armor-piercing rounds.
Post by MattB .
5. Give law enforcement additional tools to prevent and prosecute gun
crime
And this is a bad thing?
Depends on what the tool is.
If done by the federal government, it is a violation of the Tenth Amendment.
Just Wondering
2014-04-11 00:23:20 UTC
Post by MattB .
President Obama has requested $1.1 billion and the Department of
Justice (DOJ) asked for $382.1 million for gun control "to protect
Americans from gun violence."
Obama's $1.1 billion "[includes] $182 million to
support the president's 'Now is the Time' gun safety
4. Finish the job of getting armor-piercing bullets off the streets
This idea comes from idiots who know nothing about end ballistics.
So-called "armor-piercing" projectiles are actually LESS dangerous than
many other kinds, because they are more likely to pass cleanly through a
body, rather than expand and stay in the body, causing massive internal
damage. Virtually every kind of ammo capable of being used for hunting
deer or larger game animals can penetrate body armor even though none of
it is "armor-piercing".
Post by MattB .
6. End the freeze on gun violence research
There is no freeze on gun violence research.
Post by MattB .
7. Make our schools safer with new resource officers and counselors,
better emergency response plans, and more nurturing school climates.
School safety is a local and state issue. Read the 10th Amendment, Mr.
President.
Post by MattB .
8. Ensure quality coverage of mental health treatment, particularly
for young people.
A worthy goal, but how do you "ensure" any such thing?
Answer: you can't.

People really need to be vigilant against even the smallest government
intrusion on their rights. Just a little loss of liberty now, a little
more tomorrow, and it's just a matter of time before all liberty is lost.